Smith versus Waddle | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Smith versus Waddle

I'm not a fan of taking a WR in the first half of the first round, unless he's far and away the best one in the draft, and will be your clear #1 receiver, a la Megatron or Julio Jones, though I wouldn't spend all of the capital ATL did.

Edit: Also, I'm hoping they'll get Parsons, and the more players taken that aren't Parsons, the better chance of that. Or if they really like a DE or CB. I like DEs, OTs, CBs in the first, unless it's a complete stud.
But, LB's are far less valuable than WR's.

And Parsons will not be on the board when Miami picks unless Houston really goes in the crapper the rest of the way.

That pick is going to be in the 10-12 area.

I am also not a fan of taking WR's really high but i think that WR might end up being the best value when Miami is on the clock with the Texans pick, whatever their needs may be.

Right now I am going WR, trade down or the possibility of a surprise being there.

He might be playing his way out of the Fins reach.

That and Houston adding some inconvenient wins.

He might be playing his way out of the Fins reach.

That and Houston adding some inconvenient wins.
That's not necessarily a bad thing though... If Chase, Waddle and Smith are taken before our 1a which I think will be around 11th overall, that means one of Parsons, Rousseau, or Sewell will likely have slipped.

That's not necessarily a bad thing though... If Chase, Waddle and Smith are taken before our 1a which I think will be around 11th overall, that means one of Parsons, Rousseau, or Sewell will likely have slipped.
We will be able to get one of these guys for sure...

Lawrence
Fields
Sewell
Chase
Smith
Waddle
Parsons
Rousseau
Surtain
Leatherwood
Pitts

A couple weeks back I didn’t think WR would be in the mix for 1A but with those two unfortunate wins by Houston it seems a lot more likely if we are picking closer to 10 than 5.

Some of you guys thinking Miami is taking two WRs early are nuts. Yes we have holes at WR but we NEED a center and probably a LG or RT.

To the OP, like many before me who have posted, it’s hard not to think about these two guys and which would fit better.

I like safe, I like Devonta Smith.

I also think the Minnesota kid should be in the conversation.

Intriguing is an understatement about this WR draft. Moore, Wallace, St. Brown and Surrat bring a lot of talent behind the big name guys.

OptionsOplentiful.

Last edited:
We really do have to wait until we know the draft order and players go to the Combine before we can know who the Fins will have a shot at with Houston's pick.

I don't want to go WR too early either but it may be that value and need match up at that spot.

I would love a front 7 defensive stud or a big time OL at that spot and then address WR with their own 1st rounder as there are some very good WR options outside Chase/Smith/Waddle.

Maybe one of those 3 slips all the way to Miami anyway.

Watching the offense the last 3 weeks shows that they certainly need a WR who can get open for Tua but they surely need to block better as well.

We really do have to wait until we know the draft order and players go to the Combine before we can know who the Fins will have a shot at with Houston's pick.

I don't want to go WR too early either but it may be that value and need match up at that spot.

I would love a front 7 defensive stud or a big time OL at that spot and then address WR with their own 1st rounder as there are some very good WR options outside Chase/Smith/Waddle.

Maybe one of those 3 slips all the way to Miami anyway.

Watching the offense the last 3 weeks shows that they certainly need a WR who can get open for Tua but they surely need to block better as well.
They will all 3 be gone by our 1b. You’d pass on Michael Irvin, Marvin Harrison, and Tyreek Hill to draft another Devante Parker clone? Ok

We really do have to wait until we know the draft order and players go to the Combine before we can know who the Fins will

Maybe one of those 3 slips all the way to Miami.

I agree with all of that. I’d definitely prefer a pass rusher or top OL prospect but this draft doesn’t appear it’s going to stack up that way for us.

Rousseau is till an enigma I guess so someone will have to swing for the fences with him. Would make sense if it’s a team with multiple firsts. Parsons seems a lot less likely then he did 3 weeks ago and Sewell is long gone by the time we pick so WRs look like a strong possibility.

We really need to see the corners rise up the boards along with Trey Lance and get a coupon surprises in that top 10 group. I’m ready for the draft now so I know I’ll be pumped in April.

The injury for Waddle needs to clear itself up as well. I don’t know what his prognosis is/was as far as running again.

A couple weeks back I didn’t think WR would be in the mix for 1A but with those two unfortunate wins by Houston it seems a lot more likely if we are picking closer to 10 than 5.

Some of you guys thinking Miami is taking two WRs early are nuts. Yes we have holes at WR but we NEED a center and probably a LG or RT.

To the OP, like many before me who have posted, it’s hard not to think about these two guys and which would fit better.

I like safe, I like Devonta Smith.

I also think the Minnesota kid should be in the conversation.

Intriguing is an understatement about this WR draft. Moore, Wallace, St. Brown and Surrat bring a lot of talent behind the big name guys.

OptionsOplentiful.
I agree. I can't see Miami taking two wide receivers in the first round. Pretty sure they will take one either with the Houston pick or their own #1.

I agree. I can't see Miami taking two wide receivers in the first round. Pretty sure they will take one either with the Houston pick or their own #1.

All I can say is fans love WRs a whole heck of a lot more than coaches and GMs.

I think we will draft one in the first two rounds but I highly doubt Brian Flores wouldn’t rather have a DL, LB or OL with a similar grade first.

If you believe in your QB, you should devalue WRs.

I think we will draft one in the first two rounds but I highly doubt Brian Flores wouldn’t rather have a DL, LB or OL with a similar grade first.

If you believe in your QB, you should give him less to work with?

We will be able to get one of these guys for sure...

Lawrence
Fields
Sewell
Chase
Smith
Waddle
Parsons
Rousseau
Surtain
Leatherwood
Pitts
I guess that the problem for me is that there are three of these guys who I do not want.

I also agree with that. Wouldn't surprise me if Miami didn't take a wide receiver at 1a. But depends who is there.

There's a chance Chase, Smith and Waddle could all be gone before that Houston pick, which will probably end up around 12th overall.

The fan base would go crazy if the Dolphins waited until round two to draft a wide receiver.

Back
Top Bottom