Sit Tannehill for the Pre-season home opener. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sit Tannehill for the Pre-season home opener.

Starters typically do not play in the 4th preseason game anyways so the article is pretty redundant

Starters typically do not play in the 4th preseason game anyways so the article is pretty redundant

Yep....last preseason game is for those fringe players..Starters are already prepping for Washington after this Saturday.

really it's 3 as starters don't really play in the 4th game. teams used to play more way back when and up until about 10 years or so ago teams would play starters in the 4th preseason game too.

I think they could reduce it to 2 games but will that really help anything? Now starters play roughly a series in the 1st game, a few series in game 2. Into the 2nd half in game 3 and not at all in game 4. if they reduced to 2 then starters would be playing more in those 2 games to get ready. Injuries happen, it sucks in preseason but you can't play scared.

agreed, I don't think there's enough time in only 2 games to really evaluate all a team's depth in actual game competition. Just not enough snaps or chances.

Tannehill will be ready week 1. I'd be totally fine with them sitting him.

Play him. Line up Dion Simms or other TEs on the left and keep them in to block and help out the LT. Make a point of emphasis to the RBs to help pick up any blitzes and draw up quick hitter dink-and-dunk plays if the OL is getting mauled. Tanne's played great so far this preseason but I want to see him in more than one or two series in a game to make sure he can keep up the nice rhythm he's had so far and get a better evaluation of our 1st string offense. Taking Tanne out also impacts our starting WRs, TE and creates confusion in how we judge their performance as well.

If we come out and rip off 2 consecutive tds on the first two drives, then get him out

Back
Top Bottom