So, offense, what happened? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So, offense, what happened?

Our, or your likely more of a typo not typing in the y or the autofill changing it to a our instead of your. Now I am on the computer so you likely will see posts with no "e" unless I catch it my work computer has issues with the E and R and my IT has not gotten me a new keyboard yet
Lol, uh huh.

My biggest disappointment is with our running game. You can't win if you have the leagues worst running game. If we get that going it helps open up other passing windows. Teams right now are not going to respect one of the leagues worst rushing attacks

I think this summarizes it well.

Tua anticipates his throws, so he is throwing to a spot before the receiver is truly open.

If the defense manages to give him the look he wants but flood the area he’s supposed to throw to, it will be covered by the time it gets thrown.

I think it’s kind of an extension of the issue he had last season. Remember the “Tua doesn’t know what is NFL open, only Alabama open” argument?

He countered that by quickly processing what is happening and throwing to the spot before the receiver is truly open, trusting that his guy is going to be there before the DB.

What it seems teams are doing now is flooding the spot where he’s supposed to throw to before the receiver gets there. DBs are also very physical with our WRs, essentially messing up their timing and positioning so that they’re not at their usual spots.

He sees the cues to throw it to the spot, but once the ball gets there the DBs are covering the area and the receivers are slightly off of their marks.

Honestly, I think the offense is going to have to counter that again by just reverting back somewhat to what our offense last year used to do, which is rely on the short passing game, checkdown frequently, throw it to the flats more often and try the occasional bomb until teams back away from the middle of the field. Might have to rework the progressions on some plays so that they prioritize other areas of the field.

I’m just not sure why this change hasn’t been implemented yet, may be too steep a learning curve in such a short time, or they chalked up the niners game up to a fluke and thought things would get back to normal.
Youre dead right here. McD should be making adjustments. In fact, this outcome should have been something he anticipated all season and he should of had a back up plan or simply mixed up his play calls all season to keep opposing teams honest. Everyone knows that you get exposed quickly in this league.

We're pretty simple. Throw it 10-20 yards between the hashes every play and abandon the run.

Defenses have adjusted, time to see if McDaniel and Tua are truly the duo that is the answer for Miami.

Next week, if it's snowing, it's going to be a shitshow game, so not expecting much but the next 3 games after that I hope to see some type of radical, positive, adjustment.

For me, it seems like McDaniel has gone a bit Kellen Moore and gunho on the passing game, and the medium to deep game at that. I know the offensive line isn't a bunch of maulers but at the same time we do need to establish a run game. Not only to keep the defense guessing but to give the Miami defense a breather too.

The lack of tight ends in the passing game too in my opinion is becoming a huge negative as they are a useless 11th man in the passing game. Smythe, at least is a competent run blocker but him and Gesicki are invisible in the passing game. We know Gesicki has his pros and cons, but he is a good receiving TE. So, to me, that's on the coaches for not adjusting their gameplan slightly to get him more involved. We only franchised him and too away 11mil of cap to be a...decoy?

If the defense is pressing and being physical they can always do presnap motion so the defender can't get a clean press on Waddle or Hill.

Agree, with the TEs, but they (and the RBs) were rarely targeted. And what about the 2nd level receivers - Wilson and Sherfield. If LAC was focusing on TH/Waddle, other receivers were against 3rd/4th best DBs and/or could take advantage of LAC stacking the middle. Blame goes to Mcd

Tua is playing like crap, but he has an opportunity to once and for all silence the haters. Go into Buffalo on a short week, play in Bad weather and come out on top. I believe this can happen this week. I refuse to dwell on the last 2 games 💪
He HAD an opportunity. He blew it. He didn’t just blow it, he blew it in spectacular fashion. Everyone who doubted Tua now has ammunition because he failed in exactly the manner they said he would. Worse, he failed spectacularly when he was playing well, when it looked like he’d figured it out; he went 60 to 0 in no time flat.

He can have 10 straight really good regular season home games now and I wouldn’t trust his play because he won’t show up the one game we really need him.

It’s like the significant other you catch cheating on you. You may love them and forgive them and take them back, but you’re a fool to trust them absolutely.

Which isn't happing as much as it should be, so as long as defenses are allowed to push and grab, McDaniel and Tua MUST adjust. Take what they give you. Dink and dunk until the intermediate middle opens up again.
This is here McGenius is looking more like and Egg McMuffin right now. He sees what’s going on. Counter w something else. He had all week. Inexcusable. NFL QB goes 10-28 ? At one point he was 3-15 and 6-22 before the last “drive” when the game was over

Once again the Tua haters are out in force..if you watch any of the game..sober it was obvious we have a Game plan problem, not a QB problem.
Chargers were sitting in the middle of the field which MD was constantly having Tua throw into blessedly there were no picks as Tua at least realized when they were not there to dive the ball or throw it out. Just plain horrible by our Coach. Barley threw drop downs or screens.

