Sign Nick Foles? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sign Nick Foles?

I would include Jameis Winston, but the dude has too much baggage with him, in a few words...NO THANKS. :pompus:poop:punch

I would bring in a few on this list to compete. Fitzpatrick, McCown, Taylor and Bridgewater. Bridgewater would be the most expensive out of these 4. I would also have Falk competing for the job too. However, all of these guys are a gap QB. If it doesn’t work out in 2019, oh well, high draft pick for 2020.
I think you underestimate the contracts that some of these guys will be looking for. Most are not going to sign a one or two year deal, at a low $ figure.

I don't really see the logic of a "gap" QB. How does going 8-8, instead of 5-11really help build for the future, when you factor in the cost?

I know it's not my $, and there is a salary cap, but savings can be carried over to sign FAs, etc down the line.

Don't get me wrong. I'm in no way advocating a tank job, but I don't want to tie up resources with dead money, and players that won't likely see the field in 2020.

I think you underestimate the contracts that some of these guys will be looking for. Most are not going to sign a one or two year deal, at a low $ figure.

I don't really see the logic of a "gap" QB. How does going 8-8, instead of 5-11really help build for the future, when you factor in the cost?

I know it's not my $, and there is a salary cap, but savings can be carried over to sign FAs, etc down the line.

Don't get me wrong. I'm in no way advocating a tank job, but I don't want to tie up resources with dead money, and players that won't likely see the field in 2020.

Higher draft pick for 2020 is the difference between 8-8 to 5-11 next year. Hell, I would be fine with 1-15 next year as long as we clean house and our first pick is a QB.

The big issue I have with Bridgewater is his knee behind our line. Plus, he is going to get paid. TB, Jax and NY are going to be fighting over him.

Teams can be turned around within a year or two. Happens every year.
It depends on the foundation. IMO, next year is going to be ugly, at best, unless we bring back RT and Gase, which I'm not in favor of, as that just delays the inevitable.

Realistically, I think 2021 is the soonest we can become a legit playoff threat.

If we’re going to rely on a bad-to-mediocre QB next year, just stick with Tannehill.

Seems like they are using him as a scapegoat. The best option would be to see if he will restructure and stay. But at this point, he would be better off leaving.

Nope, he isn’t going to be successful here. He is benefiting from good coaching and scheme. We have neither.
I remember when people said the same thing about Brees when we could have landed him years back too and you know who got the better deal there...

The one thing that I hope isn't playing into the situation is the illusion that we are relevant enough that Nick Foles, and his astronomical price tag, can take us over the top.
I've watched Foles greatest year turn into a modest follow up year, which turned into a trade to the Rams, which turned into a forgettable trade the next year to KC.

Foles is not bad, he's better than Tannehill, but the difference isn't so great that I would accept him with open arms like he's a savior.

If Gase dont get fired. Tannehill is our QB next year period

Couldn't care less what veteran QB they sign next year. If he's bad? Higher draft pick. If it's Teddy and he gets injured again? Higher draft pick. There are of course many holes on the team, but they're not going anywhere until the QB problem is solved.

Draft a QB if he's your guy and go from there.

The one thing that I hope isn't playing into the situation is the illusion that we are relevant enough that Nick Foles, and his astronomical price tag, can take us over the top.
I've watched Foles greatest year turn into a modest follow up year, which turned into a trade to the Rams, which turned into a forgettable trade the next year to KC.

Foles is not bad, he's better than Tannehill, but the difference isn't so great that I would accept him with open arms like he's a savior.
He’s a lot better than Tannehill. The guy had an amazing pro bowl year, played a flawless SB on the world stage and didn’t **** the bed, and now is rallying his team on a run that could get them to the playoffs - outplaying Wentz in the process. He’s in a different league than Ryan, sorry. I’m a Tannehill supporter and I’d love to be able to point to something equally as special that he’s accomplished when put up against Foles.

Yes, Da, Si
Sign Foles and fire Tbomb, Gase, and Burke. Release or keep RT as back up.
Foles will be stop gap until new staff selects their QB.
The other FA QBs are trash.
Having a competitant QB in place will help with signing a coach. Foles has proven he can win

Back
Top Bottom