Since he came into the NFL, Tannehill has been hit and sacked more then anyone else | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Since he came into the NFL, Tannehill has been hit and sacked more then anyone else

i actually saw him try to climb the pocket this afternoon, but that was met with swarm of interior defenders, while i have pretty much given up on tannehill at this point i dont think there is hope anywhere on this team going forward outside of parker and landry. the hits have taken there toll you can see the guy in the pocket, yes he lacks some feel and "presence" but hes mental clock is all ****ed up at this point.

This just in.....when rushers get through the line the QB is allowed to move away from them. I said Mariota was pressured today. I didn't say he was eating turf or put on the ground a bunch. I'm saying that our pass rush beat their linemen a number of times, which they clearly did, and that Mariota moved away from them every time.

The Titans have one of the best O-lines in the league. Mariota was barely pressured at all.

When slow immobile ass qbs like brady and Peyton actually avoid pressure by just simply moving to the side or stepping up and Tannehill who's supposed to be athletic can't do that....then we have a huge problem.

One sack was on Tannehill, but on some of the others he did take that one step........and there was nowhere to go and he was wrapped right up. He is good for one or two bad pocket plays a game. He got hit about 12 times yesterday. If he had a good o-line his lack of pocket presence wouldn't be near the deficiency it is in the grand scheme of winning. But putting the two together (qb with bad pocket awareness/historically bad o-lines) is a recipe for disaster. AKA-Miami Dolphin's Football (TM)

i have a sneaking suspicion ryan tannehill would take more hits than your average qb regardless of the team he was playing on

you think he would move more just based on the fact that the oline blows.
Instead of scanning the field his 1st thought should be run for your damn life.

By the end of last season, Marcus Mariota was a broken up mess.

The Titans made a change in their offense and team to protect him.

We made zero changes to help our battered QB.

So which one looked better yesterday?

Draft any QB you want or pick anyone playing now in the NFL. That QB would not win here in Miami.

If your strategy for improving the Dolphins is "Change the QB"......You have little idea of how things work.

By the end of last season, Marcus Mariota was a broken up mess.

The Titans made a change in their offense and team to protect him.

We made zero changes to help our battered QB.

So which one looked better yesterday?

Draft any QB you want or pick anyone playing now in the NFL. That QB would not win here in Miami.

If your strategy for improving the Dolphins is "Change the QB"......You have little idea of how things work.

i don't think anyone is beating the drum that we're "a qb away" from being a great team. in fact, most people I see are ranting about how the entire team sucks, from FO to roster.

that doesn't mean that the qb isn't letting us down this year. because in my opinion, he is.

Ryan T's pocket awareness EFFIN KILLS ME!!! Every Sunday he just seems to stare down his WR's and doesnt evade the rush. Tom Brady being a pocket passer even evades the Rush(Im talking pocket awareness okay...) Ryan T is gone after this season...I hope.

Thill def got Carr'd.

he didn't have bad pocket pressence or awareness coming into the league, but 4 years of philbin's line mastery did him in.

A part of me does not understand the knee-jerk reactions that some fans have towards the QB(a part of me, sadly does).

It is amazing that he has not MISSED A GAME let alone that he is still able to play. I really do not like to call another Dolphin fan stupid, but if you think any of our team's problems falls on our QB, you are stupid. Or simple.

Another thing I never want to do is "well, if you ever played the game"... I've seen people PLAYING MADDEN whose QB was being sacked and THEY started getting rid of the ball too soon or holding it. Byway, do you know why you take a sack instead of just throwing the ball up for grabs? It's called "pick 6".

No one here has ever been hit as many times by such huge men as Tannehill has. And yet, they watch a play on slow motion and say "I could of escaped that sack". NO, NO, YOU WOULD NOT HAVE. Instead, they would be calling in your loved ones to ID your body.

SAVE this QB, give him a chance. Lets try to give him a season without him getting hit 80 times and sacked 50.

If we ever draft another QB before a stud RB, I'll be so mad....

If you're gonna take a sack atleast let the defender work for it. Most of thills sacks are in the pocket with him looking forward hands on the ball. Doesnt even look like if he had 1 or 2 more seconds he would throw it. Turner and james got abused last night but in general thill holds on for too long and is a mannequin back there. These rookie qbs this season that look great. Tannehill still hasnt figured things out yet

I'm crying for RTs corpse. Really dramatic

Most people have a fight or flight response.

Tannehill turns into a possum and plays dead when he sees danger.

Everyone always talks about how tough he is. That's like saying a deer is tough for standing in front of an incoming car. He's just stupid and confused.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom