Simple Logic | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Simple Logic

realdolphin

Starter
Reaction score
If Flores and Grier were comfortable trying to win every game as a priority then it´s pretty obvious to me that they are careless about a top 3 first round selection. instead they stock piled picks which brings me to the logic that THEY DON´T WANT TO REACH FOR A QB , if the guy they want is there at 5 they´ll take him, it´s just plain obvious, if it´s not they will immediately try to move down and get another additional pick. my bet is that they will continue the tendency adding lots of quality players in specific positions. why would they reach for a specific player with so many holes to fill, stay put or trade down is more likely to be the plan. In fact if you look at Belichick he never reaches for a QB, they took Brady in the 5th round, Garappolo, Hoyer and Mallet were there and they picked them none in the first round. With Chan Gailey in charge of the offense I´m pretty sure he wants to explore Rosen before any risky crazy moves.

If Flores and Grier were comfortable trying to win every game then it´s pretty obvious to me that they are careless about a top 3 first round selection in 2020. instead they stock piled picks which brings me to the logic that THEY DON´T WANT TO REACH FOR A QB , if the guy they want is there at 5 they´ll take him, it´s just plain obvious, if it´s not there they will immediately try to move down and get another additional pick. my bet is that they will continue the plan of adding lots of quality players in specific positions. why would they reach for a specific player with so many holes to fill, stay put or trade down is more likely to be the plan. In fact if you look at Flores mentor he never reaches for a QB, they took Brady in the 5th round, Garappolo, Hoyer and Mallet were there and they picked them none in the first round. With Chan Gailey in charge of the offense I´m pretty sure he wants to explore Rosen before any compromising moves. If they decide for a QB they have 2 first rounders in 2021 so there is plenty of ammunition to pull the trigger.

I doubt they will wait until 2021 to draft a QB. Ross wants them to draft a QB this year and I don't think Rosen is in their long term plans.

Please merge this thread to the newer one (just limple logic) I cant delete it. my bad . sorry

If Flores and Grier were comfortable trying to win every game then it´s pretty obvious to me that they are careless about a top 3 first round selection in 2020. instead they stock piled picks which brings me to the logic that THEY DON´T WANT TO REACH FOR A QB , if the guy they want is there at 5 they´ll take him, it´s just plain obvious, if it´s not there they will immediately try to move down and get another additional pick. my bet is that they will continue the plan of adding lots of quality players in specific positions. why would they reach for a specific player with so many holes to fill, stay put or trade down is more likely to be the plan. In fact if you look at Flores mentor he never reaches for a QB, they took Brady in the 5th round, Garappolo, Hoyer and Mallet were there and they picked them none in the first round. With Chan Gailey in charge of the offense I´m pretty sure he wants to explore Rosen before any compromising moves. If they decide for a QB they have 2 first rounders in 2021 so there is plenty of ammunition to pull the trigger.
You aren’t addressing the fact that Miami also decided to win because they had the ammo to move up in the draft and get anyone they want. All the holes are legit, but nothing covers more holes than a qb.

You aren’t addressing the fact that Miami also decided to win because they had the ammo to move up in the draft and get anyone they want. All the holes are legit, but nothing covers more holes than a qb.
Covering a hole is not the same thing as filling it.

While I would prefer they keep all their picks and not move up. The reality is the number one priority for the Dolphins is to get their QB of the future in this draft and if they believe Tua is their guy and he is medically cleared to play, I suspect they will try to trade up to ensure he is their first pick.

Unfortunately it may cost them a lot of their high round draft resources to do so because I think they will have to trade up to 2 to ensure they are able to draft Tua. Because I think if he is still there at 3, the Lions will draft him and let him sit for a year while Stafford plays his last year in Detroit.

Many on this site WANT a certain player … they have good reasons … I agree with the OP for the most part … I don't think the FO and HC wants to reach for anything that's not as sure a bet as you can get …. I hope/believe they will let the draft come to them and work FA like they did the waiver wire and UDFA's by turning over the stones to continue building a solid base for the team …

The FO and HC are building a team for the long haul and have decided to not microwave the process but to put solid foundational pieces together … IMO ...
I have said it a few times and here it is again ...

Build the team ... the QB will follow

This isn't an attempt to pi$$ on anyone's parade ... just an opinion ... I would be happy if we land the QB of the future and I don't care what his name is or what round we land him ... hell for all we know he may already be on the roster ... but I like what's going on and don't believe a reach for one guy is necessary ...

I don't think you can use the Pats situation as any form of argument against reaching for a QB. The Patriots lucked into Brady and took him late because they already had Bledsoe. No one knew he would turn out the way he did and end up being the greatest QB to have played the game. When you have that QB in place, you can easily draft later round QBs and see what happens.

You can look at successful moves ups for QBs as well...Mahomes, Watson...

I think most could easily argue the opposite that the team acquired picks so they could win and still have the ammo to move up for a QB.

What will happen, we don't know, but it is going to be fun to debate when they finally do make a decision.

I don’t know, this same subject already been discussed to death on this forum already. The Fins will not move up to grab Tua, if he falls to 5 they may take that chance. The only way FINS up is if Burrow is gonna pull an Eli and Cincy needs to trade outA8459190-951D-43F9-99EE-B5D5AFFD4198.jpeg

Covering a hole is not the same thing as filling it.
Why does losing out on let’s say 2 or 3 players stop us from building a team? We have all of free agency and a plethora of picks. If we give up let’s say a 1st, 2nd and 3rd. That’s stopping us from filling other holes?

Its like people think we aren’t going to sign any fee agents worth a damn and in the draft we will only come away with one player, a qb. I mean What?!

Back
Top Bottom