Solid Offseason Plan | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Solid Offseason Plan

I think Houston would want Tua as part of any trade for Watson.

It would be ideal, though, if Miami could make the trade and still keep the #3 overall pick. That pick has so much value with three potential franchise players in this draft.

I'd hang onto Howard. The Dolphins are at that point now where they should hang onto good players.

Yeah fellas, or Ladies. 😄 Be reasonable. I appreciate you coming to my defense Danny but I think it's more because I'm a newb than my opinion. It's like Clint Eastwood in that Gran Torino movie. Get off my lawn!! :chuckle:

I think Houston would want Tua as part of any trade for Watson.

It would be ideal, though, if Miami could make the trade and still keep the #3 overall pick. That pick has so much value with three potential franchise players in this draft.

I'd hang onto Howard. The Dolphins are at that point now where they should hang onto good players.
Yeah if they want Tua that's fine but they may not. In which case I think u can definitely get at least a 1st for him.
And I LOVE X but the fact that he may hold out for more money (reportedly top corner dollars which equates to >20 mil per year) may leave the Dolphins with no choice but to trade him while he is the DPOY in order to get good value. Brian Flores emphasizes team first. I doubt they will pay X what he wants. Even a 1st and a 2nd plus the extra cap space would be satisfactory.

Yeah if they want Tua that's fine but they may not. In which case I think u can definitely get at least a 1st for him.
And I LOVE X but the fact that he may hold out for more money (reportedly top corner dollars which equates to >20 mil per year) may leave the Dolphins with no choice but to trade him while he is the DPOY in order to get good value. Brian Flores emphasizes team first. I doubt they will pay X what he wants. Even a 1st and a 2nd plus the extra cap space would be satisfactory.
With Miami in good shape salary cap wise, I think you take care of Howard. But, maybe that changes if the Dolphins add a big salary like Watson.

Trade down from 3rd overall for a 1st this year and a 1st next year (maybe more)
Trade 3 Firsts for Watson
Trade Tua for a 1st
Trade X for 2 1sts

Net = Miami has Watson instead of Tua, 2 1sts instead of X (who will hold out if no raise)

I think this is very realistic. Miami has shown the ability to develop players, especially dbs. So the loss of X can be mitigated. You still have plenty of draft capital to replace X and get the O some playmakers and continue to build this team up. Plus the big cap hit Watson will bring is partially mitigated by cap relief from X and Tua being traded.
This sounds pretty fluid to me. Can you PM me when the solid plan gets posted?

Joe W @Joe_W_Dolphin
Ha! Like Houston has any leverage in this situation to ask for anything. A disgruntled QB with a monster anchor contract and a no trade clause. I’d give them a ham sandwich, tell them no mustard and they’ll like it.

I couldn't of said it better.....

Yeah fellas, or Ladies. 😄 Be reasonable. I appreciate you coming to my defense Danny but I think it's more because I'm a newb than my opinion. It's like Clint Eastwood in that Gran Torino movie. Get off my lawn!! :chuckle:

This a tough crowd brother . Most guys know their stuff and that's why i have never posted my interesting off season plans for them to tear apart :p

Good to see you posting :ffic:

Who in the H E 🏒🏒 is going to give up 2 1st round picks for a soon to be 28 year old CB who might sit out unless you pay him.
The LA Rams for one. They gave up 2 1sts and a 4th for Jalen Ramsey and gave him a record contract extension. Howard is a little older but he is also DPOY.
Not to mention the Seattle Seahawks, who gave up 2 1sts for a safety!
😉

This a tough crowd brother . Most guys know their stuff and that's why i have never posted my interesting off season plans for them to tear apart :p

Good to see you posting :ffic:
What?...Fish.... I just assumed you hung out with TJ and talking smack to Higgins.
While picking up chicks with Robins Ferrari..

Back
Top Bottom