Smith versus Waddle | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Smith versus Waddle

From what I've read about Bolton, he certainly seems Uber Talented. But lacks size at around 6'0". Not sure this staff will over look that? It seems they prefer Bigger Players. They like taller, players at almost every position. The guy I think Miami will jump all over, if he's there at #22 is Tulsa LB Zaven Collins who's 6'4 and 260lbs. That's what I think they'd prefer. The guy is built like an Abrams Tank!!! For agruements sake, I think the WR at #22 Miami could really be interested in is Rashod Bateman. He seems to fit their bigger player preferences. And he's fast to boot.

I'm a fan of Collins - big guy who can still move. He drops, blitzes, a little bit of everything in that Tulsa D. He's smart too.....pre-med major.

There's a few plays in the UCF game i watched that really stood out - the one in particular down near the goalline where he saw it, burst through a gap and tackled the RB for a safety. Impressive kid.

I'm a fan of Collins - big guy who can still move. He drops, blitzes, a little bit of everything in that Tulsa D. He's smart too.....pre-med major.

There's a few plays in the UCF game i watched that really stood out - the one in particular down near the goalline where he saw it, burst through a gap and tackled the RB for a safety. Impressive kid.
The center on Tulsa is also well thought of too. I just can't remember his name.

Jaylen Waddle was headed for 1000 yards receiving on just 44 receptions, which is absurd.

Only played in 4 games this season and hasn't caught a pass since October 17th and is still top 43 in the country, and #9 in the SEC in receiving yardage.

There ain't many that can out shine Smitty - but Waddle could do it.

I can't say enough good things about either one. I don't think I could choose one over the other. As I've said all along they're both top 10 players in the draft to me.
Let’s say you’re the Dolphins and both are available when you’re on the clock. Assuming no other FA additions

If we miss out on Parsons (probably likely), I think we could go wr with the Texans pick and Collins might be a solid consolation prize with our pick

Let’s say you’re the Dolphins and both are available when you’re on the clock. Assuming no other FA additions
I would rank Waddle slightly ahead of Smith overall, but Smith might be the better fit for what Miami is missing.

But assuming Waddle's ankle is fine I would be really happy with either in the early to mid teens.

You can’t go wrong with either. Smith will catch more balls, but Waddle will have a higher yards per catch.

For Smith, the concerns is that his slight frame compares to Marquis Brown, Paul Richardson, so there are some risks that his production is unreliable. There is a risk of wider gap between what he is doing in college versus what he will be able to do in the pros. There is more risk of disappointment. For Waddle there are no risks, he can play.

Devonta smith for me and it’s not particularly close

his nuance and feel for the position is pro level.

waddle is intriguing and someone I’d be okay w/ drafting in the 1st. Speed and athleticism like that will always be welcome but give me the Marvin Harrison clone
I love Devonta Smith, but man that speed...
I think I'd go Smith, because I think he is what Miami needs.

Last edited:
Reactions: A1.
My only concern with Smith is his size.

He is very slightly built and that could be an issue down the road.

Dude is freaking amazing...

I never thought a receiver would show up at BAMA that would change my mind about Julio Jones being the greatest....Devonta is changing my mind.

Back
Top Bottom