SI's 2003 NFL Preview - Dr. Z | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SI's 2003 NFL Preview - Dr. Z

Well one thing to remember about Dr. Z is that he seems to base all comparisons of all teams to the Giants of 1956 through 1963. You must also remember that twenty years ago during the 1983 draft, Dr. Z made the comment(during ESPN's coverage) that Dan Marino was a horrible draft pick at pick #27. He claimed that Marino would be a failure, and that the Dolphins staff was incapable of giving him proper coaching. When a writer totally misreads the greatest quarterback ever, and insults the coaching ability of arguably the best coach ever, the writer's opinions should be looked at as questionable at best.
Some of his picks in this case are not bad, and I happen to agree with his AFC West predictions. However I do believe that he has grossly overated both the Eagles and Giants, and probably the Rams also. He also does seem to favor the northeast area teams, but then again he is a Columbia(Ivy League school in New York) graduate, and New York based so he is pre-dispositioned to downgrade sun-belt teams.

Keep the thread going people....

Anymore opinions?

Go Fish!

Dr Z. is clueless....I would say he is out of touch, but then he was never "in touch", except with himself

What's up Budman.........looking forward to Dallas?

I can't wait buddy! I am counting the weeks.....

Can't wait to meet you and all the other Dallas Dolfans!

Giddy Up! :D

Budman

If Dr. ( ? ) Z could predict anything at all he would spend one year in Vegas and then retire.

I don't want the Fins to get too much pub or have too high
of expectations. It just puts too much unnecessary pressure
on the players. BS interview, cover stories, etc.
We don't need that. Just kick a** one week at a time.

Check back with Z's writing about week 12 and watch him get on
board the bandwagon.

What's this about Dr. Z touching himself?? SICK!!

Back
Top Bottom