Smith versus Waddle | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Smith versus Waddle

Depending on what Miami does in F/A, I'd think 2 of the top 5 picks, for Miami, will be WR's. I like Smith a bit more than Waddle. But either one would be fine with me. The further the Houston pick falls, the likelihood of a WR, being selected with that pick, I believe increases. As for Miami's pick, I think it will be on Defense or the Offensive Line.

Depending on what Miami does in F/A, I'd think 2 of the top 5 picks, for Miami, will be WR's. I like Smith a bit more than Waddle. But either one would be fine with me. The further the Houston pick falls, the likelihood of a WR, being selected with that pick, I believe increases. As for Miami's pick, I think it will be on Defense or the Offensive Line.
How would you feel about Nick Bolton at #22, or wherever that pick ends up falling?

How would you feel about Nick Bolton at #22, or wherever that pick ends up falling?
From what I've read about Bolton, he certainly seems Uber Talented. But lacks size at around 6'0". Not sure this staff will over look that? It seems they prefer Bigger Players. They like taller, players at almost every position. The guy I think Miami will jump all over, if he's there at #22 is Tulsa LB Zaven Collins who's 6'4 and 260lbs. That's what I think they'd prefer. The guy is built like an Abrams Tank!!! For agruements sake, I think the WR at #22 Miami could really be interested in is Rashod Bateman. He seems to fit their bigger player preferences. And he's fast to boot.

Last edited:
From what I've read about Bolton, he certainly seems Uber Talented. But lacks size at around 6'0". Not sure this staff will over look that? It seems they prefer Bigger Players. They like taller, players at almost every position. The guy I think Miami will jump all over, if he's there at #22 is Tulsa LB Zaven Collins who's 6'4 and 260lbs. That's what I think they'd prefer. The guy is built like an Abrams Tank!!!
I've checked out his highlights and looks awfully impressive. Makes a lot of big plays, pretty fast. Some Jason Taylor in his game.

Definitely could see Flores liking Collins.

This is just a highlights package and they can be deceptive... but check this out.

Is he draft eligible? As a defensive first guy, I'd love to add some quality at linebacker. This defense is close to being really something special, especially with Flores and his system.

Is he draft eligible? As a defensive first guy, I'd love to add some quality at linebacker. This defense is close to being really something special, especially with Flores and his system.
He can be... if he chooses.

One red flag... he's presently in concussion protocol, but as you saw, he has a Hell of a motor and packs a wallop.

He can be... if he chooses.

One red flag... he's presently in concussion protocol, but as you saw, he has a Hell of a motor and packs a wallop.
Very physical. Wonder how he is in pass coverage, but looks very promising. Thanks, brother, for sharing.

Devonta smith for me and it’s not particularly close

his nuance and feel for the position is pro level.

waddle is intriguing and someone I’d be okay w/ drafting in the 1st. Speed and athleticism like that will always be welcome but give me the Marvin Harrison clone
I think this is an excellent comparison. I would prefer him over Waddle but would be good with either.

I think Houston only wins 1 more game so I am moving up and select jamar chase This kid is better than Justin Jefferson and we see how good Jefferson is.

He was a very highly rated HS prospect... but his pass coverage will be his weakest skill-set at this point, mostly because he isn't being asked to do it. At worst... I think he'll be a run stopping LB, but there is the potential here for a three down guy. Potential being the operative word, and that makes him a third day candidate rather than a slam dunk. I like him as a shot, but I'm making no promises.

He was a very highly rated HS prospect... but his pass coverage will be his weakest skill-set at this point, mostly because he isn't being asked to do it. At worst... I think he'll be a run stopping LB, but there is the potential here for a three down guy. Potential being the operative word, and that makes him a third day candidate rather than a slam dunk. I like him as a shot, but I'm making no promises.
My mistake I was thinking about the WR from USC that may go in the 2nd. He was ranked very high coming out of HS. I would love two stud receivers but if we have Wilson, Williams, Parker and draft a Smith, Waddle or Chase then that is pretty stacked and allows us to go for our other needs. Of course that depends on whether the coaches want Wilson back.

My mistake I was thinking about the WR from USC that may go in the 2nd. He was ranked very high coming out of HS. I would love two stud receivers but if we have Wilson, Williams, Parker and draft a Smith, Waddle or Chase then that is pretty stacked and allows us to go for our other needs. Of course that depends on whether the coaches want Wilson back.
Wilson will be 29 and is only signed for one more year. I can see bringing him as a hedge against whatever rookie slot WR that we bring in, but he isn't the guy to depend on.
I've mentioned this before, but if we do keep him for that year, he could help us in the lost FA formula.

I liked Smith in his first 2 seasons at Bama, and my mind is still the same. Waddle is excellent, but Smith please.

Back
Top Bottom