So, offense, what happened? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So, offense, what happened?

Def coordinators are now wanting to see if Tua’s arm can get the ball outside the hashes

MCD better start getting our backs involved in the short passing game..
DING DING DING......YAHTZEE.

You are exactly right, they want Tua to prove he can throw mid to deep outside the hashes consistently.

We've been found out,simple.I like McD but he needs to understamd the concept of adjustments and scheme changes or rest if the season will be the same.

Bills will be salivating watching the Chargers D and how easily they shut down what has worked wonders for us this season.

Ever since the bye, our O has sucked. What happened? Is it all Tua? Has he just missed throws? Gotten confused by the looks the defense is giving him? Is it McDaniel not scheming well? Do we just have no weapons beyond Hill and Waddle and we are now getting exposed?
To be fair to McD, against the 49ers it was Tua missing his throws and reads. Players were wide open in that game. For the Chargers, I am not sure what happened but it felt like a collective failure.
Tua for some reason is in a funk and he needs to get his head out of it if he wants a promising NFL career for himself.

It’s a very one dimensional and predictable offense given the explosive speed we have. For as much pre snap movement we have, the running plays and passing routes are too repetitive. Stop trying to run and pass between the hash marks every single play and keep the defense honest by going horizontal. Do more outs, sweeps, end-arounds and outside screens. I know Tua is limited on his sideline passing but these don’t need to be long throws. The Chargers made some key short passing third down completions to the sidlines just enough to convert the third down. Hill was so effective on short outside hooks in KC when needed.

It seems like some "fans" are finding joy in our favorite teams' struggles as of late. I don't really understand it. This team, franchise QB, and HC is young, growing, and learning. Did anyone expect us to win the SB this year? Are we not light years better than we were last year?

11AEBE3D-CC56-4C87-B930-C59A53372EDA.jpeg

FA5F7F8C-89EB-4D73-AC77-02681FEEA5C5.jpeg
These two charts sum up McDaniel’s refusal to adjust to a more horizontal scheme. Defenses just need to bump our WR’s at the line and clog the middle. We have way too much speed to not use short sideline routes.

Ughh Bras lol

Me no likey, me want sleepy :)

Imo the game was controlled by the skillset of Justin Herbert, he was able to maneuver thru the traffic and pressure very accurately, then deliver accurate strikes of the football..

He dictated the time of possession with hi level decision making, always hitting the hot read when we did break thru with pressure to extend the drive..

There is a whole other level of offense that the niners and chargers uses that is non existent with our scheme..

Why are we not getting the ball to waddle and hill behind the LOS, why are we not using Hill like Deebo was used last year..Why do we have 0 screen game.

Once again, since I noted it in training came, the one bootleg play we ran had the edge running free right when Tua made his pivot, every freakin time this happens and blows the play, every damn time.

Other than that awful play that keeps happening, there was 0 mis direction or boot action.

The pass protection was dreadful, it leaked everywhere from everybody at first glance, I would bet the metrics show it was or worst game..

Tua had little time to throw bottom line and when he did he rushed some throws.

where is the quick slant game ? That seems to of disappeared, how bout a delayed draw play, and like I said is there a screen pass even in the playbook cause I can’t remember the last one..

Bottom line we can’t protect the Qb and we’re not calling plays that can slow down the rush or take advantage of a defense that is philosophically dropping deeper in their sets.

At this point there are two units on offense that are well below average when it comes to catching the football, our tight end group has to be worse in the league in catching and blocking..and our running backs are not getting fed the ball thru the pass game, we know we don’t have anyone on the roster that can catch after the first ten yards…the wheel route by the running back since preseason is like 0 for 5..

We have two great receivers, one of them (waddle) does not have great hands and tends to lose body control on deeper stuff, he’s miss timing his jumps more frequently then I would like to see..

This offense desperately needs the skillset of Ezukama, a physical presence not another finesse one, a player that can catch in traffic in the short stuff and bully the defender.Been saying that since Camp as well..I think we deserve a real answer why this dude can’t see the field.

The defense was at the mercy of Herbert, he played a precise controlled game that displayed athleticism, good judgement and accuracy.

