Solid Offseason Plan | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Solid Offseason Plan

beast_mode

Active Roster
Reaction score
Trade down from 3rd overall for a 1st this year and a 1st next year (maybe more)
Trade 3 Firsts for Watson
Trade Tua for a 1st
Trade X for 2 1sts

Net = Miami has Watson instead of Tua, 2 1sts instead of X (who will hold out if no raise)

I think this is very realistic. Miami has shown the ability to develop players, especially dbs. So the loss of X can be mitigated. You still have plenty of draft capital to replace X and get the O some playmakers and continue to build this team up. Plus the big cap hit Watson will bring is partially mitigated by cap relief from X and Tua being traded.

Everybody's plan is gangsta till Watson starts getting paid in a few years

Standard responses to a thread like this...

1) Hey, yew are a noobie and we've discussed all this before. You are a poopy head.
2) Number 1, but with better spelling.
3) I'm not sure there is a third option.

Trade down from 3rd overall for a 1st this year and a 1st next year (maybe more)
Trade Tua for a 1st
Trade X for 2 1sts

Net = Miami has Watson instead of Tua, 2 1sts instead of X (who will hold out if no raise)

I think this is very realistic. Miami has shown the ability to develop players, especially dbs. So the loss of X can be mitigated. You still have plenty of draft capital to replace X and get the O some playmakers and continue to build this team up. Plus the big cap hit Watson will bring is partially mitigated by cap relief from X and Tua being traded.
Another one....... Yay......let's rehash everyone's view one more time....

what-was-the-question-again.jpg

Trade Tua for a 1st
Trade X for 2 1sts

The only thing that might happen is the Dolphins trading down from the third position.
The Dolphins aren’t trading for Watson, so that means Tua isn’t being traded either.
‘No team is going to trade 2 first round picks for Howard. While he had a great season this past year, he has only had one other good season over his 5 years in the league. He also has had multiple injuries over those 5 years. So the Dolphins would be lucky to get one first round pick for him but they would not get 2 first round picks for him.

I do think the Dolphins might trade out of three spot to a team looking to move up for a QB. Depending on how much they move down will determine if they get a first round pick in 2022 in the trade. It is more likely they will just move down a few spots and get an additional second round pick in 2021 plus a mid round pick.

Everybody's plan is gangsta till Watson starts getting paid in a few years
Watson is a FA in 2026 and Tua will be a free agent 2025. So you will need to pay either one and probably the similar contracts (assuming Tua pans out).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom