Sit Tannehill for the Pre-season home opener. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sit Tannehill for the Pre-season home opener.

Might as well just rest him til the playoffs too. Can't risk him getting hurt. This is a horrible ideas he should play a half at least

really it's 3 as starters don't really play in the 4th game. teams used to play more way back when and up until about 10 years or so ago teams would play starters in the 4th preseason game too.

I think they could reduce it to 2 games but will that really help anything? Now starters play roughly a series in the 1st game, a few series in game 2. Into the 2nd half in game 3 and not at all in game 4. if they reduced to 2 then starters would be playing more in those 2 games to get ready. Injuries happen, it sucks in preseason but you can't play scared.

They need to hurry up and lose 2 of the preseason games and add 2 regular season games. Make them matter.

I know we all want to see him play more as soon as possible, but honestly I wouldn't care if they did sit him. They don't have to say "hey guys our o-line is trash we're sitting him 'cause we don't want him to die out there." Just say "we feel like Tannehill is clicking on all cylinders right now and don't feel he needs the extra reps in a meaningless game." I don't see the big deal. Probably the biggest issue would be if other teams felt offended that we were cheating our opponent out of a quality match up against our starters.

Injuries are a part of the game, get over it.

You sound like the same pathetic cry babies who tried to blame the field for Delmas injury, stop this nonsense already.

He acts like Tannehill has been playing with the same players for 4 years now. He has ENTIRELY new offensive weapons save Landry, Sims and Miller.

He has to play at least a half, if our LT is a bum and gets destroyed, then we can make a judgment call. But something tells me ATL doesn't really have much to be scared of coming off the edge. Dumb.

He acts like Tannehill has been playing with the same players for 4 years now. He has ENTIRELY new offensive weapons save Landry, Sims and Miller.

He has to play at least a half, if our LT is a bum and gets destroyed, then we can make a judgment call. But something tells me ATL doesn't really have much to be scared of coming off the edge. Dumb.

ABSOLUTELY agree.

We need a strong showing and a win in this game for the sake of the home fans and our image nationally. This team is FAR from a finished product that can just flip a switch when Wk. 1 is here and be playing at full strength. To think they can do that is just juvenile naivete'.

If we blow this dress rehearsal at home by sitting players who need work, we are CLUELESS. For some reason this year we have a whole collection of spineless fans who are scared to death of an injury to a starter who are shilling this noise of "Meaningless Preseason". Worse than ever before.

Nothing HAS to happen as far as playing time is concerned. The team can do whatever they want. The more players play, the higher the risk of injury is. It's not rocket science.

Sent from my SM-T537V using Tapatalk

When you think about it the starters only play about four of the 16 preseason quarters, or the equivalent of one full game. I think if you lowered the number of preseason games to two the starters would still play four quarters but now you only have four quarters to get you reserves experience and to try and evaluate younger players. With the reduced contact in practice rules you would really have very little film on players fighting to make the back end of a roster.

will Erika cause enough bad weather where they can cancel game on Sat?

will Erika cause enough bad weather where they can cancel game on Sat?

Nah, if Erika holds it together it won't be here until Sunday night/Monday Morning . . . . they could move the time of the game up, but I don't think they would cancel it. At least not with the current projections.

It's been so long since we've had a decent hurricane threaten South Florida, I think most people are expecting it to make a last second turn or become unraveled.

have you seen the 5:00 advisory?
you are right about the timing, however, squally weather could be a precursor

If they thought it was dangerous for Tannehill to play behind this OL, they would've signed Mathis... they obviously feel comfortable with what they have so Tannehill will play...

This thread says a lot about our Oline. There is nothing better than live game experience to grow as a player or to get ready for the season.
The fact that so many people are afraid to play the starters says lots. Can't wait until posters start saying "it's only week two" and such stuff.
Game one matters, so get ready in the preseason.

Back
Top Bottom