4. Clayton Geathers / UCF / 6'2", 207

5. Sam Carter / TCU / 6'1", 215

6. Kyshoen Jarrett / Virginia Tech / 5'11", 200

7. Daniel Fitzpatrick / Tennessee St. / 6'2", 215

TSU-Football23-480x270.jpg

8. Kurtis Drummond / Michigan St. / 6'1", 200

9. Tra'Mayne Bondurant / Arizona / 5'10", 200

10. Robinson Therezie / Auburn / 5'9", 215
(One of the best, but largely unknown defenders in the country. A personal favorite of mine as a football player. Good kid. Outstanding play making ability and elite football instincts.)

11. Caleb Schaffitzel / Missouri St. / 6'0", 217

12t. Jermaine Whitehead / Auburn / 5'11", 193

12t. Ibraheim Campbell / Northwestern / 5'11", 205

13. Ryland Ward / Bowling Green / 5'10", 206

14. Isaiah Johnson / Georgia Tech / 6'2", 210

15. Jordan Richards / Stanford / 5'11", 208

16. Brandon Alexander / UCF / 6'2", 195

17. Eric Rowe / Utah / 6'1" 205

18. Sterling Young / Arkansas St. / 6'2", 195

19. Cedric Thompson / Minnesota / 5'10", 211

20. Jacorius Cotton / Southern Miss / 5'11", 195

21. Dechane Durante / Northern Illinois / 6'2", 196

22. Justin Currie / Western Michigan / 6'2", 204

23. Triston Wade / UTSA / 5'11", 180

24. Justin Holley / FIU / 6'3", 200

25t. Landon Feichter / Purdue / 6'0", 195

25t. Brian Suite / Utah St. / 6'3", 205

26. Adrian Amos / Penn St. / 6'0", 215

27. Sam Scofield / Tulane / 6'1", 190

28. Jeremy Ioane / Boise St. / 5'10", 195

29. Ryan Murphy / Oregon St. / 6'3", 211

30. Tony Bell / UT-Martin / 6'0", 208

31. Braylon Webb / Missouri / 6'0", 205

32. Christian Spears / Air Force / 5'9", 195

33. Brian Blechen / Utah / 6'2", 225

34. Erick Dargan / Oregon / 5'11", 212

35. Jordan Haden / Toledo / 5'11", 200
(Younger brother of former Gator cornerback and current Cleveland Brown Joe Haden.)

36. Tyrequek Zimmerman / Oregon St. / 6'0", 210

37. Jaquiski Tartt / Samford / 6'1", 218

Underclassman:

1. Landon Collins / Alabama / 6'0", 219

14724532-mmmain.jpg

2. Karl Joseph / West Virginia / 5'10", 200

3. Chris Hackett / TCU / 6'2", 195

4. Jeremy Cash / Duke / 6'2", 210

5. Kevin Byard / MTSU / 5'11", 216

6. Trevon Stewart / Houston / 5'9", 195

7. A.J. Stamps / Kentucky / 6'0", 200

8. Trent Matthews / Colorado St. / 6'3", 210

9. Jalen Mills / LSU / 6'1", 195
(Former corner made switch to safety last year and looked comfortable. Will continue to do so even more in John Chavis' defense)

10. Gerrod Holliman / Louisville / 6'2", 213

11. Travis Blanks / Clemson / 6'1", 205

12. Sean Davis / Maryland / 6'1", 190

13. Durrell Eskridge / Syracuse / 6'3", 207

14. Dante Barnett / Kansas St. / 6'1", 190

15. Peni Vea / UNLV / 6'1", 200

16. Darian Thompson / Boise St. / 6'1", 205

17. Adrian McDonald / Houston / 5'10", 191

18. Isaiah Johnson / Kansas / 6'1", 210

19. Fellonte Misher / Old Dominion / 6'2", 207

20. LaDarrell McNeil / Tennessee / 6'1", 215

21. Randall Goforth / UCLA / 5'10", 190

22. Obi Melifonwu / UCONN / 6'3", 208

23. A.J. Leggett / Marshall / 5'11", 195

24. Brian Randolph / Tennessee / 6'0", 200

25. Deon Bush / Miami / 6'1", 205

26. Michael Mudoh / Tulsa / 5'10", 200

27. Mitch Lane / ULM / 6'0", 212

28. Evan McKelvey / Marshall / 6'1", 205

29. Kodi Whitfield / Stanford / 6'2", 204
(Tremendous athlete making the move from WR to safety this year for the Cardinal.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Safeties are usually the last group I can get to, but Anthony Harris is a joy to watch.

Safeties are usually the last group I can get to, but Anthony Harris is a joy to watch.

Watch A.J. Stamps, Ladarrell McNeil, Cody Prewitt, Jalen Mills, A.J. Leggett, Randall Goforth among others from this past weekend.

Southern Miss was no match for Miss. St. and were run out of the stadium early....but Jacorius Cotton really stood out to me and made some incredible plays in one-on-one coverage.

As an aside, a couple of these smaller school kids like Fitzpatrick and Schafittzel are this highly thought of by me personally for a reason.

They dominate and are extremely productive playmakers in the secondary. Get your hands on as much of their film as you can. You'll be glad you did. Let me know if you need help.

As an aside, a couple of these smaller school kids like Fitzpatrick and Schafittzel are this highly thought of by me personally for a reason.

