So Williams listed as questionable? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So Williams listed as questionable?

Lots of you show a glaring distrust of Flo and his staff. Some are even dismissing the actual injury situation and make it sound like he’s injured all over again.

If Williams loses his roster spot, he’ll be gone. As of right now he’s the only tall, solid receiver who has proven himself in games, on the roster, besides the frequently naggingly-injured DVP. He’s NOT a starter, but Flo said if he wanted to, he’d be comfortable playing Williams, health-wise. That speaks to the team taking their time to make damn sure he fully recovers from a very long recovering injury.

At his salary cost compared to his production, even missing as many games as he has, he’s still valuable. He will make some crucial plays for us this year.

I had a lis franc fracture years ago. It was excruciatingly painful. I was on crutches for 4 months. In a walking boot for 6 months. It was probably a year before I could walk without any discomfort. Because it's an injury to joints that's not supposed to move, there's not much therapy you can do to speed up recovery. Only thing that heals it is time.

If Williams had a lis franc fracture, then no wonder he's been out so long. The good news is that once it's completely healed, there should be no long term affects.

Last edited:
It's really unfortunate that he can't get on the field, because when he's healthy, he's dominant, and a match up nightmare to 80% of DBs.

A 6'5 receiver that has some speed, is pretty good running routes, and is just a bit more concentration away from being perfect at catching everything thrown his way, is not good to see if your an O-coordinator.

Unless Willians makes a dramatic recovery, and has a stellar season, I agree he is going to have very small odds of still being on the team next year
The assertion he is dominant against 80% of DBs is not true.

In the 8 games last year, he made more than 2 receptions in a game 2 times, logging 4 twice against SF and AZ. The primary DBs covering him were a "practice squad" player getting his only action of the year due to injuries and a "special teams" player getting his only action at DB due to injuries.

I would like him to be a nightmare matchup to 80% of DBs, but that has not been the case yet.

I had a lis franc fracture years ago. It was excruciatingly painful. I was on crutches for 4 months. In a walking boot for 6 months. It was probably a year before I could walk without any discomfort. Because it's an injury to joints that's not supposed to move, there's not much therapy you can do to speed up recovery. Only thing that heals it is time.

If Williams had a lis franc fracture, then no wonder he's been out so long.
He did, that was finally confirmed.

Lots of you show a glaring distrust of Flo and his staff. Some are even dismissing the actual injury situation and make it sound like he’s injured all over again.

If Williams loses his roster spot, he’ll be gone. As of right now he’s the only tall, solid receiver who has proven himself in games, on the roster, besides the frequently naggingly-injured DVP. He’s NOT a starter, but Flo said if he wanted to, he’d be comfortable playing Williams, health-wise. That speaks to the team taking their time to make damn sure he fully recovers from a very long recovering injury.

At his salary cost compared to his production, even missing as many games as he has, he’s still valuable. He will make some crucial plays for us this year.
I hated to bring up Glass Parker in a thread about Williams but since you did we all know he is about 1 football qtr. away from injury also if history tells us anything. If nothing else he will slip on a banana peel coming out of the Pats visitor locker room at half and be out 6 weeks.

I wish they would have just put him on the IR to start the season and kept Perry. Give him extra time to heal. By the time he comes back, someone else would be injured

It's really unfortunate that he can't get on the field, because when he's healthy, he's dominant, and a match up nightmare to 80% of DBs.

A 6'5 receiver that has some speed, is pretty good running routes, and is just a bit more concentration away from being perfect at catching everything thrown his way, is not good to see if your an O-coordinator.

Unless Willians makes a dramatic recovery, and has a stellar season, I agree he is going to have very small odds of still being on the team next year
Dominant?? That’s a stretch. He’s ruined games with his consistent drops. I’m lost what you guys see in this player who’s never healthy

I hated to bring up Glass Parker in a thread about Williams but since you did we all know he is about 1 football qtr. away from injury also if history tells us anything. If nothing else he will slip on a banana peel coming out of the Pats visitor locker room at half and be out 6 weeks.
Yep…he’s the one with an injury history that causes concern…doesn’t take care of his body, etc. Williams had 2 season-enders, one of which was fluke’ish. He doesn’t have the glass rep that DVP does, but you’d think his was worse by what some have stated. Not concerned unless he has another…I deflect to the coaches, who obviously believe in him.

My understanding is that he has a lis franc injury. Those take a long time to recover from. The average NFL return for that injury is 11 months. Most likely he is not re-injured but rather he seems to be trying to return rather quickly.
Obviously they take longer than having a dislocated hip, which normally takes 18-24 months to recover from. Because Tua was able to play is a shorter period of time than Williams has been out with this injury.

Yep…he’s the one with an injury history that causes concern…doesn’t take care of his body, etc. Williams had 2 season-enders, one of which was fluke’ish. He doesn’t have the glass rep that DVP does, but you’d think his was worse by what some have stated. Not concerned unless he has another…I deflect to the coaches, who obviously believe in him.
Williams has been on the team for 2 years and ended up on IR both seasons. He wasn’t able to practice or play during pre season and he is listed on the injury list this week. Yet he doesn’t have a glass rep? I guess I have no idea what it takes to have a glass rep then.

Parker has been with the Dolphins 6 years and missed 13 games over those 6 years because of injury. .Williams has been with the Dolphins 2 years and missed 16 games injured.

I wish they would have just put him on the IR to start the season and kept Perry. Give him extra time to heal. By the time he comes back, someone else would be injured
If they put him on ir prior to the 53 man roster deadline he would have had to sitout the entire year. I think once he's ready to go, hopefully sooner than later he's in a better position to have an impact on a team than Malcolm Perry would have been. If Perry was on the roster he would be the number 3 slot wr behind Waddle and Wilson.

Williams has been on the team for 2 years and ended up on IR both seasons. He wasn’t able to practice or play during pre season and he is listed on the injury list this week. Yet he doesn’t have a glass rep? I guess I have no idea what it takes to have a glass rep then.

Parker has been with the Dolphins 6 years and missed 13 games over those 6 years because of injury. .Williams has been with the Dolphins 2 years and missed 16 games injured.
DVP has started a whole lot less that that, when he was our #1 receiver…nursing soft-tissue injuries. His only full season he notched over 1200 yards…no other season was close to 1000. He has averaged 700 yds a season because there is always some nagging injury keeping from being a full-go….in, like you said, 6 years. That is a hell of a lot more established track record than PW’s, especially when you consider how flukey his last injury was.

He averages 9 starts a season over 6 years…

I will be extremely surprised if he is still on the Dolphins next year. He is inconsistent as a receiver when he is on the field, but his biggest issue is actually getting and staying on the field because he is always injured. As Parcells stated, “ availability is the best ability”.

Hopefully whatever the issue is with his foot is something he can overcome and he can contribute on offense this year.
In a way, it's a make or break year for him. At least with Miami. If he can't stay healthy, Flores will move on.

Back
Top Bottom