Smith versus Waddle | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Smith versus Waddle

Julio would be awesome in this BAMA offense.

Devonta smith for me and it’s not particularly close

his nuance and feel for the position is pro level.

waddle is intriguing and someone I’d be okay w/ drafting in the 1st. Speed and athleticism like that will always be welcome but give me the Marvin Harrison
I do not like Devonta Smith's build, reminds me of another WR (Lamar Thomas), just simply too thin.

Waddle is electric.....not a bad pick if healthy, but I'm a believer of hurt in college hurt in the pros, but all speed guys are this way.

The LSU kid is interesting Marshall, I like the measurables.....

I do not like Devonta Smith's build, reminds me of another WR (Lamar Thomas), just simply too thin.

Waddle is electric.....not a bad pick if healthy, but I'm a believer of hurt in college hurt in the pros, but all speed guys are this way.

The LSU kid is interesting Marshall, I like the measurables.....
Yah tell that to Burrow - you made me laugh yet again

but I'm a believer of hurt in college hurt in the pros.

IMO it’s a completely silly belief. Not much different than believing “average in college, average in the pros”. Or “great in college, great in the pros”.

Sometimes it works out that way, often times it doesn’t.

Yah tell that to Burrow - you made me laugh yet again
Celebrating an unlucky and terrible injury on what appears to be future star QB in the league in the hopes of of providing cover to your player who has proven nothing to this point, is highly questionable.

IMO it’s a completely silly belief. Not much different than believing “average in college, average in the pros”. Or “great in college, great in the pros”.

Sometimes it works out that way, often times it doesn’t.
A silly belief that many many scouts, GM's and coaches past and present believe in strongly.

Here is another, heavy weights knockout middle weights, there are reason why tiny great players in college do poorly in the pros.

Back in April, I said he was the best Alabama WR since Julio, and maybe I should have just said, "Devonta Smith is the best WR."
So that begs the question. What does Miami do if Chase, Smith and Waddle are gone before that Houston pick?

I'm also not quite sure Miami will value receivers quite as high as fans do. Not saying the front office doesn't see it as a big need, but maybe more at 1b or 2a.

I don't see all 3 of those guys going in the top 10.

The Fins should have at least one of them on the board when they pick.

I don't see all 3 of those guys going in the top 10.

The Fins should have at least one of them on the board when they pick.
Personally, I'd be good with all three being gone by our first pick. That would mean someone the staff values a lot will be there when we pick.

So that begs the question. What does Miami do if Chase, Smith and Waddle are gone before that Houston pick?

I'm also not quite sure Miami will value receivers quite as high as fans do. Not saying the front office doesn't see it as a big need, but maybe more at 1b or 2a.

If they don't, they're stupid. You need to pass the ball at a high level to win at a high level.

Bateman would be my next choice.

I don't understand what this is supposed to mean.
I'm not a fan of taking a WR in the first half of the first round, unless he's far and away the best one in the draft, and will be your clear #1 receiver, a la Megatron or Julio Jones, though I wouldn't spend all of the capital ATL did.

Edit: Also, I'm hoping they'll get Parsons, and the more players taken that aren't Parsons, the better chance of that. Or if they really like a DE or CB. I like DEs, OTs, CBs in the first, unless it's a complete stud.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom