Slimm's 2015 Safeties | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2015 Safeties

Since when did Louisville become Safety U

Since Charlie Strong was here. Holliman has his flaws. He gets lazy sometimes, jogs down the field and what not. But those ball skills are undeniable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about the range?

The range is there too for sure. He's also not afraid to make a hit, although he's a FS is every sense of the word.

I'm not super concerned about the laziness on some plays. This is just his first season as a starter. That's the crazy thing, he's still learning.

The range is there too for sure. He's also not afraid to make a hit, although he's a FS is every sense of the word.

I'm not super concerned about the laziness on some plays. This is just his first season as a starter. That's the crazy thing, he's still learning.

I usually don't evaluate underclassmen unless I'm pretty sure they are coming out.... should I evaluate him now or wait to see if he declares?

I usually don't evaluate underclassmen unless I'm pretty sure they are coming out.... should I evaluate him now or wait to see if he declares?

That's a tough call. There has been no word out of the program and not even a rumor about him. The local media hasn't even broached the subject either. I would say wait on it. If I see anything in the local Louisville media or hear anything about it one way or the other I'll let you know.

And here you go:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2266267-2015-nfl-draft-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-for-week-11

Louisville saw Calvin Pryor, Marcus Smith and Teddy Bridgewater drafted in the first round of the 2014 draft and could see a high number drafted in Round 1 of 2015. Sources close to the team tell me they're prepared to lose free safety Gerod Holliman and defensive tackle Sheldon Rankins as underclassmen.

— Another top Louisville prospect—wide receiver DeVante Parker—has regained his Round 1 status around the NFL. Three scouts from different teams all confirmed a first round grade on Parker now that he's healthy.

There is no clear-cut No. 1 cornerback in the 2015 class now that Marcus Peters has been dismissed from Washington. As one college scouting director told me this week, Louisville's Charles Gaines may be the best of the bunch. The 5'11" Gaines has enough size and instincts to be an early starter in the NFL.

Matt Miller knows his stuff. I'd say go ahead and evaluate him and Sheldon Rankins (who has played very, very well this season). U of L is going to have a boatload of talent drafted in May. Mauldin, Holliman, Rankins, Gaines, Parker, Dyer, interior linemen Jake Smith and John Miller, TE Gerald Christian, OT) Jamon Brown (probably a G at NFL level) and maybe DL BJ Dubose all should go some where in the 7 round draft. A few others like WR Eli Rodgers, RB Dominique Brown, CB Terell Floyd, and DE/LB Deiontrez Mount could very easily be invited to camps.

Jeremy cash will be declaring today. What do you think slimm, is he a draft prospect worth monitoring?

Jeremy cash will be declaring today. What do you think slimm, is he a draft prospect worth monitoring?

I like him quite a lot, maybe in the pros as a hybrid LB/safety/slot guy that could be a useful depth player to cover a lot of scheme roles. Has vision and hustle and good tackling form but wouldn't be the quickest or most fluid guy around the field in a dedicated safety role, by the looks.

but with the ball in front of him, he's a serious defensive weapon, with a knack for blitzing and for forcing the fumble. The trick will be finding a role for him and that should see him drop to a spot of decent value.

I keep coming back to Anthony Harris. He has lapses here and there, but overall his awareness is excellent, and he's asked to play all over the field. Good frame and quickness, and he looks to have enough speed to handle deep responsibilities in the NFL - also solid in man coverage at the college level. While Landon Collins is the best safety in the class, Harris is my favorite. I'd be happy with him in the 2nd, and if he were available in the 3rd, it'd be a no-brainer.

I keep coming back to Anthony Harris. He has lapses here and there, but overall his awareness is excellent, and he's asked to play all over the field. Good frame and quickness, and he looks to have enough speed to handle deep responsibilities in the NFL - also solid in man coverage at the college level. While Landon Collins is the best safety in the class, Harris is my favorite. I'd be happy with him in the 2nd, and if he were available in the 3rd, it'd be a no-brainer.

I feel he is more of a SS than FS. I'm not sure he has enough range to play center field.

I think Derron Smith is vastly underrated on every list I see, whether it be here, CBS Sports, Walter Football, Footballs Future... etc.

I really like Jaquiski Tartt out of Samford... Looks more like a strong safety at the next level though.. He'll be good.

Read somewhere on NFL.com that Shaq Thompson is being looked at purely as a safety by most teams.

Back
Top Bottom