So you want to win a super bowl? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So you want to win a super bowl?

I agree our chance is Tua but he can't win alone. Mahomes has a lot of weapons and Tua doesn't at this time. I like Gaskins but I'd take the bowling ball over him all day long. I like Parker but he's not explosive like #10 is for KC who also have Watkins making plays. I like Gesicki to a point but would rather have Kelce. We don't have the weapons to help Tua be the best that he can be at this time.

btw,I'm not saying we shouldn't play Tua. I want him to play this year. All I'm saying is unless we get him some real play makers to help him out we're not going anywhere near the SB

I don’t want tua playing to contact. I want him to beat you with his process of information. It’s possible some of that at bama was masked with all the rpo but I don’t think so. I think he has the “it” factor when it comes to that aspect of things.

Better damn well hope his "mental processing"

is a hell of a lot better than his 13 Wonderlic!

Yikes!

:lol:

Weapons weapons weapons, qb extends plays, and the defenders can't stay with these guys more than a move or two. It's like watching a flag football game. The better teams are dropping a ton of points. 14 teams this week scored more than 30 points. You can barely hit the qb, and can't touch the wide receivers, the rules are geared towards offense.

Baltimore has a capable coaching staff. They can figure it out on both sides of the ball. Lamar is limited, but so was Flacco. They will play to Lamar's strengths, and they will do it in the playoffs.

Hasn't worked yet, 2 1st round exits against Philip Rivers and Ryan Tannehill.

So many of these teams are playing their qb to contact. Some because the qb doesn’t read the field well enough from the pocket and some cause the qb mindset is to contact. Joe burrow is taking an awful lot of contact of his own doing. So is Lamar Jackson but that’s cause he can’t play it any other way. He gets exposed as a pocket read qb on repeat when his teams not front running.

I don’t want tua playing to contact. I want him to beat you with his process of information. It’s possible some of that at bama was masked with all the rpo but I don’t think so. I think he has the “it” factor when it comes to that aspect of things.

Part of the reason Mahomes has taken it to yet another level is his ability to process information and make reads from the pocket has improved. You combine that with his instincts his lethal arm and his ability to beat you with his legs situationally and a scheme that gives him on repeat wide open primary’s and an oline that is playing at a plus clip and a couple elite playmakers and you’ve got a legit monster on your hands. I can’t stress how mucb that scheme helps though be it giving him easy reads or scheming guys open.

Our only chance is tua. It’s that simple.

i worry about Tua trying to do too much with his legs. Much like Mayfield, I hope he realizes quickly he’s like the slowest guy on the field (4.90 40 time is that right). He needs to win with other attributes like processing, accuracy, placement.

I never thought I would say there is a better pure passer than Dan Marino and then Mahomes happened.

And I disagree all resources go to the DL. Of course that needs to get addressed, but if that is all it takes the 49ers would be SB champs.

To beat the Chiefs a team is going to have to outscore them.

He's a better overall athlete than Dan, in terms of pure passing, no. Dan's mechanics and release were what made him so special, he didn't need to run in order to complete passes to avoid the rush. Where Mahomes will scramble and throw the no look pass, or the side arm, Dan did it with a side-step and hair trigger release and velocity. Dan's arm in particular his shoulder started to fail late in his career and you could just see at that point it made him average, it was heart breaking to watch.

Last edited:
i worry about Tua trying to do too much with his legs. Much like Mayfield, I hope he realizes quickly he’s like the slowest guy on the field (4.90 40 time is that right). He needs to win with other attributes like processing, accuracy, placement.

Mayfield has proven that he’s another that can’t make secondary reads from the pocket so the browns under stefanski have smartly shifted to a heavy run and pa based offense ask to limit the exposure. Which is fine as long as you can run the ball at a high clip and aren’t chasing the scoreboard

I don’t think it’s ever going to work out for Baltimore. I think eventually against playoff teams this is what you will get. They may be able to beat 1 but 2 or even 3? Not sure about that. Once they fall behind and stick with their college/high school offense you just don’t feel like they have a chance. We’ll see!

Hahaha, f*** the ratbirds! Once again ALL the analysts get it wrong, the Chefs are the cream of the crop in this league, not the baltimoron ratbirds and their run first QB lol.

Remember guys with tua Miami has always got an rpo based offense in its back pocket.

An offense he can execute and run in his sleep. You want to see the situational secondary reads show to be a strength because without them it’s more easy to limit as a dc and frankly will limit his ceiling.

but it’s always in our back pocket should those secondary reads prove to need more time. The way he pivots thru progressions I have utmost confidence they will prove to be a strength in time

The only limit the exposure I expect to see from a player stand point is to contact

Last edited:
I've been saying for a while that the pendulum was going to swing back the other way eventually on this. You don't have to BE KC to beat KC. Dime defenses and a power run game should keep things interesting.
Agree. New England's been making that transition for a couple of years.

Back
Top Bottom