Signing Our Own In FA Will Leave Us Lots Of Cap Space | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Signing Our Own In FA Will Leave Us Lots Of Cap Space

Temporary Insanity DT, they do SUCK!!! Could not find the Forbes article but, this one is pretty good, a cap increase of $5-7M a year is a good thing

.http://www.thephinsider.com/2012/3/...nfl-salary-cap-actually-increase-dramatically
$5-7 million would be really good. I think the new cap "floor" comes into play next year as well so all teams have to spend something like 98% of their cap as well. I really hate that they put that in the CBA...going to make contracts very difficult, GMs will have to be very careful with the number of escalators they put in to players contracts cause if all the players reach them you could go over the cap...would be a great season but you'll pay the price.

I've never heard this, but it is intriguing. Care to go into detail?

All he has is flat out conjecture and weird made up ****. He's a step away from claiming David Garrard was responsible for the 9/11 attacks.

Really need to resign Starks, have always liked him. If he makes the pro bowl, he will cost a ton.

I think the two priority FAs are Smith and Hartline. If I am not mistaken they are both 26 and still improving. While I would like to resign Starks he will be going into his 10th year in the league and I do not think a long term contract would be prudent. If we can sign him to a one or two yr deal, I would say do it. But will he want something longer? It is not the easiest thing to find a LT you can rely on, but since his surgery Jake Long is not the player he used to be. If you ask me he has lost some of his lateral quickness and that is why he is uncharacteristically giving up sacks. He will have to come down in his contract numbers or it might be time to go in another direction. He still is very good at run blocking, but his pass blocking has suffered.

I think the two priority FAs are Smith and Hartline. If I am not mistaken they are both 26 and still improving. While I would like to resign Starks he will be going into his 10th year in the league and I do not think a long term contract would be prudent. If we can sign him to a one or two yr deal, I would say do it. But will he want something longer? It is not the easiest thing to find a LT you can rely on, but since his surgery Jake Long is not the player he used to be. If you ask me he has lost some of his lateral quickness and that is why he is uncharacteristically giving up sacks. He will have to come down in his contract numbers or it might be time to go in another direction. He still is very good at run blocking, but his pass blocking has suffered.

Randy Starks is not even 29 yet dude!!!! Are you friggin nutts!!! You have to resign him!!!

Randy Starks plays DT, a position that typically does not see any major drop off until well into your 30s. Randy Starks will be 28 when the season starts. You sign him to another 4-5 year deal. Hes a stud.

Lol he's not playing striker in soccer or something to not be offered a long term contract at 28. He's a ****ing DT in american football where he still has A LOT of competitive years left and if we didn't resign him our D line collapses. Hell many players don't play to their best until they've hit their 30's

All he has is flat out conjecture and weird made up ****. He's a step away from claiming David Garrard was responsible for the 9/11 attacks.

Damn, I never even thought of that. Perhaps I should look into it. I wouldnt put it past David Garrard.

Wasn't Dawn Aponte run out of Cleveland for sucking ass at her job?

Youre talking about the same clowns who couldnt do the simple research that took me 30 min to do in order to discover that David Garrard was a fraud, who planned to scam the franchise out of a million dollar signing bonus, with no intentions of ever playing a down of football.

Garrard was just a guy trying to make money in the nfl playing the game your irrational rant against the man makes no sense Why would he have no intention of playing a down , your whole rationale is quite silly. Big deal just another guy that didnt make it. I mean he had more to gain by being our starting qb and it appeared early on he was that guy. Please explain how he attempted to scam one dollar out of anybody, he has been a productive qb in this league . i mean why would he want to actually make more money by playing . That tune your playing on garrard is getting downright silly and based in pure fiction that is in your head.

I have yet to see ONE SHREAD of evidence that would suggest David Garrard was inocent of any wrong doing in 9/11. And to the best of my knowledge he has yet to ever come out publically and deny being fully responsible for the whole thing. :ponder:

I have yet to see ONE SHREAD of evidence that would suggest David Garrard was inocent of any wrong doing in 9/11. And to the best of my knowledge he has yet to ever come out publically and deny being fully responsible for the whole thing. :ponder:

He's also never gone on record saying he doesn't eat babies. I find that morally reprehensible.

Back
Top Bottom