Sleepers | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sleepers

12. TE Anthony McCoy 6'5"255lbs.

Strengths
Solid hands. Athletic TE with good size. Will make an effort to block in the run game. Can beat the LB in the open field.
Weaknesses
Academics were not attended to and was ineligible for the Emerald Bowl. Has to have better ball security. Needs to stick his blocks a little better. A little light as a blocker for the next level.
http://cdsdraft.com/profile.php?id=4359
Skinny: McCoy has great size at 6-5, 255 pounds, and hauled in 22 passes for 256 yards and a touchdown last season. NFL scouts like his size and think he is a good athlete, he just needs to be more consistent in his route running. McCoy has the ability to become a bigger threat in the passing game this season and if he improves on his blocking, he possesses massive upside.
www.nfldraftbible.com/Players/List/2010.../Anthony-McCoy.html

Anthony McCoy can hardly be called a sleeper, he's rated pretty high.

I'll offer some of my own...

1. TE Jeff Cumberland
2. WR Taylor Price
3. LB Stevenson Sylvester
4. QB Billy Cundiff
5. WR David Reed
6. OT Cole Pemberton
7. DE Jeffrey Fitzgerald
8. DT Jaron Baston
9. CB John Destin
10. FS Robert Johnson

Anthony McCoy can hardly be called a sleeper, he's rated pretty high.

I'll offer some of my own...

1. TE Jeff Cumberland
2. WR Taylor Price
3. LB Stevenson Sylvester
4. QB Billy Cundiff
5. WR David Reed
6. OT Cole Pemberton
7. DE Jeffrey Fitzgerald
8. DT Jaron Baston
9. CB John Destin
10. FS Robert Johnson
Thanx for the info. Feel free to add to the thread anytime.:up:
By the way, Did Robert Johnson sell his soul to the devil to get into the draft?:lol: Sorry, my attempt at humor.

13. MLB Lee Campbell 6'3"246lbs.
As a true freshman at Minnesota in 2006, Lee appeared in 10 games a a reserve DE and recorded 11 tackles. In 2007, he became a starter at DE and was one of just three Gophers to start all 12 games. He led all Minnesota defensive linemen in total tackles with 40, a figure that ranked eighth on the team, and he finished fourth on the squad in tackles for losses with eight, including one sack. As a junior in 2008, Lee moved to middle linebacker and started 12 of 13 games and finished the regular season as the team’s leading tackler with 80 total tackles on the year. He also recorded four sacks, 5.5 tackles for losses, two interceptions, three fumble recoveries, a forced fumble and a pass breakup. He made his senior season his best this year, tallying 67 solo tackles, 47 assists, 9.5 TFLs, .5 sacks, 1 interception, 5 PBUs, 1 QBH, 1 FR, 2 BKs.
Strengths
Downhill thumper at MLB who has been more productive each year. Pro size and speed. Solid at the POA and tackles well. Plays fast. Penetrates gaps and makes plays in the backfield. Has experience at DE and can step up and play a 2-pt. DE in some sets. Recoils from initial contact with blockers and reloads rather than staying wired. Aware in coverage.
Weaknesses
A little bit straight-linish. Not real smooth dropping and doesn't have great COD and lateral agility. Not an elite run stuffer, or blitzer, or coverage guy. Looks like a converted defensive lineman at times. If used as a DE, he doesn't always finish that well when rushing the QB.
Projection
A poor man's Mike Vrable who can do a lot of things pretty well. Looks like a 3rd rounder based on his body of work with the Gophers, but agilityworkouts in the post-season could move him a full round in either direction.
http://cdsdraft.com/profile.php?id=4719

14. OLB Larry Hart 6'0"248lbs.
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]2009 SOUTHLAND CONFERENCE CO-DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Larry Hart, Central Arkansas, a senior from Madison, Miss. was the first player to repeat as Defensive Player of the Year since 1992-93 and the sixth all-time. He was named along with Stephen F. Austin defensive end Tim Knicky. Hart was tied for second in the league in sacks (11) and was ninth in tackles for loss (10). He also led the league in forced fumbles (4) and had a fumble recovery, an interception and two blocked kicks. “I am very pleased for Larry Hart,’ said UCA head coach Clint Conque. “He once again put together a fantastic season, all the while drawing double teams and chip blocks. Every opponent we played this season had some type of plan for Larry. “For two consecutive years, he has proven to be the most dominate defender in the Southland Conference. This is a very well-deserved honor for this young man.’ Hart was a first-team All-Southland selection.[/FONT]
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=88555&draftyear=2010&genpos=OLB

