Sign Nick Foles? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sign Nick Foles?

finsgonewild

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Nick Foles's contract is up after this year and is scheduled to become a free agent. It is unlikely that the Eagles will keep both Foles and Wentz next season. If Foles makes it to free agency, what about signing him? It is rare that starting caliber quarterback makes it to free agency, much less a Superbowl MVP, but it appears like it could very well happen next year. Eagles have two very good quarterbacks and I would not be oposed to signing either.

Nope, he isn’t going to be successful here. He is benefiting from good coaching and scheme. We have neither.

Agreed. I think he's a good QB, but nothing particularly special. If we were ready to win next year then sure, but we still have too much work to do. Roll with a cheap option or a draft pick next year.

For once I'd like to draft a freaking QB. This team has been trying to plug holes for a long time and hence, they have never really build a winning team. It starts at the top. There's never been a real plan in place. Everything is always done half ass from the FO to coaching staff to players. We keep using free agency to bring in older guys that have been hurt before for the most part. Drafting has been bad for years and we keep on passing on great talent (Goedert) to draft players that didn't even dominate in college(Gesicki)

If we're not going to draft a QB then just go with Faulk and Fales in 2019 then get your QB in the 2020 draft but stop wasting time and money and actually build a real foundation.

Nine, nyet, ikke , NO

I don't know how else to say it.

He has played wee in spots, and is a hard competitor.

I don't believe you bet the next 4 years on him though, and that's exactly what we would be doing.

no, no stop gap qbs...this team isnt winning with nick foles no sense in wasting the time or money
You need a veteran qb to pair with a rookie to help them grow. I am ok with either Foles or Fitzpatrick as long as we pair them with a 1st round qb.

The draft is our best path. Besides Foles, here are some QBs who could also be available:

I would bring in a few on this list to compete. Fitzpatrick, McCown, Taylor and Bridgewater. Bridgewater would be the most expensive out of these 4. I would also have Falk competing for the job too. However, all of these guys are a gap QB. If it doesn’t work out in 2019, oh well, high draft pick for 2020.

Bridgewater could be more than a stop gap, risky though. He'll be able to make some loot with a good display on Sun

This goes to how long you think it will be to fix the team. Next year? Two years? Three?

Unless Dwayne Haskins of Ohio State comes out for the draft, there isn't anyone to get excited about in this draft class. If he does leave early, then I hope the Dolphins go all in and move up to grab him because the dude can sling the rock. As for free agents, Flacco and Foles should be considered and they can always take a QB later on in the upcoming draft to groom.

Back
Top Bottom