Smith versus Waddle | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Smith versus Waddle

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
With Houston winning a couple of games recently, Miami is currently projected to pick 11th and 22nd in the first round.

I believe Chase will be the first receiver off the board prior to pick 11. The Dolphins may have a choice between Smith or Waddle, but I don't think either makes it to pick 22.

Anyway, who would you prefer? Waddle is so electric, the stretch the field type that Miami is missing. He is coming off an ankle injury.

Smith may be the best route runner in the draft, catches everything, and is plenty fast. At 175 pounds, his slight frame may concern some teams.

As a bonus, both played with Tua at Alabama.

This may be an odd answer, but because I am so high on USC's St. Brown (and I think he'll fall into the 2nd), I would prefer Smith with 1:11.

If we could come away with Smith AND St. Brown, we'll fill two holes...

Devonta smith for me and it’s not particularly close

his nuance and feel for the position is pro level.

waddle is intriguing and someone I’d be okay w/ drafting in the 1st. Speed and athleticism like that will always be welcome but give me the Marvin Harrison clone

This may be an odd answer, but because I am so high on USC's St. Brown (and I think he'll fall into the 2nd), I would prefer Smith with 1:11.

Actually makes sense but does this FO invest 2 of the top 4 picks on WR? We still need RB, DE, LB and possibly a run stuffing DT.

Actually makes sense but does this FO invest 2 of the top 4 picks on WR? We still need RB, DE, LB and possibly a run stuffing DT.
Hard to say... I would, but then again, I'd spend almost all of our picks on offense this year.

It could be argued that Waddle is better than Smith.

But Smith is a better fit in Miami as he would be just what the DR ordered in the slot for the Fins.

I would be happy with either in the mid 1st round.

I’ve been flip flopping between the 2 for awhile. And was actually gonna make a thread about drafting both in round 1. I don’t think it would happen. But man talk about supporting Tua with his guys. They both bring such different dynamics to the game and a Trio of Parker, Waddle and Smith would give us everything you could possibly want. Big body jump ball possession receiver with Parker. The smooth route running slot, with reliable hands, who just gets open and moves the chains with Smith. Then the dynamic take the top off the defense deep threat with Waddle.

Get Golladay in free agency and draft smith. WR corps automatically because one of the better units on the team. Id take waddle too if smith wasnt there

I'm a big fan of St. Brown as well. That would be a nice combination. I also like Anthony Schwartz from Auburn as a speed guy. I've seen him listed as a top 75 prospect, but due to his speed (reported 4.27) I think he goes higher than expected.

Devonta smith for me and it’s not particularly close

his nuance and feel for the position is pro level.

waddle is intriguing and someone I’d be okay w/ drafting in the 1st. Speed and athleticism like that will always be welcome but give me the Marvin Harrison clone
That's a nice comparison for Smith and a lot to live up to!

I’ve been flip flopping between the 2 for awhile. And was actually gonna make a thread about drafting both in round 1. I don’t think it would happen. But man talk about supporting Tua with his guys. They both bring such different dynamics to the game and a Trio of Parker, Waddle and Smith would give us everything you could possibly want. Big body jump ball possession receiver with Parker. The smooth route running slot, with reliable hands, who just gets open and moves the chains with Smith. Then the dynamic take the top off the defense deep threat with Waddle.
Rondale Moore could be there at #22. Smith and Moore could give you that similar dynamic, paired with Parker.

Considering the class of wide receivers in this draft, and Miami's obvious need, I think two out of the first four picks would make sense.

Lots of fun combinations to work with. I like pairing Smith with St. Brown. Marshall and Schwartz could work, with Marshall maybe #22 and Schwartz pick 2b? Waddle and Marshall if you go two wide receivers in the 1st, which I seriously doubt the Dolphins will do. But nice to dream on Parker, Marshall and Waddle.

Back
Top Bottom