Slimm's 2015 Defensive Tackles | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2015 Defensive Tackles

David Parry was totally unblockable against Washington St.

Virginia Tech's defense has no teeth and can't hold up at the POA without Luther Maddy....we saw that last night.

How big are you on Michael Bennett? I just see him as a 3rd round guy. Good rotational guy, and gives you interior pass rush in subpackages.

Pretty much exactly what you just said here except I think he belongs in round 2. Rotational guys on the defensive line that can rush the passer from inside are pretty important to have in the NFL. He's facing a lot of double teams this year and his production is down. If you watch the Navy game you'll see him getting double teamed against that option every snap.

All these players have different skillsets. I can have two players like Michael Bennett and Carl Davis graded very closely, but they're two completely different players. It depends on exactly what you're looking for defensively. Davis is stout at the POA and soaks up double teams. Bennett is a lighter, faster player that likes to penetrate and get after the passer.

Pretty much exactly what you just said here except I think he belongs in round 2. Rotational guys on the defensive line that can rush the passer from inside are pretty important to have in the NFL. He's facing a lot of double teams this year and his production is down. If you watch the Navy game you'll see him getting double teamed against that option every snap.

All these players have different skillsets. I can have two players like Michael Bennett and Carl Davis graded very closely, but they're two completely different players. It depends on exactly what you're looking for defensively. Davis is stout at the POA and soaks up double teams. Bennett is a lighter, faster player that likes to penetrate and get after the passer.

Ok good. Because I have seen some in the media have him Top 20 which I thought was absurd. I was wondering if there was something I was missing. I'm done using the media (I usually use CBS Sports because they have tons of players on there rankings) and I'm just going to piggyback off of your lists for my watch lists.

Yeah there's been a lot of kids that have been injured that may or may not be eligible or receive a medical RS. I'm just not going to post it everytime one does. They don't know if they'll get one or not at this point.

Good call including Rakeem Nunez-Roches in the underclassmen list. He's got some serious potential.

Hell yeah he's a beast. Go watch him against Alabama.

That's why I'm sayin. He played with them all day and Bama gave him a lot of respect. He was tough to dig out on those combo blocks and he kept jumping the front shoulder of Bama's linemen all day on runs.

But maybe the most impressive thing about that game was a play Amari Cooper took the ball out to the left and then reversed field, ran all the way right, you just watch Nunez-Roches the big 310 pounder on that play hustling every which way on the field, never giving up on it. If Cooper had found a lane on the outside, I think Nunez-Roches would have closed him off about 15 yards up the field. Give me a 305-310 pounder with stamina that hustles.

He'll be interesting to watch as we go on, probably stays in school.

Actually you know I'm high on Chris Jasperse but even I expected him to have trouble with Nunez-Roches this weekend. I was pretty surprised how well Jasperse controlled him.

Christian Ringo is a difficult projection because he plays defensive tackle for ULL at around 6'1", 280 pounds... but my goodness is this kid disruptive. Little bit of a poor man's Aaron Donald. He has built-in leverage with tremendous quickness and explosiveness. Experienced 4-year starter in the Sun-Belt that has always produced. Interesting player if you like underdogs.

There are moments Adam Gotsis keeps giving me flashbacks to J.J. Watt back at Wisconsin. Not a strong stats guy because of the position he plays, but that Aussie is strong and explosive.

So Bennett would likely be a better fit in Miami's current scheme, but Davis sounds more like the type of player the Dolphins need? Would you say that's accurate?

ULL has a very interesting DL situation in that I can sit down and watch the film trying to focus on Christian Ringo and my eyes will keep getting drawn to Justin Hamilton, then I can sit and try and watch Justin Hamilton and my eyes get drawn to Christian Ringo.

I can see why Hamilton should be rated higher. Bigger guy, very impressive movement skills for that size. But I can't dismiss Ringo as just another Darrington Sentimore or the like. He packs too much sh-t in his hands for that to be the case. He's just too powerful, too good at shedding blocks. I just wish he didn't end up on the carpet so often, kind of like Brian Price that way.

I'd say Ringo compares a little more with Marvin Austin, Darrington Sentimore or Glenn Dorsey as opposed to Aaron Donald. It will be interesting to see him move up in class. He's got a heck of a temperament.

Hey Slimm, thank you for posting your thorough evaluations. Big MIA fan here, seems like some of their biggest needs relate to the the middle of their defense. Seems like a weak draft at DT and MLB- your thoughts? Better to address in later rounds or FA?

Slimm, could I get your thoughts on Marcus Hardison?

Curious whether he's not on any of these lists because he just kind of slipped through the cracks, or if there's something I don't know.

He was a 4-star JUCO transfer prospect out of Dodge City and his HUDL tape fits that billing. He went to Arizona State and couldn't get playing time behind the likes of Carl Bradford, Will Sutton and Davon Coleman, all of them NFL players. Plus there was Gannon Conway who was a senior.

But he played this year and he's got 15.0 TFLs, 10.0 Sacks and even 2 INTs.

And looking at his tape...yikes. This is a 6'4" and 300 lbs guy who can play end and runs a 4.7 forty. Explosive as hell. It's like watching Jason Pierre-Paul all over again. I'm sure he's not the sharpest tool in the shed. He went to my high school alma mater, after all. But this is some ridiculous physical potential...at a position that seems particularly leveraged toward physical potential. And it's not like he didn't produce. His production in 2014 stacks up with anyone's. Especially as he played a closed end type of position.

Back
Top Bottom