Sit Tannehill for the Pre-season home opener. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sit Tannehill for the Pre-season home opener.

You have to play him in the 3rd preseason game at least a half. I'm not worried about him getting hurt. Didn't read the article but i bet that's the reason not to play him

You have to play him in the 3rd preseason game at least a half. I'm not worried about him getting hurt. Didn't read the article but i bet that's the reason not to play him

Agreed, Hyde wrote a similar article. Part of this is just reporters trying set up a senerio where they can say I told you so! Such disingenuous snakes reporters are sometimes.

agreed, he is more than ready anyway.

I agree. 4 preseason games is total BS.

I agree 4 preseason games are to many however being as it is the 3rd game is one where the starters should play the most. Plus you may not see any important starters play in the 4th preseason game.

I agree. 4 preseason games is total BS.

really it's 3 as starters don't really play in the 4th game. teams used to play more way back when and up until about 10 years or so ago teams would play starters in the 4th preseason game too.

I think they could reduce it to 2 games but will that really help anything? Now starters play roughly a series in the 1st game, a few series in game 2. Into the 2nd half in game 3 and not at all in game 4. if they reduced to 2 then starters would be playing more in those 2 games to get ready. Injuries happen, it sucks in preseason but you can't play scared.

Such a dumb idea

Sit your QB in the only game that teams actually game plan for :lol:

"Rest" Ryan Tannehill . . . I mean the guy has barely broken a sweat this preseason . . . . let him play a half and maybe the first drive of the 3rd quarter to get a quick rep of coming out of halftime and then he's done for the rest of the preseason.

It isn't just about Tannehill not needing any more work b/c of his preseason so far. He still needs time to gel with Stills, Jennings, and Cameron (Parker too but since he's not playing yet). If the Dolphins really feel their depth is so inadequate that they'd sit their QB in the most important preseason game so far, they need to acquire better talent.

Such a dumb idea

"Rest" Ryan Tannehill . . . I mean the guy has barely broken a sweat this preseason . . . . let him play a half and maybe the first drive of the 3rd quarter to get a quick rep of coming out of halftime and then he's done for the rest of the preseason.

IDK, Fox is terrifying at tackle but if (as I suspect he cant go) I don't want to find out what the next guy is like.

Rest Tannehill and our star starters. Ndamukong Suh, Cameron Wake, Juice etc... Washington and Jacksonville will be preseason for us, but if one of these guys goes down I'm breaking something

Rest Tannehill and our star starters. Ndamukong Suh, Cameron Wake, Juice etc... Washington and Jacksonville will be preseason for us, but if one of these guys goes down I'm breaking something

You can't live in fear of what might happen, just play it out and if someone gets injured then you deal with it then. You don't get better making decisions our of fearing for the worst.

Such a dumb idea

For all this talk and worry about being hurt....has he even been hit yet....besides the strip sack?

I just don't see the logic of risking the season behind a meaningless preseason game. I think we are ready and it would be a danb shame to lose any of these guys but you make a valid point as well

This is the most important game of the preseason where our starters actually have enough time to get into full game mode and a rhythm for all to see or not see . I don't see us as the powerhouse many in here think, to where they are ready to open the season. RT needs more reps and getting more acquainted with being in the pocket, our OL definitely needs to be at least figured out and given as much opportunities to gell as possible along with the newish batch of WR.
Ya I know injuries can happen but I think the work is definitely needed and this opportunity taken advantage of, theres just to much to learn by our players and staff to skip....I can see lightening up on the DL but the offense to me needs the work.

Agree with 4 preseason game being to much but Game 3 the most important and the others mostly to see what the hell you got from all the new guys..

Back
Top Bottom