Solomon Wilcots: Dolphins got a steal in Coyle as DC | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Solomon Wilcots: Dolphins got a steal in Coyle as DC

His work with DB's are a proven commodity, so I have faith he'll put the best talent on the field in the defensive backfield, now what he can do with a defense as a whole unit has not been seen. as a first time DC, he'll go through a learning process, which is absolutly normal.

I am cautiously optimistic about Coyle. But, Mike Nolan did an excellent job and had our defense playing above its talent level IMHO. Sure, the lockout caused our defense to stink up the joint early in the season, butte rest of his time here his defense really overperformed. Kudos to Nolan, because he will be very hard to replace.

But, a new coach needs his new staff 100% behind him without the players questioning his authority from day 1. So, Nolan had to go. If Coyle's defense is close to that of Nolan's, I will be extremely impressed. I am confident that our offense will improve significantly.

Is this guy better the Mike Nolan? Seems Nolan was very good and fielded a stout defense. Attacking style. A top defense. I hope he (Coyle) is just as good. If he is, we have no worry on that side of the ball.

Do you mean the stout defense that beat poor teams and fell apart at the end of games against good teams? That stout defense that shut down Tebow and the Broncos for about 53 minutes, and then proceeded to let them score twice to win? The only thing stout about Nolan's defense was the rushing defense; they still couldn't stop the TEs, and was near the bottom of the league in pass defense. I for one am glad to see Nolan gone.

It is hard not to be excited about the new direction of the coaching staff and the infusion of exciting young talent, can't wait to see it all in action!

Back
Top Bottom