Some Chiefs, Dolphins fans who attended record-cold playoff game now need amputations | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some Chiefs, Dolphins fans who attended record-cold playoff game now need amputations

No where did I mention the outcome of the game. I was just stating what we all know: if Miami didn't play like sh*t at the end of the regular season, the Dolphins wouldn't have been in this game. Hopefully the NFL learned this type of weather is no good for anyone.

But somebody would be playing KC in that game. It wasn't like we haven't seen conditions like this before in the NFL (it wasn't the coldest game). The fans need to take personal accountability. If you want to go to a game like this, wear layers. Consider wearing a balaclava. Get up and move in between quarters or during play stoppages. It's terrible and sad that people have medical issues as a result of this. But the responsibility is on the fans. Not the NFL.

I don't disagree that fans made the choice to go to the game but a lot didn't have a choice like stadium staff, officials, TV crews etc.
Did any of those folks have issues?

The intellectual lightweights that attended the game with bare skin showing (shirtless folks and other morons), especially those who drank alcohol during the game (not a good combo in cold temps) have themselves to blame.

Did you hear about those 3 dudes who went over to their friends house in KC to watch that game, and then got high, and passeed out outside in the dudes backyard and froze to death?
Yes, I thought it was a joke at first, but apparently it really happened.

Yeah...that was a sketchy story on a lot of different levels. The guy who owns the house and they were partying with didn't notice the 3 dead guys in his backyard even after they were reported missing.....and the homeowner is a chemist who immediately checked himself into rehab once the police started investigating

Really odd......
That's the story I read, also.

It doesn't matter if it was Miami or any other team that could have played in KC. The point is the NFL doesn't care about player safety.

I thought the focus of this thread was fan safety.
By the way, weren't there heaters used on the sidelines?

Yeah I'm sure many fans who attended failed to grasp the level of extreme and what that meant in terms of protection. They probably took their 30 degree clothing and added a bit more. That's not going to work. It's like Category 1 hurricane to 5
That's exactly what I was thinking. Ive never been in anything that cold and wouldn't be 100% confident in how to bundle up properly.

The people who take their shirt off though... That's on them.

I see people get heat exhaustion and wheeled out by medical staff at September games in Florida every year. Should NFL move our home games whenever the heat index gets too high?

Agree there’s gotta be personal responsibility too.

No.

You can get out of the heat and sun at any point.

The same can’t be said for the freezing cold. You can’t warm up in the shade or with a cup of hot water.

Most people spend all winter dreaming about 96 degree days in the sun. No one spends all summer dreaming of negative temperatures in the winter.

Bunch of opinions from a bunch of ppl who didn't go to the game.

#HotTakes
Allow me to provide a correction to your post.

- Bunch of opinions from a bunch of ppl who were smart enough not to go to that game. -

Now that makes more sense. - LOL

Do you fart a lot? That might be the foxhole thing.. and of course everyone is a Lemming according to Ray...jus sayin
Not everybody.
The "Lemmings" just provide more posts.
I think they are looking for friends but are going about it backwards. - LOL

Come on everyone needs to cool down.......well maybe except the idiots who went to the game! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom