Sit Tannehill for the Pre-season home opener. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sit Tannehill for the Pre-season home opener.

he has to play...be more worried about lb, cb, fs, and oline

an injury there and we in deep doo doo

really it's 3 as starters don't really play in the 4th game. teams used to play more way back when and up until about 10 years or so ago teams would play starters in the 4th preseason game too.

I think they could reduce it to 2 games but will that really help anything? Now starters play roughly a series in the 1st game, a few series in game 2. Into the 2nd half in game 3 and not at all in game 4. if they reduced to 2 then starters would be playing more in those 2 games to get ready. Injuries happen, it sucks in preseason but you can't play scared.

I think 3 games are plenty. Keep the same format: starters play 1-2 series in game 1, play a quarter in game 2, and a half in game 3. What's the point in the 4th game? Fringe players making a name for themselves? They would've had 3 games to show their stuff already.

I think 3 games are plenty. Keep the same format: starters play 1-2 series in game 1, play a quarter in game 2, and a half in game 3. What's the point in the 4th game? Fringe players making a name for themselves? They would've had 3 games to show their stuff already.

those games mean everything for fringe players and sometimes fringe players turn into key players. it's hard enough for those types of players to impress w/ camp time being reduced.

NFL teams have 90-man training camp rosters, which is 10 more players than they had before the latest CBA. The 4 preseason games are the best chance for teams to get a good look at who should get the last five spots on their 53-man roster, as well who will make up the 10-man practice squad. Those guys need those 4 games to show what they can do, and the teams need them to be properly evaluated.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, Tannehill needs to play the 1st half, I don't know if I would want him out there in the 2nd, and the following week, give him one series then sit him.

Even still. You are afraid Fox will get him hurt. .. so i didn't even have to read the article i was right. Can't be scared

I doubt the 4 pre-season games are going any where. From what I understand the owners are allowed to keep 100% of revenue from the TWO home games they host during the pre-season. Injuries are a part of the game, decreasing the amount of games played on its face would seem to suggest less chances for a player to get injured. But it's not like our starters are playing 4 pre-season games in reality. They may play 6.5 total quarters the entire pre-season. All that would happen IMO is the starters would still play those 6.5 quarters in the suggested 2 pre-season games.

IMO it's just fodder for the media and the talking heads to complain about. They have to sell clicks after all.

those games mean everything for fringe players and sometimes fringe players turn into key players. it's hard enough for those types of players to impress w/ camp time being reduced.

When has a key player ever come from the 4th PS game?

I doubt the 4 pre-season games are going any where. From what I understand the owners are allowed to keep 100% of revenue from the TWO home games they host during the pre-season. Injuries are a part of the game, decreasing the amount of games played on its face would seem to suggest less chances for a player to get injured. But it's not like our starters are playing 4 pre-season games in reality. They may play 6.5 total quarters the entire pre-season. All that would happen IMO is the starters would still play those 6.5 quarters in the suggested 2 pre-season games.

IMO it's just fodder for the media and the talking heads to complain about. They have to sell clicks after all.

it has long been a scam for the owners. they don't have to start paying game checks until the reg season and they would charge reg season prices for preseason games BUT w/ attendance down across the league for many reasons many teams have started discounting preseason games and I will believe it when I see it as far as reducing preseason games.

He has to play. What are we going to do if we have a tackle injury during the season, play Matt Moore? If the FO did a bad job getting OL depth and is standing pat that's on them. If Ryan gets hurt they're likely all fired so I hope they play their cards right.

conventional wisdom says to play him. I don't see what he's going to learn in a half of a game of preseason that he doesnt' already know. and yes, we'd like to think that half of a game is going to be crucial to his development and chemistry with those new WRs, those things are done more in training camp than preseason. preseason is a like a pre test, at this point i'm not even sure I'd waste downs for SUH or wake, but those guys aren't dependant upon someone protecting them.

people complain about preseason games because of injuries yet most of the injuries are no contact ones in practices, or like jordy nelson, no one touched him. Decreasing preseason games isn't going to fix that.

And just imagine there was a time they played 6 pre-season games and 14 regular season. Talk about fked up.

Adding up one series in game one, one quarter in game two, three quarters in game three, and nothing in game four, starters play but one full game in all of preseason. Seems like a reasonable amount of time to me to get your feel back for the season. People blow this whole four game preseason thing out of perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom