Since he came into the NFL, Tannehill has been hit and sacked more then anyone else | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Since he came into the NFL, Tannehill has been hit and sacked more then anyone else

Most people have a fight or flight response.

Tannehill turns into a possum and plays dead when he sees danger.

Everyone always talks about how tough he is. That's like saying a deer is tough for standing in front of an incoming car. He's just stupid and confused.

Everyone always talks about how tough he is. That's like saying a deer is tough for standing in front of an incoming car. He's just stupid and confused.

****ty analogy...more suited to a running back not knowing how to find the hole...

If you can honestly sit and say Tannehill isn't tough you're lying to yourself. If there was any one thing out of everything anyone could label him with it's toughness.

Are you so ignorant you honestly believe any other quarterback to be had would have survived this long? Honestly?

Ignorance is bliss but come on...

Looks like a few folks are seeing my Dan Campbell analogy i have been saying since the end of last year. We had the answer FINALLY in our hands and ross and t-bum couldnt see it. All they saw was a perfect scapegoat. Dansteam played for the him. Thats one of the biggest things an h/c needs is player respect. I believe if campbell was retained, miller would have stayed. And dont be fooled, miller left this sunken ship, it wasnt because they "let him go".

The draft order wouldnt have changed if campbell would have remained. He absolutely would have taken tunsil only he wouldnt have been so STUPID to put him at guard. He would have put albert (a big time former guard) at guard and tunsil at lt. Found a couple guards and a rt between f/a and the draft. Absolutely would have brought in hard nosed lb's and tried to find a cb who can play.

The offense would have featured miller and ajayi and left tanny as a bus driver instead of a tom brady, gunslinger points machine which he will never, ever be!! End of story. I havnt seen a game this year but as i see in these threads, EVERYTHING i thought would happen is happening. We would have been a much, much better team with campbell and his own staff.

NOTE TO ROSS: Its not too late. Dan wants to be a hc and if you told him hey, i made a big mistake, come back, hire your own staff. Make this team in your image, he would do it and this team would have a real future. A hard nose, run first team is easier to build than trying to build a line in front of a qb who cant get out of his own way and wont throw to a guy if theres a defender within 5 yards of his target. Tanny is responsable for a good 70% of his misery so building a line that NEVER allows ANY pressure is an impossible task.

But, back to reality. Ross wont admit his buddy the milk shake man is no football vp and worse than advertised. They wont admit paying huge money to a mediocre qb was a huge mistake. They wont admit the Amazing Gase they fell for mannings hype on is anything but amazing. He is a young, first time h/c who only claim to fame was working with an all universe qb legend and the best defense in the legue. There is NOTHING special about Adam Gase. NOTHING!!

The whole cast of characters is coming back. Including tanny. All the excuses are firmly in place to hide ross and t-scums blunders for another year. And then it will all happen again. Then another year, same thing. The ONLY thing that will move ross off the t-bum rock is empty seats in the stadium. But, people have shown they wont even do it for their own country so i dont see that happening. Just lots of whining on the net but not enough guts to boycott for the future of the team. Leave ross's new guzillion dollar stadium empty and watch how fast ross has the fans ear.

Yes, those two are exactly the same thing. (THE PREVIOUS SENTENCE IS SARCASM.)

That's like saying a person standing in front of a firing squad is completely at fault because they can't dodge bullets.

Tannehill's pocket presence isn't great. Some of the sacks that he takes ARE his fault.

But I have watched more than a dozen instances this year when a D-Lineman (not a blitzer) basically had a FREE RUN at Tannehill. I swear, if I see JuWuan James block NOBODY and back up like he's expecting the Invisible Man to appear out of nowhere so he can block him, I'll lose my mind.

Don't like everyone who "always make excuses for Tannehill and think nothing is his fault?"

Congratulations on being the opposite and equally ridiculous extreme.

He's a tough dude. Deserves credit for the hits he's taken. He's played behind some **** olines but he's terrible in the pocket. The worst pocket presence this side of Rob Johnson.

Looks like a few folks are seeing my Dan Campbell analogy i have been saying since the end of last year. We had the answer FINALLY in our hands and ross and t-bum couldnt see it. All they saw was a perfect scapegoat. Dansteam played for the him. Thats one of the biggest things an h/c needs is player respect. I believe if campbell was retained, miller would have stayed. And dont be fooled, miller left this sunken ship, it wasnt because they "let him go".

The draft order wouldnt have changed if campbell would have remained. He absolutely would have taken tunsil only he wouldnt have been so STUPID to put him at guard. He would have put albert (a big time former guard) at guard and tunsil at lt. Found a couple guards and a rt between f/a and the draft. Absolutely would have brought in hard nosed lb's and tried to find a cb who can play.

