so you still think ryan tannehills not the top target in the draft... | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

so you still think ryan tannehills not the top target in the draft...

After watching some highlights of him playing for a&m. I really don't want this kid.

I agree with that. He throws a lot of floaters and makes poor decisions. I'm not sold on him at all. I would rather take Weeden, that guy's put up some numbers, monster games, monster throws over multiple seasons. He's the real deal.

After watching some highlights of him playing for a&m. I really don't want this kid.

some ? the more you watch, the more you like.... i'll assume you watched the LSU game.

your not alone. When aaron rodgers declared for the draft you knew what you were gettin if u got him, a rare talent that needed to be groomed for years before taking over. With tannenhill i think he is no different than henne-moore-guarard, i just dont see that upgrade that we are looking for in him. I see it in weeden but weeden is very old to be taken in the 1st round. I'd go with richardson/claiborne and take a sure elite talent.

1st of all Tannehill's talent is rarer, and he played in a pro-system.... he's been a projected first round pick for a long time now.... if you liked Rodgers than you should like Tannehill. Rodgers was far from a sure thing, like you said. And Claiborne/Richardson wont be there when we pick... dream on ! Besides, drafting a RB that high would be a waste in this offense. Sparano and Daboll are gone, bud. This is the West coast offense we're drafting for now.

Tannehill and Weeden are both good. Take either one whichever comes first. tannehill surely did not look like Moore or Gerrard in the Baylor game against RG3.

some ? the more you watch, the more you like.... i'll assume you watched the LSU game.

1st of all Tannehill's talent is rarer, and he played in a pro-system.... he's been a projected first round pick for a long time now.... if you liked Rodgers than you should like Tannehill. Rodgers was far from a sure thing, like you said. And Claiborne/Richardson wont be there when we pick... dream on ! Besides, drafting a RB that high would be a waste in this offense. Sparano and Daboll are gone, bud. This is the West coast offense we're drafting for now.

lol at this WCO everyone seems to be dreaming off, dolphins arent built for it. It could take years before u see anything resemble a WCO in miami, philbin will have to win with what he has now and make it work.Trent richardson a waste? cant believe u'd say that lol, to run a wco offense u need a great accurate passer like aaron rodgers. Matt moore, david garrard, or even the great tannehill arent that qb who could do that for us. I watch the tape on tannehill, hes not your most accurate qb, has decent accuracy but not aaron rodgers type. Take in the fact that we also dont have very athletic wrs like the pack into account and its pretty much a ?? at this point how in the hect the dolphins are going to have this great WCO offense. Lol

lol at this WCO everyone seems to be dreaming off, dolphins arent built for it. It could take years before u see anything resemble a WCO in miami, philbin will have to win with what he has now and make it work.Trent richardson a waste? cant believe u'd say that lol, to run a wco offense u need a great accurate passer like aaron rodgers. Matt moore, david garrard, or even the great tannehill arent that qb who could do that for us. I watch the tape on tannehill, hes not your most accurate qb, has decent accuracy but not aaron rodgers type. Take in the fact that we also dont have very athletic wrs like the pack into account and its pretty much a ?? at this point how in the hect the dolphins are going to have this great WCO offense. Lol

You. Don't. ****ing. Watch. Tape.

Stop saying that.

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

It also doesn't take long to implement the WCO. If you bring in the right players and draft the right prospects, then its flawless. And Richardson in the top 10 is a waste, Any RB in the 1st is a waste.

You guys gotta stop with the overblown media hype of QB's. Look what happened to Gabbert and Mallett last year. Both dropped significantly compared to their media created draft grade. Media talks up all QB's, it's what sells. And since Luck and RG3 are spoken for, Tannehill gets all the attention. Weeden is the best QB in this draft not named Luck. Period. Yes, I even think he's better than RG3.

You guys gotta stop with the overblown media hype of QB's. Look what happened to Gabbert and Mallett last year. Both dropped significantly compared to their media created draft grade. Media talks up all QB's, it's what sells. And since Luck and RG3 are spoken for, Tannehill gets all the attention. Weeden is the best QB in this draft not named Luck. Period. Yes, I even think he's better than RG3.

You do realize he went top 15 right?

Good for the redskins, but do you think Shanahan will be around long enough to enjoy the fruits of this trade up? It didn't save Spagnuolo's job after he picked up Bradford.

I don't see RG succeeding there but i like him allot _ i think he gets killed behind that Oline similar to the Houston QB who got hammered game after game prior to Schaub

3 individual game highlights and then some season highlights. So he had a bad game against LSU right? Well imagine what will happen against NFL secondaries.

(sarcasm font on) Look guys...we need a QB and a WR. Tanny can play both positions. No brainer. Gotta draft Tanny. He fills two needs with one pick. I bet he can return kicks and play safety too!!! I think this kid can be special (sarcasm font off)

It is what it is.

If Miami likes the guy and they have a shot at him, take him. Period. I'd be nice if they didn't have to trade up to grab him but the one thing the draft has taught us is the fact that no experts ever have all the angles worked out. Every single year people fall who are expected to go top 10 and people get picked several selections ahead of the predictions.

I am just hoping Miami gets a shot to draft the kid.

I have a question about the QB sitch,,,does our team hirring Garrad for a 1 year deal imply that we will NOT draft Weeden? From what I understand he is an NFL starter ready QB, which presents the question, Why would we have 2 backups signed to 1 year deals if we are going to draft a potential starting QB in the draft? I guess we could cut Garrard but to me it seems like we are honing in on a Tannehill or project QB draft strategy. IE: Drafting someone who will sit for a year and develop under our coaches....

I have a question about the QB sitch,,,does our team hirring Garrad for a 1 year deal imply that we will NOT draft Weeden? From what I understand he is an NFL starter ready QB, which presents the question, Why would we have 2 backups signed to 1 year deals if we are going to draft a potential starting QB in the draft? I guess we could cut Garrard but to me it seems like we are honing in on a Tannehill or project QB draft strategy. IE: Drafting someone who will sit for a year and develop under our coaches....

I don't think 1 year deals really imply anything. Too easy to get out of those deals or extend them as performance is good or bad.

I don't think that many Miami fans are in any doubt that we will take Tannehill if he is still there at 8. The question is - will he be there at 8?

Isn't that the same thing a lot of fans said about some guy named Quinn @ #9 a few years ago????

Back
Top Bottom