15. WR Ricardo Lockette 6'3"200lbs.
Overview Ricardo Lockette was recruited by a few SEC schools out of HS and nearly signed with Auburn. He was a 400m champ ran a 48.26 400m in 05. More recently ran a 6.80 60m and a 21.74 200M in the past indoor season. He's just over 6'3" 200 more or less a couple, has big soft hands. I think he's a true sleeper. Nobody else seems to be talking about him. He could be a faster Jake Reed when he fills out. Against accounted for 191 all-purpose yards and scored two touchdowns He returned a kickoff for a score and caught six passes for 83 yards and another touchdown and at this level he looks like Jeremy Maclin.
Strengths
Size, speed and body control that are D-1 level.
Weaknesses
His main weakness is weakness if he were at Auburn he'd be 210-220 and much stronger.
Projection
When word gets out, and so far it has not, he'll be one of DII most
discussed preospects. I project him as a 5th rounder but if he gets to the Senior Bowl or Combine 3rd or even 2nd is not out of the question.
http://cdsdraft.com/profile.php?id=3043
What got my attention about this guy is what I read on a Steeler's forum:
Lockette has ideal size (6’2 ½, 205) and has blazing speed (4.36) which was also shown this off-season when he won the NCAA Division II 200M Championship. Lockette finished with 19 catches for 2177 yards :jawdrop:while posting a 27.8 avg. on kickoff returns.
http://www.steelersfever.com/forums/showthread.php?p=688567
I know it has got to be a typo, but if it is not, that has got to be the greatest per yardage average in the history of the NCAA.

16. WR Kelton Tindal 6'3"198lbs.
Is he another Ted"I Wilt Under Pressure"Ginn? I don't know, but I would rather give him a shot than have to sit and watch Teddy for another season:
Tindal blazed a 4.22 40 time in the spring and has high expectations entering the season as a possible late round pick and SAC Offensive Player of the Year candidate. Through nine games he has just 32 catches for 423 yards and four touchdowns and is fourth on the team in catches. His numbers to date likely will keep him out of the NFL Scouting Combine and have made him a player that must wow scouts in the postseason or else he is risking becoming a camp body only.
http://www.jbscouting.com/index.php/blog/277-risers-fallers

17. CB Jarvis Richards 5’10"193lbs.
- Richards is forgotten by most because he went down early in 2008 with a torn ACL but is back for the 2009 season. His size (5’10, 193) and speed (4.45-4.49), shown when he was a regional qualifier in the 100-meter dash in high school, will create a buzz if he has a productive year. Before his injury he posted 22 tackles, 0.5 tackle for loss, a pick, and two breakups in four games.
http://draftguys.com/index.php/articles/1/2010_nfl_draft_small_school_prospect_early_outlook/
POSITIVES: Nice-sized cornerback with good ball skills. Fluid turning his hips to run with opponents, works well with safeties, and effectively reads the action. Can run downfield with opponents, displays a burst to the action, as well as a sense of timing. Stays with his responsibilities, shows ability in zone, and has quarterbacks throwing away from him. Works to get off blocks to make plays up the field against the run, wraps up tackling, and is a sure handed tackler.
NEGATIVES: Plays back on his heels against top competition. Shows hesitation reacting to opponents' moves off the line.
ANALYSIS: Richards was an up-and-coming cornerback prospect moving into his senior season before his year was cut short by knee injury. He must now complete his rehabilitation and get back to prior form before any team will take a chance on him.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2009/draft/players/40843.html

Lockette finished with 19 catches for 2177 yards

Yeah because I know he didnt average 114 yards a catch lol

His real statline: Lockette caught 19 passes for 277 yards for 3 TD's.

eight kickoffs for 222 yards and one touchdown in 2008.

BUT reading this makes me wary of him

Fort Valley State wide receiver Ricardo Lockette (6020, 205) tested positive for high levels of testosterone for something he purchased at GNC at the NCAA Track and Field Meet

Lockette finished with 19 catches for 2177 yards

Yeah because I know he didnt average 114 yards a catch lol

His real statline: Lockette caught 19 passes for 277 yards for 3 TD's.

eight kickoffs for 222 yards and one touchdown in 2008.

