So Williams listed as questionable? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So Williams listed as questionable?

The assertion he is dominant against 80% of DBs is not true.

In the 8 games last year, he made more than 2 receptions in a game 2 times, logging 4 twice against SF and AZ. The primary DBs covering him were a "practice squad" player getting his only action of the year due to injuries and a "special teams" player getting his only action at DB due to injuries.

I would like him to be a nightmare matchup to 80% of DBs, but that has not been the case yet.
Last year he was working his way back from a torn ACL, and didn't begin to resemble a shadow of himself until the week he injured the foot.

The assertion he is dominant against 80% of DBs is not true.

In the 8 games last year, he made more than 2 receptions in a game 2 times, logging 4 twice against SF and AZ. The primary DBs covering him were a "practice squad" player getting his only action of the year due to injuries and a "special teams" player getting his only action at DB due to injuries.

I would like him to be a nightmare matchup to 80% of DBs, but that has not been the case yet.
Maybe Dominant is a strong word, as well as a bit of an exaggeration, and with the 80% of the corners, I actually meant 80% of the chances he got, he succeeded, or made plays, but in the 1st two years of his career, when not injured, he managed to be the go to guy for Fitz, and then the go to guy for Tua.

In 2019 he had 32 receptions in 8 games for an average of 4 rec a game for 14.3 yards a reception and 3 TDs.

In 2020 he was playing still not quite 100%, yet averaged about 2 receptions a game for an average of 16 yards a reception.

In his career, he has managed 3 receptions or more in 9 of 16 games, and averaged double figure average for yards 12 times.

As far as who he has done it too, in 2019 when he was mostly healthy he had...

1. A 3 rec for 24 yards 1 TD game against the Ravens,

2. A 4 rec for 63 yard game against the well coached Patriots.

3. 4 yards for 68 yard game against the Cowboys.

4. 4 rec for 46 yards against the Chargers.

5. 2 rec for 31 yards against the at the time team known as the Redskins.

6. 6 rec for 82 yards against the Bills

7. 4 reception for 42 yards against the Steelers.

8. 5 rec for 72 yards, and 2 TDs against the Jets.

Some of those teams were pretty well coached on defense with some talent.

He is not a superstar player, but when healthy, he is a play maker, you can't deny that. If he could stay healthy, and be a bit more consistent, he could be a top receiver.

Last edited:
Maybe Dominant is a strong word, as well as a bit of an exaggeration, and with the 80% of the corners, I actually meant 80% of the chances he got, he succeeded, or made plays, but in the 1st two years of his career, when not injured, he managed to be the go to guy for Fitz, and then the go to guy for Tua.

In 2019 he had 32 receptions in 9 games for an average of 4 rec a game for 14.3 yards a reception and 3 TDs.

In 2020 he was playing still not quite 100%, yet averaged about 2 receptions a game for an average of 16 yards a reception.

In his career, he has managed 3 receptions or more in 9 of 17 games, and averaged double figure average for yards 12 times.

5. 2 rec 31 yards against the Chargers

6. 2 rec for 31 yards against the at the time team known as the Redskins.

7. 6 rec for 82 yards against the Bills

8. 4 reception for 42 yards against the Steelers.

9. 5 rec for 72 yards, and 2 TDs against the Jets.

He is not a superstar player, but when healthy, he is a play maker, you can't deny that. If he could stay healthy, and be a bit more consistent, he could be a top receiver.
But let's just cut him because he's had two serious injuries in his first two years in the league.

He's holding up a spot that could go to All Pro Malcolm Perry (or some other equally fringe player).

I mean wtf is wrong with these people?

Dominant?? That’s a stretch. He’s ruined games with his consistent drops. I’m lost what you guys see in this player who’s never healthy
Health aside, I actually can't actually see how you miss the production in games he has, when he's able to play.

Does he have a concentration problem, and can be inconsistent at times, sure, but he still managed to be the go to guy for Fitz and then Tua before each time getting injured...That has count for something, doesn't it?

But let's just cut him because he's had two serious injuries in his first two years in the league.

