Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Anyone but Wanny!

Votes: 32 41.6%
  • Stay with Wanny

Votes: 5 6.5%

• Total voters
Originally posted by ajdoggie
Any votes for Pete Carroll? NOT

Actually that's my #2 pick, but it's conditional.

1-Jimmy Johnson
2-Pete Carroll if & only if Norm Chow comes with him
---------------------------------------------------------------------
If not either of those I'd like to try someone new(not restricted to this list).
3-Bob Stoops, if he wins the NC this year he may leave
4-Nick Ferentz of Iowa
5-Al Saunders, Chiefs' O-coord

Charlie Weis, New England's O-coord
Gary Kubiak, Denver's O-Coord

Thankfully nobody has mentioned Tom Coughlin, that would be a horrible mistake.

Here's another one. Probably would utilize Ricky, Randy, and Chambers the best. Gil Haskell Seattle O coordinator. Unfortunately a bit late to start as a head coach. He is 60.

Dennis Green is a good choice though. Has lots of wins in his career and 2 visits to the championship game. Let him draft our round 1 pick and let Spielman do the rest. He really can make our offense explode.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the fascination with Dennis Green? He'd be no better than Wannstedt. The Vikings made the playoffs 5 out of the first 6 years Green was coach, and it wasn't until that 6th year they finally won a playoff game. Then in '98 his Vikings are 15-1 and should have been a shoe-in for the SB, but they lost at home to the Falcons. The Falcons!
In '00 his Vikings got shut out in the conference playoffs 41-0 to the Giants, who then got the crap beat out of them by the Ravens in the SB. Green's last season with the Vikings he had lost control and the respect of his team, much like Wannstedt is doing now. This is the guy some of you want to replace Wannstedt?

There are better candidates than Green out there.

One is Cowher. He may be sack after this season. Very experienced coach who has taken his team to the AFC Championship 4 times and SB once. Those Steeler teams are not great ones. The one that went to the SB was a good but not great one as well. Refer to the Browns game last year in the playoffs. He kept them in it to win. He almost beat the Titans as well.

I think serious consideration should be given to the winningest coach in NFL history, Don Shula

Coaching is not the problem. How different is this Dolphins team from any in the last ten or more years? The Dolphins just aren't winning on field goals anymore. Seems to me that the only constant has been unrealistic expectations and a subsequent lack of results.

Charlie Weis of NE. I will back him for as long as it takes to get him this Job. Enough of the college Coaches talk, look at how little success they have had recently!!!!
Dennis Erickson, Butch Davis, Spurrier, they have all struggled big time. Go with a proven NFL OC. Weis...Weis....Weis....

Originally posted by dolfan25
After Shula was fired there was a list of who was most likely to replace him. Obviously Jimmy was 1st on that list and he got the job. Then Spurrier had the next best chance, I don't think he would've worked out. Third and the person who would be my first choice now but I'm not sure if he would come back is Joe Gibbs. Give him an offensive line and a back like Ricky with this D and the Fins will go far. He won 3 SB's with 3 average to above average qb's, but a great offensive line and a great running game.

Dolfan25, I might be wong, but if I remember correctly Joe Gibbs was coaching a team without a Salary Cap. He had all-pro players as backups to their all-pro starters. Money was not an issue so he had them signed for many years.

Don't think he did much in wining games as a coach when the NFL aquired the Salary Cap. He had to dump alot of great players that went and did well on other teams...

I could be wrong, but that is as much as I can remember. Can anyone else contribute to this and correct me if I am wrong?

I am Keeping the "Faith!"

GOOO FFIINZ!

:)

Originally posted by Disnardo

Dolfan25, I might be wong, but if I remember correctly Joe Gibbs was coaching a team without a Salary Cap. He had all-pro players as backups to their all-pro starters. Money was not an issue so he had them signed for many years.

Don't think he did much in wining games as a coach when the NFL aquired the Salary Cap. He had to dump alot of great players that went and did well on other teams...

I could be wrong, but that is as much as I can remember. Can anyone else contribute to this and correct me if I am wrong?

I am Keeping the "Faith!"

GOOO FFIINZ!

:)

Joe Gibbs retired after the '92 season, well before the NFL installed a salary cap. He retired because he always wanted to get into racing and he had already won 3 SBs with the Redskins so there was nothing more for him to accomplish.

I say Kubiak, the OC in Denver. He knows alot about how to build an offense and get the most out of a running game. As a former player (qb) he could go into the draft and trade up to get Eli Manning to start building our offense back up around him, Ricky, McMichals and Chambers. I think he is waiting to take over the reigns in Denver, but Miami could just make the offer $$ to pry him away.

Back
Top Bottom