However, the great or so-called Herbert the great threw check downs all night long and barely took any deep shots at all. Also, they rolled Herbert out to avoid pressure. It is not always the QB it's the plays and position a coach puts players in to win.

I think this summarizes it well.

Tua anticipates his throws, so he is throwing to a spot before the receiver is truly open.

If the defense manages to give him the look he wants but flood the area he’s supposed to throw to, it will be covered by the time it gets thrown.

I think it’s kind of an extension of the issue he had last season. Remember the “Tua doesn’t know what is NFL open, only Alabama open” argument?

He countered that by quickly processing what is happening and throwing to the spot before the receiver is truly open, trusting that his guy is going to be there before the DB.

What it seems teams are doing now is flooding the spot where he’s supposed to throw to before the receiver gets there. DBs are also very physical with our WRs, essentially messing up their timing and positioning so that they’re not at their usual spots.

He sees the cues to throw it to the spot, but once the ball gets there the DBs are covering the area and the receivers are slightly off of their marks.

Honestly, I think the offense is going to have to counter that again by just reverting back somewhat to what our offense last year used to do, which is rely on the short passing game, checkdown frequently, throw it to the flats more often and try the occasional bomb until teams back away from the middle of the field. Might have to rework the progressions on some plays so that they prioritize other areas of the field.

I’m just not sure why this change hasn’t been implemented yet, may be too steep a learning curve in such a short time, or they chalked up the niners game up to a fluke and thought things would get back to normal.
Yup, also
1 ****ing catch by our running backs

Inexcusable when the defense is playing deep and the linebackers are dropping deep on pass plays

He HAD an opportunity. He blew it. He didn’t just blow it, he blew it in spectacular fashion. Everyone who doubted Tua now has ammunition because he failed in exactly the manner they said he would. Worse, he failed spectacularly when he was playing well, when it looked like he’d figured it out; he went 60 to 0 in no time flat.

He can have 10 straight really good regular season home games now and I wouldn’t trust his play because he won’t show up the one game we really need him.

It’s like the significant other you catch cheating on you. You may love them and forgive them and take them back, but you’re a fool to trust them absolutely.
No, your coach failed you. Wake up! What happen when Bridge water came in or Skylar for that matter? MD has a problem adjusting he is just slow to address problems in games.

Tua throws mostly to the middle of the field for reasons that we have discussed at great lengths. If you take away the middle of the field and add a nominal pass rush and boom a sputtering offense.

Now there are two solutions to the problem, either throw the ball on deep outs or have a power running game that reduces hybrid coverage schemes.

Underneath. If defenses are dropping linebackers back 5-10 yards further than normal screens and quick passes to the back should murder teams however we just kept trying to hit the long ball, so frustrating

Tua throws mostly to the middle of the field for reasons that we have discussed at great lengths. If you take away the middle of the field and add a nominal pass rush and boom a sputtering offense.

Now there are two solutions to the problem, either throw the ball on deep outs or have a power running game that reduces hybrid coverage schemes.
Def coordinators are now wanting to see if Tua’s arm can get the ball outside the hashes

MCD better start getting our backs involved in the short passing game..

When those LB's drop back to cover the middle, we gotta be able to run the ball effectively so they start attacking the line again. Tua actually running turned out to be effective. He and McDaniel have to be willing to do that more just to keep the defense honest.

Def coordinators are now wanting to see if Tua’s arm can get the ball outside the hashes

MCD better start getting our backs involved in the short passing game..
Hills 60 yard TD was outside the hashes and it was an easy one. No bumps on the line, straight go route. Should have been playing that much more as opposed to sending Hill on quick slants through the zone.

On offense Tua is a spot thrower... cover the spot and add pressure up front and there you go.... 3 and out.

On defense... give your opponent 40 minutes TOP and even a blind squirrel can find a nut.
The defense shockingly played well enough to get a victory the past two weeks. It’s lack of complimentary football by the offense that is causing this travesty. Yes we gave up some drives but the offense simply cannot possess the ball long enough to give the defense a better opportunity. We literally haven’t ran a play in opponent territory for quarters at a time in both games. This is on the OFFENSE right now.

Back
Top Bottom