So, offense, what happened? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So, offense, what happened?

Lol ,your gonna look silly in a couple weeks actually that 1 trick pony made you look silly last night with the nice pass to Hill for a td . You all said all`s he could do was dink and dunk .. proved you all wrong didn`t he .. then you all said he couldn`t throw deep and he sent you all hiding under your rocks again . He also can hit the middle of the field , he`s proven that time and time again yet the blind choose not to see it .You sure you know what 1 trick pony even means ? If by 1 Trick pony you mean he`s skilled at passing anywhere on the field well ya your right but something tells me that`s not what you mean
😂 You going to bring up Tua’s only good completion of the night where the turf monster brought Michael Davis down so Hill could have an uncontested score?

Tua can make all the throws? Can Tua roll left and throw a ball to the deep right hash for a completion like Herbert did to Williams in that game or can Tua on third down throw a pass by a defenders ear hole like Herbert threw that 3rd down pass to Allen for a first down with Kohou draped all over him? Does Tua have those throws in him?

I rewatched the game last night. I think that first drive had 2 drops by Hill and Waddle, that didn't help. It looked like we were leaning more towards the run on the drive when Wilson broke one for 20-yards, so maybe we were actually readjusting? Then, WIlson got hurt on that same play and then we went back to same-old, same-old.

I think in Buffalo we HAVE to run, run and more run. We could really use a bruiser back, Gaskin and Ahmed aren't going to cut it, we should have signed Duke Johnson off the Bills' practice squad

I think a lot of the comments are a little off the rails. Miami had a good plan on offense vs SF, and it executed well - except for Tua missing some throws.

LAC was the first game McDaniel was really outcoached. It was the first time he didn't have a lot of answers. Still, if Hill and Waddle locate those balls, the offensive output would be different, and Miami would have had a better chance to win the game.

I don't know how quickly McDaniel will find the needed counter punches, but I think he will find them. Progress isn't linear.

I think a lot of the comments are a little off the rails. Miami had a good plan on offense vs SF, and it executed well - except for Tua missing some throws.

LAC was the first game McDaniel was really outcoached. It was the first time he didn't have a lot of answers. Still, if Hill and Waddle locate those balls, the offensive output would be different, and Miami would have had a better chance to win the game.

I don't know how quickly McDaniel will find the needed counter punches, but I think he will find them. Progress isn't linear.
Steelers?

Man this is weird, last year everyone was saying Tua cant throw to the middle of the field, he needs to get better at it or he's not gonna make it... Now Im hearing all Tua can do is throw to the middle of the field? The hell is going on? Tua got figured out, he cant beat man... What? He's one of the best passers vs man in the league... Its 2 bad games ffs, **** happens to all of em...

😂 You going to bring up Tua’s only good completion of the night where the turf monster brought Michael Davis down so Hill could have an uncontested score?

Tua can make all the throws? Can Tua roll left and throw a ball to the deep right hash for a completion like Herbert did to Williams in that game or can Tua on third down throw a pass by a defenders ear hole like Herbert threw that 3rd down pass to Allen for a first down with Kohou draped all over him? Does Tua have those throws in him?
Please stop with this tired ass trope. It's been proven wrong over and over again.

Our offense was a gimmick. We did something well (throwing over the middle) that is dangerous so a lot of teams don’t do it nearly as much as we did. We were so successful at that that we ignored development of our run game, screen game, and outside passing game. Now defenses have figured out a way to take away our bread and butter, we don’t have the obvious answers to make them pay for doing that and our quarterback gets discouraged too easily and loses all confidence in everything else when the thing he does best doesn’t work.
I just don’t understand how hard it is to dump the ball to a back or those quick passes to Waddle.. how many of those did we see last year?

Team needs to run the ball more also.

Man this is weird, last year everyone was saying Tua cant throw to the middle of the field, he needs to get better at it or he's not gonna make it... Now Im hearing all Tua can do is throw to the middle of the field? The hell is going on? Tua got figured out, he cant beat man... What? He's one of the best passers vs man in the league... Its 2 bad games ffs, **** happens to all of em...
Like clockwork the haters came back right on queue, anybody could see that coming. Once we beat Green Bay on Christmas Day they'll disappear back to their holes again.

Ever since the bye, our O has sucked. What happened? Is it all Tua? Has he just missed throws? Gotten confused by the looks the defense is giving him? Is it McDaniel not scheming well? Do we just have no weapons beyond Hill and Waddle and we are now getting exposed?

The first 3 games (with Tua), the offense put up 13, 42, 21 points. It's been a boom or bust offense the whole year and as defenses get tape on it, they defend it more effectively.

Before the bye(with Tua): 13, 42, 21, 16, 31, 28, 39,
After the bye: 23, 17, 17

It's that all 4 of Tyreek, Waddle, Gesicki and Wilson Jr are finesse receivers. Teams started roughing them and making them catch in traffic and they got demoralized. The ball's been there. He looked off on the 9ers game because receivers where missing their marks. Sherfield is the only one to bring any toughness, mental and physical out of all our WRs.

We should add OBJ. What agreat 3rd WR. Seems like a natural leader to bring a spark into the locker room too. Was on track to be Suoer Bowl MVP until he got injured.

Back
Top Bottom