Sign Nick Foles? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sign Nick Foles?

Playoff "contention"? We can probably do that with the status quo sans Burke, but if that's the ceiling as this team is currently constructed, is that what you want?

IMO, to take the next step forward, we may have to be willing to endure a bad season, while the next GM puts his staff together.
Understand. Though the last 3 times we either endured that horrible season or picked in the top 3 we didn’t do anything to set ourselves up for long term success so even that isn’t a given - eg, go 3-13 and all will be right for the future. I think the last 3 times we were set up to build that nucleus we got Ronnie Brown, Jake Long and Dion Jordan (“picks and money”). The first two were nice players but little changed in terms of organizational success. Have to find a QB.

yes sign him. sign anyone but tanny. NO MAS tanny on third down.

Understand. Though the last 3 times we either endured that horrible season or picked in the top 3 we didn’t do anything to set ourselves up for long term success so even that isn’t a given - eg, go 3-13 and all will be right for the future. I think the last 3 times we were set up to build that nucleus we got Ronnie Brown, Jake Long and Dion Jordan (“picks and money”). The first two were nice players but little changed in terms of organizational success. Have to find a QB.
Nothing is a sure thing, and you are correct, high picks don't help much when you miss outright, or your pick ends up being an injury magnet.

At this point, though, I have zero faith that those in authority are competent to build a franchise, and don't want the next regime saddled with this ones grasping at straws to save their jobs.

I like Foles but agree with others that he is "Home" in Philly and in a very comfortable situation playing behind Wentz when he (Wentz) is healthy and therefore experiencing very little pressure or expectations on him week - week. I honestly think that helps him be ready for the underdog role in which he obviously flourishes.
Ill say this...IF they make playoffs with him again and win a game or two...Wentz might be the one on the trade block and IMO that would be a big mistake on the Eagles part. If he stays healthy he has lots of upside...

The lack of respect Foles gets is just plain bizarre at this point. He has one of the best statistical seasons of all time under his belt and led his team to a Super Bowl victory with the MVP title to go with it. And both of those accomplishments are with different teams/coaches.

You bring in foles you might want to bring in doug peterson with him.

Short of that no thanks

You bringing the Philly roster and GM with him?

Foles making a case he can be the man full time

Damn it... No to any Free Agent QB signings...!!! Fools Gold is all it is.

Foles just took his Eagles to the playoffs again after all odds had the Eagles missing it with the thanks to Vikings choking against the Bears.

So right now operating under the assumption that Adam Gase is toast, Foles would make a lot more sense. He would be a good bridge starter with a coach who understands the concept of building around a player's abilities.

I am worried about getting a competent VP, GM, Head Coach and staff hired before signing a QB. Lets get those guys in place first. There is no doubt that with the right guys running the team that Nick Foles could be successful in Miami. Problem with Foles is that he probably wants more than a couple of years guaranteed. For the Dolphins ,who should be drafting a franchise QB no later than 2020, a long term veteran QB just doesn't make sense.

am i mistaken or didn't Thill used to be mobile and buy time in the pocket, seems he used to be a threat with his legs, what happened, when did he become a statue

am i mistaken or didn't Thill used to be mobile and buy time in the pocket, seems he used to be a threat with his legs, what happened, when did he become a statue
He wears a knee brace now so that must limit his mobility some. He never really bought time consistently, for all of his athleticism though. Occasionally he’d do something on the run that made you gasp but it wasn’t enough.

Back
Top Bottom