Simple Logic | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Simple Logic

Since 2015, they have 11, 12, 10, 12, 12 wins, and 4 straight division titles, with all 5 seasons resulting in a playoff berth. Mahomes put them over the top as an elite offense, but they were a very good team before he took over.

That predates Mahomes, and Ried has never been one to prioritize defense, so your statement would seem to be false.

Aside from that, even trying to argue that, as a team, the Phins as now constituted, are in any way comparable to KC over the last 5 years is ridiculous.

I'm not arguing your premise, that a great QB can make a huge difference, absolutely they do.

The specific example you are using, however, is laughable.

Not really.

Chiefs have had a shaky defense until this season. It's part of the reason they won the game. You can win a lot of games with a shaky defense. You can't win it all.

Not really.

Chiefs have had a shaky defense until this season. It's part of the reason they won the game. You can win a lot of games with a shaky defense. You can't win it all.
I don't know what to say.

First, you argue that rather than address the defense, they got Mahomes, and they were not a very good team before that acquisition.

Then, when I point out that, yes, they were a pretty good team before PM, You say it was the defense that put them over the top?

I can't debate moving goalposts my friend.

ipGz7v4APS1tawOPho3cCaNOAd9bgTemAkCjOD0oYc4.jpg

I don't know what to say.

First, you argue that rather than address the defense, they got Mahomes, and they were not a very good team before that acquisition.

Then, when I point out that, yes, they were a pretty good team before PM, You say it was the defense that put them over the top?

I can't debate moving goalposts my friend.

View attachment 39014

I'm not moving goalposts lol.

I was simply responding to the comment about the chiefs having a filled team before they made a move and that simply wasn't true as they had an inconsistent and shaky defense on top of a inconsistent shaky qb.

They made their move for the qb before they rounded out the defense.

I'm not moving goalposts lol.

I was simply responding to the comment about the chiefs having a filled team before they made a move and that simply wasn't true as they had an inconsistent and shaky defense on top of a inconsistent shaky qb.

They made their move for the qb before they rounded out the defense.
Filled? No, but how many teams are? They all have flaws.

My only contention was that there is no comparison between where KC was three years ago, and where Miami is now, so using KC an an example to make a point about the Dolphins, is not a valid arguement.

Do you disagree?

The way I see this is, the more picks you have the easier it is for a player to drop to you, or having the ability to maneuver around to target players, who are percieved fits. Grier and Flores hopefully make the right calls, as they move around the draft board?

If Flores and Grier were comfortable trying to win every game as a priority then it´s pretty obvious to me that they are careless about a top 3 first round selection. instead they stock piled picks which brings me to the logic that THEY DON´T WANT TO REACH FOR A QB , if the guy they want is there at 5 they´ll take him, it´s just plain obvious, if it´s not they will immediately try to move down and get another additional pick. my bet is that they will continue the tendency adding lots of quality players in specific positions. why would they reach for a specific player with so many holes to fill, stay put or trade down is more likely to be the plan. In fact if you look at Belichick he never reaches for a QB, they took Brady in the 5th round, Garappolo, Hoyer and Mallet were there and they picked them none in the first round. With Chan Gailey in charge of the offense I´m pretty sure he wants to explore Rosen before any risky crazy moves.

The decision is simply based on opportunity cost. If Grier thinks Rosen and six rookies (from rounds 1-3 of this draft) gives the team a better chance to win than Tua and only two or three rookies (from rounds 1-3 of this draft) then he stays put. If not, he trades up.

Seriously. Why would we give up two GOOD YOUNG players, then win 5 games just to trade those picks away??

Makes no sense. I expect Herbert or Love to be a Dolphin, and we will go with 3 QBs this season.

They did, but they still made the move up. That was your original "logic" that teams should stay where they are and not reached. KC did have all the pieces in place and even had a QB, but they still moved up for a QB...they reached. Houston did the same thing...they moved up. Houston also was a middle of the road team, and saw and opportunity to get a QB.

The idea of waiting for Miami to have all the pieces in place and then trying to get a QB involves a lot of luck that you are just bad enough to be in a position to move up and enough teams miss on an evaluation of a QB that he falls to a place where you can move up. Personally, your team makeup should not matter, if you are in striking distance of a QB you feel strongly about, then you make the move. What is the saying, you either have a QB or you are trying to get one...Miami is trying to get one because we have **** all at that spot right now and we are in striking distance.

If you want to stay pat and take Herbert or Love, I can understand that argument...keep your picks and grab a QB you feel good about, but to pass on a QB all together to get one extra position player when you already have 13 plus picks this year and most like 10 picks next year is an exercise in futility.

moving up from 5 will be costly, pretty sure it could involve our 1st, 2nd and a later rounder, it´s a very high priced risk for a team that needs prime young players in about every position, aside from that I would gladly take Okudah or Young (best in their positions and maybe better than burrow as players) at 5 and then take herbert, love, hurts, fromm or Eason with a late first or second round. Flores loves competition in camp I doubt they´ll reach for a guy that will inherit the reigns without putting him to serious test, beating Fitz is a serious test.

Back
Top Bottom