Slimm's 2019 Defensive Ends (underclassman) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2019 Defensive Ends (underclassman)

Speaking of, this is one of the worst comps I've seen this draft season. The other was someone comparing Brian Burns to Frank Clark.

Not fond of that comparison. Ferrell is nowhere near the athlete Jevon Kearse was.

Kearse is one of the most athletic defenders to ever play in the SEC or the NFL. A true athletic freak. He started out as a safety and grew into a DE over the course of 4 1/2 years. He still had elite DB athleticism when he was 260 pounds. They don't win in the same ways or share similar traits.

Ferrell is closer to Mike Rucker than Jevon Kearse if they want to compare him to a DE from that class.

The only edge in this particular draft that even makes a little bit of sense being compared to Kearse is Brian Burns - which oddly was compared to Frank Clark - but even he falls short of that lofty comparison.

I love him, personally. Great pure pass rush presence, used in different spots, even blitzed over the A gaps.

He seems like a "multiple" kind of player and yet reminds me of a pure speed rusher 4-3 end. I can him also as a Sam in an Under look, or yeah some ILB looks even. Very explosive player, possibly with some potential to move around?

If the Fins go EDGE in R1, I hope it’s Ferrell. I don’t think he has the ceiling of others, but I trust him the most.

Gary just did not produce, and I doubt that falls at the feet of Coach Brown. Burns too often got stoned by some guys he shouldn’t. I’m not a believer in his weight gain; I think he will play well below his combine weight.

Both guys might end up better than Ferrell, but they seem much more boom-or-bust to me. Ferrell is a strong double off the wall that could turn into a triple.

I understand the questions about a lack of big time production in regards to Rashan Gary.

But when I watch the film I see something different. I see the best player in the draft on film. His talent is insane. Just because he wasn’t getting big time production doesn’t mean he wasn’t winning his reps.

He was. And many times just putting on display things that just aren’t fair.

I see a guy that helps his defense win in a lot of ways instead of just one way. He’s a good player.

He seems like a "multiple" kind of player and yet reminds me of a pure speed rusher 4-3 end. I can him also as a Sam in an Under look, or yeah some ILB looks even. Very explosive player, possibly with some potential to move around?
Not sure I've ever seen an ILB at 6'7

Back
Top Bottom