The offense would have featured miller and ajayi and left tanny as a bus driver instead of a tom brady, gunslinger points machine which he will never, ever be!! End of story. I havnt seen a game this year but as i see in these threads, EVERYTHING i thought would happen is happening. We would have been a much, much better team with campbell and his own staff.

NOTE TO ROSS: Its not too late. Dan wants to be a hc and if you told him hey, i made a big mistake, come back, hire your own staff. Make this team in your image, he would do it and this team would have a real future. A hard nose, run first team is easier to build than trying to build a line in front of a qb who cant get out of his own way and wont throw to a guy if theres a defender within 5 yards of his target. Tanny is responsable for a good 70% of his misery so building a line that NEVER allows ANY pressure is an impossible task.

But, back to reality. Ross wont admit his buddy the milk shake man is no football vp and worse than advertised. They wont admit paying huge money to a mediocre qb was a huge mistake. They wont admit the Amazing Gase they fell for mannings hype on is anything but amazing. He is a young, first time h/c who only claim to fame was working with an all universe qb legend and the best defense in the legue. There is NOTHING special about Adam Gase. NOTHING!!

The whole cast of characters is coming back. Including tanny. All the excuses are firmly in place to hide ross and t-scums blunders for another year. And then it will all happen again. Then another year, same thing. The ONLY thing that will move ross off the t-bum rock is empty seats in the stadium. But, people have shown they wont even do it for their own country so i dont see that happening. Just lots of whining on the net but not enough guts to boycott for the future of the team. Leave ross's new guzillion dollar stadium empty and watch how fast ross has the fans ear.

Campbell and Miller are not the answer to our problems !

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

He's a tough dude. Deserves credit for the hits he's taken. He's played behind some **** olines but he's terrible in the pocket. The worst pocket presence this side of Rob Johnson.

That's the one thing I will say for Tanny, he takes hits, doesn't whine like a certain NE QB, when anyone breathes on him. He's also pretty bulletproof considering the hits he's taken. Just wish he had a football brain.

Yes, those two are exactly the same thing. (THE PREVIOUS SENTENCE IS SARCASM.)

That's like saying a person standing in front of a firing squad is completely at fault because they can't dodge bullets.

Tannehill's pocket presence isn't great. Some of the sacks that he takes ARE his fault.

But I have watched more than a dozen instances this year when a D-Lineman (not a blitzer) basically had a FREE RUN at Tannehill. I swear, if I see JuWuan James block NOBODY and back up like he's expecting the Invisible Man to appear out of nowhere so he can block him, I'll lose my mind.

Don't like everyone who "always make excuses for Tannehill and think nothing is his fault?"

Congratulations on being the opposite and equally ridiculous extreme.

How many sacks did Mariota take today? None because even though he was pressured a fair amount, he eluded the rush every time. How many sacks did Tannehill elude today? It looked like a total of 0.

Mariota was pressured a fair amount today?

That run game bludgeoned us so bad he had time to make a sandwich off pa

Its bad when you cant even limit a one dimensional offense...

Tennesse came in with 6 sacks in 4 games they finished with 12 in 5...did miami even hit the qb in the pocket other than a personal foul low hit at the knees? Titans run game made it easy on the qb

Tennesse came in with 6 sacks in 4 games they finished with 12 in 5...did miami even hit the qb in the pocket other than a personal foul low hit at the knees? Titans run game made it easy on the qb

No, he wasn't touched all day.

When slow immobile ass qbs like brady and Peyton actually avoid pressure by just simply moving to the side or stepping up and Tannehill who's supposed to be athletic can't do that....then we have a huge problem.

No, he wasn't touched all day.

Its time to throw in the towel when you cant stop a one dimensional offense that doesnt have a legit top shelf talent at wr...at home no less

Throw in the damn towel

Its ugly now let some dline attrition kick in...

If we had....well.....a running game or a GM that believed in a running game and an HC that wanted one or an owner that knew what one was and a front office that worked the free agent market and planned in the draft to bring in players that would help the running game...well...we might have a running game.

And then Ryan Tannehill would have had a good night playing with the 2nd highest rushing team in the NFL.

But instead, those people were the Titans. They now have the 2nd best running team in the NFL because they planned on it. They tried for it.

P.S. But we got that CB and 4th WR we needed! Not to mention that nimble footed offense tackle we took in the 1st freaking round who is not playing! (that slipped out)

Its time to throw in the towel when you cant stop a one dimensional offense that doesnt have a legit top shelf talent at wr...at home no less

Throw in the damn towel

Its ugly now let some dline attrition kick in...

I really dont want to watch the game next week.... but will suffer through anyways

This just in.....when rushers get through the line the QB is allowed to move away from them. I said Mariota was pressured today. I didn't say he was eating turf or put on the ground a bunch. I'm saying that our pass rush beat their linemen a number of times, which they clearly did, and that Mariota moved away from them every time.

Back
Top Bottom