They dominate and are extremely productive playmakers in the secondary. Get your hands on as much of their film as you can. You'll be glad you did. Let me know if you need help.

I think I can get hold of Tennessee State and Missouri State.

Marist. Now there's a challenge.

Of all the position groups this is the one I have barley dug into. Based on the little that I've seen is it safe to say this draft class is weaker than last years? I would say Landon Collins appears to be the best prospect in either class, but other than seeing some Kurtis Drummond film from Darqueze Dennard I haven't dug into this group. yet. Thoughts?

I think I can get hold of Tennessee State and Missouri State.

Marist. Now there's a challenge.

Small schools like Marist are required to download game film themselves and provide it on hudl.com. That's where they're all required to exchange game film just like high schools do.

You can go to hudl.com/team/Marist and view certain highlights and units. However, you need a password to view game film. You must be a player, coach, or affiliated with a staff that exchanges game film on there in order to have a password. I've had one on there for years because that's where we view high school game film. The kids are encouraged to go on there to watch film, although most of em won't do it. They'd rather be chasing girls, etc. I know because I couldn't get my son to do it when he played for Hartselle.

Is there a specific game or player you're interested in seeing?

Small schools like Marist are required to download game film themselves and provide it on hudl.com. That's where they're all required to exchange game film just like high schools do.

You can go to hudl.com/team/Marist and view certain highlights and units. However, you need a password to view game film. You must be a player, coach, or affiliated with a staff that exchanges game film on there in order to have a password. I've had one on there for years because that's where we view high school game film. The kids are encouraged to go on there to watch film, although most of em won't do it. They'd rather be chasing girls, etc. I know because I couldn't get my son to do it when he played for Hartselle.

Is there a specific game or player you're interested in seeing?

I was referring to Terrence Fede's film, before someone had gone ahead and put a bunch of his highlights on YouTube.

I had no idea HUDL had college film on it. I use it all the time to take a look at high school kids being recruited by USF. I wouldn't say I'm diehard about the recruiting effort there or anything, but I do like to keep up. It's fun to have a guy like Alex Collins' film blow you away and then see him become SEC Freshman of the Year (though it'd have been more fun if he'd been AAC Freshman of the Year). Same with Marlon Mack, who also blew me away but this time USF actually secured him and lo and behold, only months after his his high school prom he's running for 275 yards in an FBS game. I get real excited about that guy.

I wasn't aware that you need a password for HUDL. I've never needed one, though I admit I've had to find a work-around because if you just go to www.hudl.com they insist you login before you can start searching through their stuff. Lucky for me all you have to do for example is go to Google and type in, "Marlon Mack HUDL" and the first result is a direct link to Marlon Mack's page. You can view any of his videos off that page. It seems to work for any of the players I try. It probably works for school pages too, though I haven't tried it.

Cheers though, thanks for the offer. I'll hit you up if there's a guy I'm wanting to see and I run into a wall.

Have any of you had a chance to watch Gerod Holliman yet this season? He' been a revelation here at Louisville this season. He's leading the NCAA in INTs with 5. As a redshirt sophomore I don't think he'd enter the draft until after next season but you never know.

Yeah, I saw. Just wondering what you guys thought of him so far this season.

Well he's obviously off to a great start this season. Always around the ball and it's starting to show up now that he's a full time starter. I was familiar with him coming out of high school as most everybody in the SEC was trying to recruit him. I thought he was going to Ole Miss...

Big, physical safety with ball skills and the protoype frame in the mold of Mark Barron, Eric Reid, Deone Bucannon, etc. He's very good at reading his keys and diagnosing plays before they unfold. Instinctive. Holliman just needs more starting experience to really make a name for himself as a prospect though. I tend to sniff these guys out early. I watch a lot of college football, Lou.

Well he's obviously off to a great start this season. Always around the ball and it's starting to show up now that he's a full time starter. I was familiar with him coming out of high school as most everybody in the SEC was trying to recruit him. I thought he was going to Ole Miss...

Big, physical safety with ball skills and the protoype frame in the mold of Mark Barron, Eric Reid, Deone Bucannon, etc. He's very good at reading his keys and diagnosing plays before they unfold. Instinctive. Holliman just needs more starting experience to really make a name for himself as a prospect though. I tend to sniff these guys out early. I watch a lot of college football, Lou.

I get that...:lol:

I don't know if Kevin Byard will come out early or not, but if he does I'd draft him. I've had my eye on him for over a year, but he made one of the best defensive plays I've seen last night against Old Dominion. Chasing a receiver down from behind that was all but gone for a TD and reaching around to punch the football out like Charles Tillman. Followed that up with a 76 yard punt return for a touchdown and an interception. Terrific player.

Slimm, how close do you have Harris to Pruitt? I really like Harris' combination of instincts, agility, and range, and I like that he's a solid tackler with good ball skills. Pruitt reminds me a bit of a poor-man's Eric Reid. Not a knock on Pruitt, but he doesn't look as explosive as Reid to me. But he's a good athlete and a big, physical player for the position.

I'd be happy with either in Miami, but Harris seems like a better compliment to R. Jones.

Haven't yet watched Byard, but after reading your post, I checked to see if he has any relation to the great jazz pianist, Jaki Byard, and I was unable to find anything suggesting they were related. Not pertinent to his draft position, but worth a look.

[video=youtube;L-pNaX3QPfo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-pNaX3QPfo[/video]

Back
Top Bottom