So, offense, what happened? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So, offense, what happened?

It seemed like LA was very physical with our receivers all game and got away with it. Were they just lucky the refs let it go? Is it the blueprint and you dare the refs to throw the flag on every play? Can we run some legal pick plays to break this up?

Defenses have adjusted, time to see if McDaniel and Tua are truly the duo that is the answer for Miami.

Next week, if it's snowing, it's going to be a shitshow game, so not expecting much but the next 3 games after that I hope to see some type of radical, positive, adjustment.

For me, it seems like McDaniel has gone a bit Kellen Moore and gunho on the passing game, and the medium to deep game at that. I know the offensive line isn't a bunch of maulers but at the same time we do need to establish a run game. Not only to keep the defense guessing but to give the Miami defense a breather too.

The lack of tight ends in the passing game too in my opinion is becoming a huge negative as they are a useless 11th man in the passing game. Smythe, at least is a competent run blocker but him and Gesicki are invisible in the passing game. We know Gesicki has his pros and cons, but he is a good receiving TE. So, to me, that's on the coaches for not adjusting their gameplan slightly to get him more involved. We only franchised him and too away 11mil of cap to be a...decoy?

If the defense is pressing and being physical they can always do presnap motion so the defender can't get a clean press on Waddle or Hill.

30 points in first half of Houston game. 34 points since. In 2 and 1/2 games. Need to turn the switch back on.

Doesn’t help that everytime we hit the an we get a roughing the passer yet our wr run with dbs anchored to them with no call

This passing game needs the running game to operate effectively. Keeping defenses guessing and linebackers on their heels. Our complete refusal to implement and stick qith a running game to open up the pass has allowed defenses to just sit back and defend the pass and dare us to run.

You’d have to ask our “genius” HC.

Looks to me like he’s been figured out and has no idea how to respond. In a make or break moment he’s as clueless as Cam Cameron.

There are other problems but right now McDaniel and Boyer are the biggest issues with the team.

Ever since the bye, our O has sucked. What happened? Is it all Tua? Has he just missed throws? Gotten confused by the looks the defense is giving him? Is it McDaniel not scheming well? Do we just have no weapons beyond Hill and Waddle and we are now getting exposed?

On O, 2 people are 80% of the problem - Mcd and TT.
Mcd REFUSES to change his play-calling. A play hasn't worked for 2 quarters. 'Well. it will work this time.' I've said this elsewhere - no slants, no rubs, no RBs leaking 5-7 yds downfield, no rolling TT out, . . . He has 3-4 pass plays that he thinks will work. I keep going back to Purdy. Shanahan called plays that countered the D scheme. Not a difficult concept. Mcd needs to swallow his pride and hire an OC. I still think he has the potential to be a top HC, but at some point this rookie HC needs to stop making rookie mistakes. At some point 'mistakes' become a 'pattern.'
TT has been awful, even excluding the D scheme. How many times did he throw into triple/quadruple coverage? That's not on Mcd. How many times has he mised a receiver by 5 yds? That's not play-calling. What has changed? No idea,
BTW, is TT allowed to call audibles? Have he and his receivers been taught the basics of 'hot read?'

Tua is playing like crap, but he has an opportunity to once and for all silence the haters. Go into Buffalo on a short week, play in Bad weather and come out on top. I believe this can happen this week. I refuse to dwell on the last 2 games đź’Ş
Fantasyland,Buffalo by

“We knew he loved to throw inside the hashes," Chargers linebacker Drue Tranquill said. "He was gonna try to get Tyreek and Jaylen (Waddle) in on those dagger routes, so we definitely packed the middle a little bit and forced him to try to throw it outside.”
Pretty simple. Cant believe it took McD until the 4th quarter to make adjustments. All we have to do is throw it to the sideline or in the flats. Any ball that went to the middle had 4 DBs around it. Just plain stupid.

Pretty simple. Cant believe it took McD until the 4th quarter to make adjustments. All we have to do is throw it to the sideline or in the flats. Any ball that went to the middle had 4 DBs around it. Just plain stupid.
They finally threw an out route in the 4th quarter and Waddle got about 25 yards on it.

Our? Did you forget which account you were posting with?
Our, or your likely more of a typo not typing in the y or the autofill changing it to a our instead of your. Now I am on the computer so you likely will see posts with no "e" unless I catch it my work computer has issues with the E and R and my IT has not gotten me a new keyboard yet

Our offense was a gimmick. We did something well (throwing over the middle) that is dangerous so a lot of teams don’t do it nearly as much as we did. We were so successful at that that we ignored development of our run game, screen game, and outside passing game. Now defenses have figured out a way to take away our bread and butter, we don’t have the obvious answers to make them pay for doing that and our quarterback gets discouraged too easily and loses all confidence in everything else when the thing he does best doesn’t work.

Back
Top Bottom