so you still think ryan tannehills not the top target in the draft... | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

so you still think ryan tannehills not the top target in the draft...

Isn't that the same thing a lot of fans said about some guy named Quinn @ #9 a few years ago????

hect, quinn was a better prospect than tannehill but here we are, about to take a 2nd round prospect with a top 10 pick...

Isn't that the same thing a lot of fans said about some guy named Quinn @ #9 a few years ago????
Man I hope so, really about time the Fins took a QB in the 1st round. Take a chance on Tannehill, if you fail fair enough but there are many 1st round picks that have failed over the years, if you don't swing you don't hit.

Find, scout, evaluate guys you like who fit the system you run. Who cares where others have them valued? If you like a guy, and think he's 'the guy' it doesn't matter where the hell you take them.

Get lots of talented players that fit your system and you know what people will say about where you drafted them?

Nothing.

Rodgers was drafted with 25th pick in the first round and analysts were saying he was a reach and potential bust. GB had the last laugh.

hect, quinn was a better prospect than tannehill but here we are, about to take a 2nd round prospect with a top 10 pick...

it's hard to compare what would have happened had Quinn gone somewhere other than Cleveland. He was a bit overrated because he was a Notre Dame QB, but there were things to like about him. It's not really Cleveland's fault that Quinn ended up being more interested in lifting weights than improving as a player, or that after he hurt his hand that he would be afraid to even look to throw a ball downfield... or that Eric Mangini hated him.

A lot of times a player's development has just as much to do with how the organization is ran. Not saying guys like Tim Couch or David Carr would have become franchise QBs, but a lot of experts point out how they spent their first few years running for their lives and it killed their confidence. I dunno about Couch, but compare how David Carr played his first few years with Houston (full of confidence and playing tough despite getting killed on a weekly basis) to his one year with Carolina (as soon as he even saw a defender, he would just drop to the grown so he wouldn't get hit). Hell, you can argue that Sparano and Henning played a part in Henne not developing since they didn't trust him as their QB. And on the flipside, a guy like Eli Manning was not viewed very favorably his first few years in New York, but Coughlin and Jerry Reese did a nice job building around him and building up his confidence. Same with the Packers with Rodgers, and the Falcons with Ryan.

Not saying that if we get Tannehill and he fails it's not because he sucked, but development is not a one sided affair.

it's hard to compare what would have happened had Quinn gone somewhere other than Cleveland. He was a bit overrated because he was a Notre Dame QB, but there were things to like about him. It's not really Cleveland's fault that Quinn ended up being more interested in lifting weights than improving as a player, or that after he hurt his hand that he would be afraid to even look to throw a ball downfield... or that Eric Mangini hated him.

A lot of times a player's development has just as much to do with how the organization is ran. Not saying guys like Tim Couch or David Carr would have become franchise QBs, but a lot of experts point out how they spent their first few years running for their lives and it killed their confidence. I dunno about Couch, but compare how David Carr played his first few years with Houston (full of confidence and playing tough despite getting killed on a weekly basis) to his one year with Carolina (as soon as he even saw a defender, he would just drop to the grown so he wouldn't get hit). Hell, you can argue that Sparano and Henning played a part in Henne not developing since they didn't trust him as their QB. And on the flipside, a guy like Eli Manning was not viewed very favorably his first few years in New York, but Coughlin and Jerry Reese did a nice job building around him and building up his confidence. Same with the Packers with Rodgers, and the Falcons with Ryan.

Not saying that if we get Tannehill and he fails it's not because he sucked, but development is not a one sided affair.
Agree 100% with this, this is why I feel having Philbin and Sherman here now makes this the time to invest heavily in a QB, they will develop him the right way.

I love how people take college games and just transpose this as how they will be in the pros.

Eli Manning wasnt exactly blowing it up. In fact, I remember lots of people saying he would never come close to peyton. dude has one more ring than his brother in less time in.

You know......what many of you forget is that the Dolphins were in a unique position this year to have more information and knowledge of Flynn and Tannehill than any other team this year.

Our OC, former Green Bay head coach Mike Sherman was Tannehill's head coach in college....if he loves him I'm ok with taking this risk...I'm very high on Tannehill.

I would rather draft best player available that can help asap.. there is no other qb after first 2 are gone worth number 1 pick or will beat out mat moore. look at viking and jags they both will be looking for qb in 2013 because they draft two bust...

Leinart was a better prospect then Quinn. It really does not matter other then can he QB start in the NFL. I think Philbin and Sherman both think Tannehill can be a starter regardless of where he gets picked.

Teams are now forced to reach for QB. Everyone knows Ponder was not worth a first round grade. I think Tannehill is better then both Locker and Ponder.

Leinart was a better prospect then Quinn. It really does not matter other then can he QB start in the NFL. I think Philbin and Sherman both think Tannehill can be a starter regardless of where he gets picked.

Teams are now forced to reach for QB. Everyone knows Ponder was not worth a first round grade. I think Tannehill is better then both Locker and Ponder.

Disagree: Ponder flew up the boards, alot of people around here wanted us to take him and thought if he was there @ #15 we would have taken him.
Agree : Tannehill can be better than both Locker and Ponder, both of whom played pretty well their rookie year, in limited action.

Tannehill was never a 2nd round prospect, people had been saying he'll be playing on sundays since late 2010.... and every draftnik rates him as a 1st rounder, possibly elite talent.... your just chugging that haterade for some reason. I'm already prepared for your **** fit on Apr. 26th.:lol:

Tannehill was never a 2nd round prospect, people had been saying he'll be playing on sundays since late 2010.... and every draftnik rates him as a 1st rounder, possibly elite talent.... your just chugging that haterade for some reason. I'm already prepared for your **** fit on Apr. 26th.:lol:

now you're just spreading bs

Back
Top Bottom