Sign Nick Foles? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sign Nick Foles?

Unless Dwayne Haskins of Ohio State comes out for the draft, there isn't anyone to get excited about in this draft class. If he does leave early, then I hope the Dolphins go all in and move up to grab him because the dude can sling the rock. As for free agents, Flacco and Foles should be considered and they can always take a QB later on in the upcoming draft to groom.

It would likely take a trade up to the top 2, which currently belong to Arizona and San Francisco. Good news is that they're already invested in young QBs and might be interested in trading down.

So we're already behind the jets and bills for a franchise qb. And who knows how long Bradey will continue to play at his level. I has seen someone decline with Bradey but he is still the best QB in the devision.

You need a veteran qb to pair with a rookie to help them grow. I am ok with either Foles or Fitzpatrick as long as we pair them with a 1st round qb.

Bullshit.

If your QB needs a babysitter, your QB is not a franchise QB.

You think Mayfield needs a “mentor” old QB? No. The guy’s a stud with balls.

Draft me an Alpha QB. Is that so hard to see clearly? After all these years? Wow. No wonder we have been living in the toilet for 2 decades

Bullshit.

Draft me an Alpha QB. Is that so hard to see clearly? After all these years? Wow. No wonder we have been living in the toilet for 2 decades
We have not been in the toilet because of a backup qb lol
And what alpha in this draft are you referring too. There isnt one outside of haskins. I dont want to have to see someone like Cutler or osweiler because we dont have proper depth. It's part of our problem.

I wonder how many MORE threads can be started or discussed at length about the few QBs in free agency.....I'm not sure some fans read these posts because they certainly can be merged...

At any rate... ANY starting QB that has hope should be considered to at least compete... however I wouldn't like to hitch our wagon to a hopeful savior only to remain mediocre and bind the salary cap for years....

So IF (that is one of the most popular words when some fans talk Dolphins)… IF we sign a veteran and pay him well I need to see a QB drafted for the future.... maybe Falk comes in and competes along with rookie and we get lucky with one of them...

BUT.... this franchise needs a better team with a coach that... well... actually coaches on game day instead of splitting his time wondering ... what just happened and what plays should he draw up for a 3 and out so his GAS(s)Ed defense allows another score

I'd be fine with Nick Foles. The most important thing is that we get a new coach and quarterback, and a new four-year window, for somebody. Whoever that is.

I'd prefer they draft a QB.

Bullshit.

A veteran backup is not what I consider a must have, but there is value in having someone to set an example for a young, and, in many cases immature first year player.

Kirk Cousins set the bar for a temporary/mediocre starting QB 3 years $84 million guaranteed.
If anybody is delusional enough to believe anybody Miami signs to replace Tannehill won't accept a deal close to Kirk Cousins deal.

Seriously, 3 years $84 million royally screwed every team looking for a placeholder to mentor the draft pick.

Yes, take him, take all of them in free agency, take all of them in the draft. Let them have a battle royale in the offseason and the best QB wins. Play a year with that QB and if he sucks, do it all again, and again until finally one is elite. Keep doing it, every year.

He’s a lot better than Tannehill. The guy had an amazing pro bowl year, played a flawless SB on the world stage and didn’t **** the bed, and now is rallying his team on a run that could get them to the playoffs - outplaying Wentz in the process. He’s in a different league than Ryan, sorry. I’m a Tannehill supporter and I’d love to be able to point to something equally as special that he’s accomplished when put up against Foles.
That's what you see. I see a guy who dominated in a system the NFL hadn't seen yet. Once they had film on him he was below average/average...at best on the Rams and Chiefs.

Take this season into consideration. Files was all world in the Super Bowl run. At the beginning of this season, the Eagles and their fans could wait for Wentz to get back.

It depends on the foundation. IMO, next year is going to be ugly, at best, unless we bring back RT and Gase, which I'm not in favor of, as that just delays the inevitable.

Realistically, I think 2021 is the soonest we can become a legit playoff threat.

Then whoever is managing the team isn’t very good. The 3 year thing is completely arbitrary number.

Seems like they are using him as a scapegoat. The best option would be to see if he will restructure and stay. But at this point, he would be better off leaving.

If they aren’t planning on drafting a QB this year, then I agree. Improves our odds of landing a higher pick in 2020.

If the restructure results in him staying longer, nooo thanks.

Then whoever is managing the team isn’t very good. The 3 year thing is completely arbitrary number.
How much time do you think is reasonable, considering that, offensively at least, whoever you bring in as coach will have a different philosophy (I would hope) than Gase?

Not only do we have to address the O line, our WR corps is undersized for most coaches liking, and we will have a young QB, that will exhibit growing pains. All of that, without getting into our needs of another corner opposite X, and a couple solid DEs on the other side of the ball.

Now, if you are saying it doesn't take 3 years to get headed in the right direction, I agree.

3 years may be arbitrary to an extent, but reality is not. It is what it is. That's why I originally stated that the time frame was dependant on the existing foundation.

Back
Top Bottom