Since he came into the NFL, Tannehill has been hit and sacked more then anyone else | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Since he came into the NFL, Tannehill has been hit and sacked more then anyone else

LikeUntoGod

The Oracle
Reaction score
in the history of the NFL.

Just remember that. He started as a Rookie needing to carry the team. With very little help. Every year a new offense.

But not the offense that could save him. Or save his career. He could be Tim Couch or David Carr now. Or John Beck. It is amazing that he does not have serious brain damage.

I'd start to run the ball. We are not winning anyway. We need in a way, Dan Campbell back. I'd make a couple of simple goals, we run more often and for at least 100 yards per game. And we stop getting our QB hit so often. And one reason we are running the ball, to stop getting our QB hit so often. I'd trade every sack of Tannehill for a 2.4 yard gain running the ball.

Just see if not having Tannehill being gulped up in sacks helps his frame of mind. Just for a few games, stop his nightmares of incoming attackers. Have him take the ball from under center, allow him to hand the ball off and to run play-action passes and boot-leg runs/passes. Have you see the difference in Blame Gabbert? That is what 2 years of not getting hit ever play can do for you. Bring you back to life at least.

Remember during the combines every year how they talk about how bad it is that certain college QBs only take the ball from a spread option or shotgun snap? Thye go on and on about that. How a true NFL QB has to take the ball from under center. One of Tim Tebow's flaws...no experience taking the ball from under center. Every year this is a big part of the incoming QB conversation. Yet, our QB, with all his head coaches, and all his offensive coordinators has taken the football from under center maybe 4% of the time.

Why? Why do our coaches put him in either a passing or possible QB running formation 96% of the time? If we had one of the best pass blocking OLs then OK but...we have not had a decent OL since he got here. Think about it, all the crap that went down with our OL.

Those complaining about Ryan Tannehill are going to get their wish. Because no QB has ever been able to survive the amount of punishment he has taken. It is a matter of time. It is a matter of math. In a way like Cam Newton. He gets hits running the ball and while passing that no other QBs do. And he has survived it so far with a few hiccups. We are going to lose Tannehill on a sack or a scramble gone bad one day because our coaches have done little to protect him.

Maybe this is Gase's offense. If so, I'd rather have Kubiak's or Josh McDaneils's. I get Gase wanting to run his offense right off the bat (which I swear looks like the one we had last year) but is there someone who will simply tell him that the Dolphins are going to lose the best player we have had playing QB in a while? We are destroying Ryan Tannehill and I'm not sure why.

And that is the thing bway about Matt Moore. Ever see Matt Moore try to run a spread option offense?

He gets hit so much because he absolutely sucks in the pocket and it is getting even worse.

Ryan Tannehill would help himself if he MOVED in the pocket. Not every sack is on him, not at all, the inside pressure is unavoidable, it's the edges that hurt him. He can't feel anything.

That what happen to
sitting-duck.jpg

Tanny isn't completely innocent in being hit more than any other QB. He has no pocket presence. He doesn't know when to scramble. He doesn't fake-throw to slow down defensive linemen. It's not ALL his fault, but a lot of it is.

He could be better, in multiple facets, but today and last week there was little to no chance for most qbs. He needs to do things better, and this is some of the worst we've seen him play. The OL this week was a damn disgrace. Ajayi was lucky he is so tough because he was hit in the backfield all day

He gets hit so much because he absolutely sucks in the pocket and it is getting even worse.

Pocket? Hell there wasn't even a pocket to be seen today. Unless you're talking about the kind with a huge gapping hole in it allowing anything and everything to pass straight through...

Ryan Tannehill would help himself if he MOVED in the pocket. Not every sack is on him, not at all, the inside pressure is unavoidable, it's the edges that hurt him. He can't feel anything.

I agree with this 100%. He does nothing to evade the rush. Never! I don't get it.

If I'm him I'm seriously considering taking my millions, making more babies with Lauren and starting my surgical career

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The line sucks but so does his pocket awareness.

Add in an ineffective run game and a porous defense, he drops back more times than not.

It's not all on THill but he isn't a great QB. I think if he could be more of a bus driver he would be fine.

He has no pocket awareness, for an athletic QB he barely runs, doesn't move well in the pocket combine that with a terrible o-line and you have a perfect storm of chaos.

We're just 1 first round offensive lineman away from securing the line. Just 1 more guys, we're almost there.

Maybe 2 if we have to replace James. And a 3rd if we let Albert go.

Just 4 more first round picks away from the line being set guys, hang in there.

Back
Top Bottom