Solomon Wilcots: Dolphins got a steal in Coyle as DC | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Solomon Wilcots: Dolphins got a steal in Coyle as DC

I hope you truly don't believe the words you are typing. Yes maybe the Fins aren't rebuilding but they ate definately not a team better off without brandon Marshall, a guy who is a true threat on offense and was 40% of ours. I am very concerned about our wr core bc we are veryweak there.

I hope you truly don't believe the words YOU are typing. BM (short for bowel movement) dropped 6 games (in the form of TD passes) for us last year. What more do you need to know.

Is this guy better the Mike Nolan? Seems Nolan was very good and fielded a stout defense. Attacking style. A top defense. I hope he (Coyle) is just as good. If he is, we have no worry on that side of the ball.

for six games

Solomon Wilcots was an idiot just the other day for giving the Dolphins a C- draft grade. Why does his opinion matter now?

and drafted a qb in the first round? sounds to me like we upgraded

just because you draft a player [expecially a qb] in the 1st round doesnt mean you have upgraded anything.

you just chose him in the 1st. before its all over we may not have wanted to give a 7th for him, time will tell. but its funny how i keep seeing this same statement by fans, "we finally drafted a qb in the first round, our problems are solved, drout is over," etc.....

lets see him play a couple years first. theres a whole bunch of qb's who are/were probowlers, superbowl winners who were not chosen in the first.

and MANY 1st round qb's are working at your local car wash.

rebuilding cause we traded away an overrated wr who is trouble in the lockerroom and drafted a qb in the first round? sounds to me like we upgraded a few parts of our team and are nowhere near rebuilding at all. IF the dolphins were building they would have not resigned wake-soliai.

And this is what people dont seem to understand. We have a good defense and made sure we kept players in it. That in itself shows were not rebuilding. Back when we were rebuilding in 08, those type of players were goners.

Solomon Wilcots? The same guy who always ends statements as if they're questions? I can't be the only one who finds that extremely annoying, right?

Is this guy better the Mike Nolan? Seems Nolan was very good and fielded a stout defense. Attacking style. A top defense. I hope he (Coyle) is just as good. If he is, we have no worry on that side of the ball.

Lets not get carried away with Nolan he was a good DC but even he had his moments.

Coyle IMO is a steal, but not because Wilcots says so. This is a guy who teams have been begging Cincy to interview for the last few years for DC openings, but Cincy would always deny the request because they thought he would replace Mike Zimmer as DC when he got a head coaching gig. Reason they even let him talk to us was because Zimmer didn't get a HC job, and they felt they couldn't deny him the chance to advance his career any longer.

As for Nolan. Can't really compare Coyle to him yet as this is his first NFL DC gig, but Nolan's defense was not without holes and of the former Baltimore DCs to become HCs, his defensive scheme is probably the easiest to pick a part (well... technically Rex's is if you can pick up the blitzes fast enough but in Baltimore that was hard to do)

If all he does is coach up Sean and Vontae Nd make them fulfill their potential, his time here will be a success IMO.

rebuilding cause we traded away an overrated wr who is trouble in the lockerroom and drafted a qb in the first round? sounds to me like we upgraded a few parts of our team and are nowhere near rebuilding at all. IF the dolphins were building they would have not resigned wake-soliai.

Upgrading the team is what rebuilding is. There are no expectations on the team this year unless you are crazy.

I wish Wilcots had been more specific about why he thinks Coyle is a steal, aside from going through Coyle's history of taking talented players that were damaged goods and making them good players.

If he can better defend against the TE and find someone to play across from Vontae that would be a good start.
Maybe Sean is good in dime in the slot but at corner he is a liability.

And obviously better defend against the QB sneak on goal line. I like our defensive personnel except for smith. The 2 rookies look good.

Back
Top Bottom