so you still think ryan tannehills not the top target in the draft... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

so you still think ryan tannehills not the top target in the draft...

i disagree, why draft him at #8 when u can draft him in the 2nd round and get something much better in the 1st. If someone else takes him weeden is still there in the 2nd.

If teams think he is a franchise QB, what makes you think he will be there in the 2nd? Also, what makes you think Weeden will be there in the second? The Eagles took a 28 year old guard in the first last year, why wouldn't a team take a 28 year old QB...?

1. I didn't say anything about Brandon Weeden.

2. You're kind of missing the part about "market valuation". You pay what the market dictates. If you believe the market is dictating 2nd round on Brandon Weeden, and you've decided he's the RIGHT guy for your football team, then you take Weeden right above what the market is willing to give for him.

How often are the dolphins going to get a top 10 pick? not very often, we might go years and years without seeing a top 15 pick again now that this team might get better under philbin. So missing on a talent like richardson/claiborne/blackmon in my opinion we will regret. Tannenhill is not is not 1st round market value, i dont know why people are buying the hype but if he was this great qb people are talking about he would be up there with luck and rg3 which clearly he is not.

Tannehill is gonna be our Markita Sanchita. Watch and see.:err:

I don't really remember Mallett being the consensus for us. Enduro had been saying for a long time Pouncey would be the pick. Otherwise, as the draft approached the 2 QBs I remember us being linked heavily to were Kapernick and Ponder. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure the general feeling (at least here) was still that Mark Ingram was still the favorite to be our pick (hell, the entire time we were on the clock, they kept the camera on Ingram the whole damn time). Really the only reason people speculated Mallett was because we were constantly checking out DJ Williams (that and CK made his TV debut analyzing Mallett)

Brady Quinn, yeah things pointed to him, but the evidence towards Tannehill is so big.

If Tannehill is there, the only players that make me hesitate taking him are Trent Richardson, Justin Blackmon, Morris Claiborne, and Luke Kuechley. I would be stunned if Richardson, Blackmon, or Claiborne are available.

Amen. I love what the Redskins did... to them there were two studs at QB in the draft and said 'come hell or high water we're getting one. Enough of the BS.' I hope it works out for them.

Good for the redskins, but do you think Shanahan will be around long enough to enjoy the fruits of this trade up? It didn't save Spagnuolo's job after he picked up Bradford.

Good for the redskins, but do you think Shanahan will be around long enough to enjoy the fruits of this trade up? It didn't save Spagnuolo's job after he picked up Bradford.

Ye but i think half the board would want Bradford to be our QB..............

I doubt we pass on him if he's there at 8, but I won't be happy about it. Tannehill is by far the most raw "top 10" QB prospect I have seen come out in a long time. Not once in his collegiate career did Tannehill do anything special to go out and win a game against good competition. Point blank, he played very poorly in the 2nd half of basically every close game he has ever played against a decent team.
He put up good numbers, but in college (particularly the big 12) that doesn't really mean that much. Any impetus we have to draft him would purely be based on physical ability alone, and that's no reason to pick the guy 8th overall. He's going to be wildly overdrafted because of a QB needy league that sees a 6'4 230 lb kid that can move and throw the ball with velocity, but it takes a hell of a lot more than that to make it in the NFL.
We have SO many needs, I'd much rather trade down and try to get Weeden and fill some of the massive holes on this roster.
Have you watched Robert Griffin play?

Just say no to Tannehill! Seriously....he is NOT a top 10 prospect. Taking him at 8 is reaching enough. If Miami is stupid enough to trade up for him...then the front office is more clueless than most people think. Seriously....you don't trade up for a prospect that is a second round talent at best. As far as their interest...everyone said they wanted FLynn as well. We all saw how that worked out. I don't care how much Miami pays attention to him. Until they take him, then it is nothing more than hypothesis. Teams throw up smoke screens all the time.

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

Lol you are comparing RG3 to tannehill? Are you insane? Griffin is by far more polished. There is no comparison between who is the better "prospect"!