BUT reading this makes me wary of him

Fort Valley State wide receiver Ricardo Lockette (6020, 205) tested positive for high levels of testosterone for something he purchased at GNC at the NCAA Track and Field Meet
I knew it was a typo.:lol: I think what these guys are doing now is taking GH instead of steroids because you can't detect it, but it also raises your testosterone levels. I am no doctor, just an opinion.

18. TE Michael Palmer 6'5"250lbs.
TE-Michael Palmer, Clemson (39), has been selected First Team All-Atlantic Coast Conference for the 2009 college football season as voted on by the 40 members of the Atlantic Coast Sports Media Association. Palmer has 38 receptions for 439 yards and four scores this year. The yardage total is the most ever by a Clemson tight end and the reception total is the second best in school history and just two from the record of 40 set by John McMakin in 1970. Palmer had eight catches for 106 yards against South Carolina last week, the second 100-yard reception game for a Clemson eight end in history. Palmer is the first Clemson tight end to make first-team All-ACC since 1986 when Jim Riggs was chosen.
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=78179&draftyear=2010&genpos=TE

thanks for the input and your time.i cant believe we are talking about the draft already lol.its a good read.thanks again.

19. TE Jimmy Graham 6'8"260lbs.
http://hurricanesports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/graham_jimmy00.htmlStrengths:
Fantastic athlete --- Outstanding size with a large, rangy frame --- A terrific leaper --- Fast, quick and agile --- Soft hands --- Great ball skills and body control --- Able to do some damage after the catch --- Very aggressive --- Excellent effort as a blocker --- Still has a ton of upside.
Weaknesses:
Extremely raw --- Inconsistent and dropped some balls --- Needs to get stronger --- Long ways to go when it comes to technique --- Unrefined as a route runner --- Isn't a dominating blocker --- Average production.
Notes:
Just one season of college football experience --- Was a member of the Hurricanes basketball team from 2005 - 2008, averaging 4.2 points, 4.2 rebounds and 0.9 blocks --- Turned down an opportunity to play professionally overseas after his hardwood eligibility was exhausted to give football a try --- Ranked second on the team in touchdown catches in 2009 despite not playing the game since his freshman year of high school --- Has all of the physical tools you look for --- Rare talent who will be drafted based almost solely on potential but has the ability to be a superb all-around tight end at the next level --- Probably won't be "The Next Antonio Gates" but may be the closest thing we've seen yet.
http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingReports/TE/Jimmy-Graham.php

20. FS Steven Jackson 6'2"192 lbs.
It took safety Steven Jackson a couple of years to work his way into a consistent role at Ohio. During his freshman campaign, he made two starts and performed well during that time, but made his biggest impact on special teams. His sophomore season was pretty much the same and he only recorded 25 tackles. It was in 2008 when Jackson began turning some heads. He started all 11 games he played in and totaled 71 tackles, two interceptions, two forced fumbles and four pass break-ups. For his efforts he was named to the third-team All-MAC squad. That led to higher expectations heading into 2009, and initially Jackson lived up to those expectations by tallying 24 tackles, 1.5 tackles-for-loss and one interception in his first four games of the season. However, he then suffered a hip injury that sidelined him for the remainder of his senior season.
The injury to Jackson has kept him off the NFL radar and at this point he is nothing more than a late round pick. He will have to prove to scouts that he is healthy, but he still only had one productive season in college and it will be difficult for him to move high up anybody's draft board.
http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?Prospect_ID=2367

1. DT Boo Robinson 6'2"325lbs.
2. OLB Brandon Lang 6'3"252lbs.
3. OLB Jermaine Cunningham 6'3"252lbs.
4. WR Naaman Roosevelt 6'0"187lbs.
5. QB Levi Brown 6'3"220lbs.
6. ILB Boris Lee 6'0"245lbs.
7. S Barry Church 6'2"219lbs.
8. FS Van Eskridge 6'0"195lbs.
9. C John Estes 6'3" 300lbs.
10. WR Seyi Ajirotutu 6'3"210lbs.
11. WR Terrell Hudgins 6'2"236lbs.