The positives from the game for me was the pass rush, imo Boyer needs to change the way they rush the Qb, they need a more contained pass rush as they break free, there’s a lot of free defenders getting their shots and coming up with air because of the way they are approaching the target, they all are getting juked consistently cause, they need to change that Rush plan philosophically.

The other positive was finally Tua ran the ball when there was green grass in front of them, he can do that a lot if he wants it’s there..

Tua…imo is not clearing the rush by decisively steeping up and clearing the smoke..he’s only throwing on time based on the depth of his drop, basically right now there is very very little improv in his game, and I mean that there aren’t any receivers going off script and neither is he.

If you watch Mahomes or Allen, a lot of time they are hitting their back foot and immediately decisively stepping up to allow the rush to clear which then gives them a clear window to the field and making a throw on the move, we are not seeing much of that at all..

Our coach has shown flaws in his situational play calling..

I’ve seen two instances of third and very short when you know you’re going for it on fourth down and the play call on third is a 7 step drop..

Ridiculous to me because sustaining the drive should have more priority considering your offense is averaging 20 mins a game.

So basically at this point teams are gonna test the arm strength of Tua and see if he can work the perimeter, our coach needs to scheme it up correctly and start to run more plays that take advantage of the defense flooding the middle of the field, and to mitigate quick pressure.

That stadium and its video fluff is the worse from a fans perspective, we are very lucky to have the rock..

I’m not very confident in changing the scheme at this point if the season, I mean if you haven’t worked on the screen game it’s not easy to get all parts on the same page..

I would hope moving forward, we adjust to what the defense is doing to us now

I would hope Tua sees his success of running the ball on his own accord and does it more..good slides las nite and I would hope Boyer changes the way our players are approaching the Qb, he’s getting these players free runs and they are not finishing.
Excellent post!

View attachment 125150

View attachment 125151
These two charts sum up McDaniel’s refusal to adjust to a more horizontal scheme. Defenses just need to bump our WR’s at the line and clog the middle. We have way too much speed to not use short sideline routes.
If that doesn't crown Herbert as the check down godking I don't know what does.

On offense Tua is a spot thrower... cover the spot and add pressure up front and there you go.... 3 and out.

On defense... give your opponent 40 minutes TOP and even a blind squirrel can find a nut.
I was just in another thread and another poster said that all NFL QB’s are spot throwers FYI.

Tua is a one trick pony and teams have taken that away from him.
Lol ,your gonna look silly in a couple weeks actually that 1 trick pony made you look silly last night with the nice pass to Hill for a td . You all said all`s he could do was dink and dunk .. proved you all wrong didn`t he .. then you all said he couldn`t throw deep and he sent you all hiding under your rocks again . He also can hit the middle of the field , he`s proven that time and time again yet the blind choose not to see it .You sure you know what 1 trick pony even means ? If by 1 Trick pony you mean he`s skilled at passing anywhere on the field well ya your right but something tells me that`s not what you mean

Lol ,your gonna look silly in a couple weeks actually that 1 trick pony made you look silly last night with the nice pass to Hill for a td . You all said all`s he could do was dink and dunk .. proved you all wrong didn`t he .. then you all said he couldn`t throw deep and he sent you all hiding under your rocks again . He also can hit the middle of the field , he`s proven that time and time again yet the blind choose not to see it .You sure you know what 1 trick pony even means ? If by 1 Trick pony you mean he`s skilled at passing anywhere on the field well ya your right but something tells me that`s not what you mean
No one trick pony where he mainly only can throw over the middle into certain spots! He rarely throws to the outside! Those are the facts Tua lover!

Hills 60 yard TD was outside the hashes and it was an easy one. No bumps on the line, straight go route. Should have been playing that much more as opposed to sending Hill on quick slants through the zone.
It was easy? Michael Davis had Hill stride for stride until the turf monster tripped him, allowing Hill an uncontested catch.

I think when people are talking about defenses taking the middle away and seeing if Tua can make the hash throws, they are talking about whether Tua has the arm VELOCITY to make the hash throws, not whether he can throw it 40 -50 on a go route.

But when he does throw to the sidelines, he throws touchdowns.
Not all the time! Get back to me after he shits the bed again in Buffalo! That's just what he does in big games!

Back
Top Bottom