I've watched a ton of RG3 and Tanny.
The only justification you can possibly have for calling RG3 "raw" is the system in which he played, which is unfair to the player himself. RG3 has everything that Ryan Tannehill has but much much more. Tannehill has a fast release while RG3 has lightning quick delivery, Tanny has a GOOD arm while RG3 has a CANNON, Tanny is accurate but forced bad throws in big situations way too often while RG3 is deadly accurate.
Tannehill can move in the pocket well and is athletic, but RG3 has good footwork and is also a track star.

Also, RG3 gets too much flack for being just a running QB, it simply isn't true. If you watch the kid play on passing downs, he stands strong in the face of pressure to deliver passes from the pocket with accuracy.
There really is no comparison between the two prospects, and with respect, you can't find anybody who knows anything about the draft who will tell you that there isn't a large drop off in talent at QB this year after Luck and RG3 go.
I'm not saying that Tannehill can't be good, I think he's very talented, but I'm scared off by his underwhelming and often game losing performances in the second halves of games. OK St. Arkansas, Texas to name a few. Even in the bowl game Tanny played against very sub par competition (Northwestern) he played a great first half, A&M got a comfortable lead, and in the 2nd half he went into the tank and threw a bad pick. IMO RG3 would have smoked Northwestern, lit up the scoreboard, and won by 30. Tannehill put up a boring (at best) performance.

I haven't even mentioned that for RG3 to take that God awful Baylor football program to a 10-3 record is a great accomplishment. I would have liked to see RG3 play in a big bowl game against a better defense, but because of the fact that Baylor's defense gave up 78 ppg, it wasn't going to happen.

At the end of the day, I think that Tannehill is a big project who will need many years to develop if it ever happens. I think that Weeden is a much more ready to go quarterback, and I'd much rather trade down for Weeden than stay at 8 or trade up for Tanny. This team has way too many needs, we need to trade down.

Just say no to Tannehill! Seriously....he is NOT a top 10 prospect. Taking him at 8 is reaching enough. If Miami is stupid enough to trade up for him...then the front office is more clueless than most people think. Seriously....you don't trade up for a prospect that is a second round talent at best. As far as their interest...everyone said they wanted FLynn as well. We all saw how that worked out. I don't care how much Miami pays attention to him. Until they take him, then it is nothing more than hypothesis. Teams throw up smoke screens all the time.

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

Lol you are comparing RG3 to tannehill? Are you insane? Griffin is by far more polished. There is no comparison between who is the better "prospect"!
In what way, shape, or form is the guy with prototypical QB measureables coming out of a pro style offense a less polished passer than the guy coming out of the ridiculous spread offense that Baylor runs? The only aspect of Griffin's game that doesn't need work is his deep ball. You can't say the same about Tannehill at all.

In what way, shape, or form is the guy with prototypical QB measureables coming out of a pro style offense a less polished passer than the guy coming out of the ridiculous spread offense that Baylor runs? The only aspect of Griffin's game that doesn't need work is his deep ball. You can't say the same about Tannehill at all.
It doesn't matter, the fact that you can't admit that RG3 is a better qb than Tannehill right now tells me that there will be no changing your mind. I could argue that accuracy, leadership, and every other stat favor RG3 but you would probably still think Tannehill is better. I will just say that ask any "expert" (coaches, gms, commentators) whoever else and they will all say RG3 is a better qb. Tannehill has started 19 games at qb...I can't fathom how you can argue who is the most raw prospect.

RG3 is going to the redskins. What matters is that we acquire a long term solution to our QB position that can play and win. Tannehill has the tools and expereince in WCO pro-style. Our OC was his coach for 4 years and recruited him out of college.

Coaches in this case know the anser as to whether to draft him or not and RG3 has nothing to do with it.

Alot of spinning there from Peter King. Comparing Matt Moore to Eli Manning, just to make a point. Now that's crazy.

Back
Top Bottom