He's holding up a spot that could go to All Pro Malcolm Perry (or some other equally fringe player).

I mean wtf is wrong with these people?
People see what they want to see...I have no clue.

Last year he was working his way back from a torn ACL, and didn't begin to resemble a shadow of himself until the week he injured the foot.
The week he injured his foot was the week he was matched up against a special teams player getting his only action as a DB.

That doesn’t equate to dominating and being a nightmare matchup for 80% of DBs.

You can rationalize it but it doesn’t align with reality.

Shadow of himself? He looked last year similar to his rookie year.

In 2019 he had 32 receptions in 8 games for an average of 4 rec a game for 14.3 yards a reception and 3 TDs.

In his career, he has managed 3 receptions or more in 9 of 16 games, and averaged double figure average for yards 12 times.

5. 2 rec for 31 yards against the at the time team known as the Redskins.

6. 6 rec for 82 yards against the Bills

7. 4 reception for 42 yards against the Steelers.

8. 5 rec for 72 yards, and 2 TDs against the Jets.

You forgot to include he only caught 53.3% of passes targeted him, and 2 fumbles.

I thought he was going to be dominant his rookie year. X gave him high praise in camp.

His first preseason game he looked dominant. He even made Josh Rosen look good making 3 exceptional catches. Unfortunately that was his best showing.

He is sloppy in technique, jumps to basket catch balls he doesn’t need to, drops passes, loses his footing, and hasn’t been able to stay on the field.

I would enjoy him becoming dominant wearing a Dolphin uniform, but that isn’t the case, yet.

I see Preston listed as questionable. I should not be surprised but dang we haven't even played yet. I gave him till week 2 to get injured. I was too generous
Pretty sure it's the same injury as last year. It's just one where there's no way to rush the healing.

Pretty sure it's the same injury as last year. It's just one where there's no way to rush the healing.
It usually takes over 11 months to heal from this injury, for football players…according U.S. Health / National Library of Medicine.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27166291/

Further, it can take up to 12.5 months to return, he injured it in November and has practiced on a limited basis already. He’s actually ahead of the timeline by a little bit.

Cut the guy a break, damn.

Last edited:
Every one of our recievers outside Hollins have proven injury prone. Parker, Waddle Fuller appear the most talented followed by Wilson, Williams and then Grant and Hollins. Taking age compensation along with these injury issues into consideration expecting Fuller, Wilson and Grant back next year is niave. Bowden has Perry's skill set and more. So that gets us back next year to Waddle, Parker, Williams, Bowden, Hollins. That leaves one slot.. Do we resign a vet or draft new blood.

The week he injured his foot was the week he was matched up against a special teams player getting his only action as a DB.

That doesn’t equate to dominating and being a nightmare matchup for 80% of DBs.

You can rationalize it but it doesn’t align with reality.

Shadow of himself? He looked last year similar to his rookie year.
i never said he was dominating, nightmare matchup, any of those things.

i'm just conversing in the thread.

to my eyes, when he went 4 for 60 and a touchdown in a little over a quarter (with Tua), he looked like he was first beginning to start feeling like himself again.

He tore his ACL the first week of November, 2019.

We played the Cardinals on November 8th, 2020.

that was just 12 months removed from the injury.

unless you are adrian peterson, you usually don't look like you're all the way back to your old self until the season after the year you return (which would have been this season).

You forgot to include he only caught 53.3% of passes targeted him, and 2 fumbles.

I thought he was going to be dominant his rookie year. X gave him high praise in camp.

His first preseason game he looked dominant. He even made Josh Rosen look good making 3 exceptional catches. Unfortunately that was his best showing.

He is sloppy in technique, jumps to basket catch balls he doesn’t need to, drops passes, loses his footing, and hasn’t been able to stay on the field.

I would enjoy him becoming dominant wearing a Dolphin uniform, but that isn’t the case, yet.

No, I agree, he is very inconsistent, but his issues is less about talent, and more about concentration...When a key play was needed, more times then not, he did step up.

Back
Top Bottom