Solid Offseason Plan | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Solid Offseason Plan

GUYS, NO NEED TO ATTACK THE OP. IF YOU DON'T AGREE THEN FINE BUT HE HAS A RIGHT TO POST HOW HE FEELS. YOU CAN ALWAYS IGNORE THE THREAD IF YOU LIKE. CARRY ON AND BE NICE TO EACH OTHER.
Axe him to be nice... Not call names.

The LA Rams for one. They gave up 2 1sts and a 4th for Jalen Ramsey and gave him a record contract extension. Howard is a little older but he is also DPOY.
Not to mention the Seattle Seahawks, who gave up 2 1sts for a safety!
šŸ˜‰

The Rams also traded away a 26 year old All Pro CB in Peters the same year they got Ramsey so clearly having 2 elite CB's is not something they care to have.

The Seahawks let Sherman walk before he turned 30 so doesn't make sense to trade for a 28 year old CB who probably has 1-2 years of elite play left.

Both Adams and Ramsey were 25 years old at the time of their trade and neither of them has missed significant time like X and X is not a DPOY of the year unless you have some inside information you can share with the rest of us.

Also 3 years is not a little in the world of the NFL from 2010-2020 only 12 defensive backs made the pro bowl 2 or more times from age 30-39. Compared to 26 defensive back making 2 or more pro bowls from age 25-29.

Last edited:
Trade down from 3rd overall for a 1st this year and a 1st next year (maybe more)
Trade 3 Firsts for Watson
Trade Tua for a 1st
Trade X for 2 1sts

Net = Miami has Watson instead of Tua, 2 1sts instead of X (who will hold out if no raise)

I think this is very realistic. Miami has shown the ability to develop players, especially dbs. So the loss of X can be mitigated. You still have plenty of draft capital to replace X and get the O some playmakers and continue to build this team up. Plus the big cap hit Watson will bring is partially mitigated by cap relief from X and Tua being traded.
10 INTs can be mitigated? Ok.

X AND Jones - read - having 2 shut down corners is going to give you a championship caliber defense every year. The reason we got sacks from so many different guys is because the DC could be VERY creative as we erased the over the top and outside WRs more often than not. Iā€™d rather have those 2 CBs and a top defense, hope Tua progresses OR draft another QB at 3 before making such trades.

Joe W @Joe_W_Dolphin
Ha! Like Houston has any leverage in this situation to ask for anything. A disgruntled QB with a monster anchor contract and a no trade clause. Iā€™d give them a ham sandwich, tell them no mustard and theyā€™ll like it.

I couldn't of said it better.....
Don't kid yourself. Houston has tons of leverage given a 25 year old quarterback of that caliber. Multiple suitors. The league isn't empty of teams who recognize that a surreal opportunity dwarfs fear of surrendering a handful of draft picks

Don't kid yourself. Houston has tons of leverage given a 25 year old quarterback of that caliber. Multiple suitors. The league isn't empty of teams who recognize that a surreal opportunity dwarfs fear of surrendering a handful of draft picks
While I agree with you in general... I do think there are a limited number of teams who have the resources to swing a deal like this.

I really don't think there are more than 4 or 5 teams in play here.

I usually let them run for a few page's before merging with all the other ones brother Zim

If there is actually breaking news they can stay in the main

Doesnā€™t matter how many suitors there are, which I would imagine would be a lot. It only matters which teams Watson would accept trades to, and if he really wants to stick it to Houston, there wonā€™t be many.

Last edited:
The Rams also traded away a 26 year old All Pro CB in Peters the same year they got Ramsey so clearly having 2 elite CB's is not something they care to have.

The Seahawks let Sherman walk before he turned 30 so doesn't make sense to trade for a 28 year old CB who probably has 1-2 years of elite play left.

Both Adams and Ramsey were 25 years old at the time of their trade and neither of them has missed significant time like X and X is not a DPOY of the year unless you have some inside information you can share with the rest of us.

Also 3 years is not a little in the world of the NFL from 2010-2020 only 12 defensive backs made the pro bowl 2 or more times from age 30-39. Compared to 26 defensive back making 2 or more pro bowls from age 25-29.

I'm not saying the Rams and Seahawks specifically would trade with us. I'm giving examples of instances where teams have given up in fact MORE than 2 1sts for an elite db. Even if the dolphins can get a 1st and a 2nd I'd take it. We would also get cap relief to the tune of 20 mil per year since that's what X wants in a new deal.

I agree that X's injury history may give some potential trade partners pause or lower his value. But he's coming off a healthy year where he performed BETTER than any year the aforementioned dbs ever had. There are desperate teams every year so it's not inconceivable that one would give up 2 1sts or maybe a bit less for X.

Also, if you're saying every year counts, the difference is 2 years as X will still be 27 at the time of trade if it happens.

The Dolphins arenā€™t trading for Watson, so that means Tua isnā€™t being traded either.
ā€˜No team is going to trade 2 first round picks for Howard. While he had a great season this past year, he has only had one other good season over his 5 years in the league. He also has had multiple injuries over those 5 years. So the Dolphins would be lucky to get one first round pick for him but they would not get 2 first round picks for him.

I do think the Dolphins might trade out of three spot to a team looking to move up for a QB. Depending on how much they move down will determine if they get a first round pick in 2022 in the trade. It is more likely they will just move down a few spots and get an additional second round pick in 2021 plus a mid round pick.
You don't know that.
Stop stating your wish as fact.

Not until DW deal to a team, or he starts his first game in Hou, no one knows.

Yeah fellas, or Ladies. šŸ˜„ Be reasonable. I appreciate you coming to my defense Danny but I think it's more because I'm a newb than my opinion. It's like Clint Eastwood in that Gran Torino movie. Get off my lawn!! :chuckle:
It's not that. It's the fact that the subject ha already been beaten beyond recognition.

Back
Top Bottom