So, Where Do We Look When (if) Gase Goes? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So, Where Do We Look When (if) Gase Goes?

'Deep

Club Member
Reaction score
If at some point Adam is canned, where would Miami look to as his replacement? He's here thru the rest of '18, but if we come out soft next year and Ross dumps him, who would we look to, to take over?

If the team and fan base is not going to be patient and not give a coach time to grow through the ups and downs they need to stop hiring head coaches with no previous head coaching experience. I think it's silly to hire an inexperienced person at any position and not expect some ups and downs. Sure you can point to a few coaches that won straight out the box, but usually there were other contributing circumstances.

If the team and fan base is not going to be patient and not give a coach time to grow through the ups and downs they need to stop hiring head coaches with no previous head coaching experience. I think it's silly to hire an inexperienced person at any position and not expect some ups and downs. Sure you can point to a few coaches that won straight out the box, but usually there were other contributing circumstances.

There’s been no growth with Gase. Our offense is the lowest rank that it has ever been. Gase was supposed to be this offensive guru so after 3 years, what’s the excuse? Gase got the job based on a lie; Peyton Manning! Gase fans bring up his 1st season playoffs. That’s means very little! Basically took a team someone else built to the playoffs. Our offense now is worse than when Philbin was the HC and Philbin sucked.

There’s been no growth with Gase. Our offense is the lowest rank that it has ever been. Gase was supposed to be this offensive guru so after 3 years, what’s the excuse? Gase got the job based on a lie; Peyton Manning! Gase fans bring up his 1st season playoffs. That’s means very little! Basically took a team someone else built to the playoffs. Our offense now is worse than when Philbin was the HC and Philbin sucked.
this

Regardless of if you are pro or anti keeping Gase, my point is these ups and downs are going to happen with inexperienced coaches so if you're not willing to ride the waves it's best to hire someone with experience. Look at Miami's record with coaches that had previous head coaching experience vs those that didn't. It's pretty telling.

Gase will be fired if he doesn’t start adjusting. If he doesn’t it’s just a matter of if it’s next year or 2020 when he gets the pink slip.

I would look for a coach that will make Miami a more physical. One of the issues with Gasy is the physicality. When Dan Campbell was out interim coach, I liked the toughness that he brought. That’s exactly what this team needs.

Back
Top Bottom