Some Doplhins news | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some Doplhins news

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been posted already.

Preston Williams (knee) said he will be ready for Week 1.

We'd expect Williams to gain clearance sometime during training camp after he tore his ACL November 3 against the Jets. Week 1 would be about 10 months removed from the injury. The Dolphins feel comfortable with their receiver group headed into the offseason, with DeVante Parker and Williams as the Nos. 1 and 2 wideouts, followed by some combination of Allen Hurns, Albert Wilson, Jakeem Grant, Isaiah Ford, Gary Jennings, and Mack Hollins.

Source: Miami Herald

Feb 3, 2020, 6:44 PM ET

Reshad Jones DB, Miami Dolphins

The Miami Herald's Barry Jackson considers S Reshad Jones a "top candidate" to be released by the Dolphins.

It's a no-brainer move for the Dolphins, who likely would have cut ties last offseason if not for a boat load of dead money. Releasing Jones would create more than $7.5 million in cap room but leave behind $8.09 million in dead cap. Jones turns 32 later this month and ended this past season on injured reserve. Injuries have been a major issue over the last couple years for him.

Source: Miami Herald

Feb 3, 2020, 6:53 PM ET

The Dolphins would be foolish to be "comfortable" with their wide receiver position. Especially with how loaded this year's draft is at the wide receiver position.
IMO they would be "foolish" to spend a rd1 or rd2 pick on a reciever, when they have so many more pressing needs.

This team goes nowhere without an O-line, and some semblance of a pass rush.

Can Jones be traded and we'll pay half his salary for two years.

Rashad Jones realeased Barry??? You don’t say. Why are our fins so cursed with pathetic beat reporters? And terrible sports radio personalities?

Can Jones be traded and we'll pay half his salary for two years.
We are paying half his salary next year either way.

Why would another team want to pick up the other half for a guy that hasn't been able to play a complete season for a few years now?

I think many ppl overestimate his true value, at this point in his career.

He's never been versatile, or a good cover guy. The one thing he could do is bring the lumber, and lately any time he does that, his shoulders give out. Besides that, here at least, he has a pi$$ poor attitude.

IMO they would be "foolish" to spend a rd1 or rd2 pick on a reciever, when they have so many more pressing needs.

I’m with you here. Drafting Lamb, Jeudy, Shenault, Ruggs, etc. is a major luxury pick. There are too many other pressing needs to go in that direction.

Warren Jackson is a prospect I’m intrigued with later on in the draft. But I don’t believe WR is a position that should be addressed in the first 2 rounds for sure.

I never said anything about first or second round but I certainly wouldn't just rule it out. It would be arrogant of this team to think that there is any position that couldn't use a talent upgrade. Take a deeper look at this receiver corps. Williams is an undrafted rookie with character concerns in college and is now coming off an ACL injury. Parker isn't really a guy that gets a lot of separation and has a history of getting nagging injuries and, up until this past season, has been a disappointment. The rest of the group are just jags. So what's so special about this group that would preclude Miami from adding an influx of talent to it if the right situation presents itself?

Reshad Jones is done. Preston Williams was playing great (despite the drops), but that ACL tear worries me. Its really tough for WR's to recover from that type of injury.

I'm curious to see what they do with Albert Wilson. He's going to be overpaid if we keep him, but I think he's a great compliment to Devante Parker. I'm ok with his bloated salary for another year.

Ya that’s a no brainer. Can’t believe the amount of posters clammoring for a WR to be taken high.

History teaches some people nothing.

Year after year the star WRs drafted high are nowhere to be found in the postseason.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never said anything about first or second round but I certainly wouldn't just rule it out. It would be arrogant of this team to think that there is any position that couldn't use a talent upgrade. Take a deeper look at this receiver corps. Williams is an undrafted rookie with character concerns in college and is now coming off an ACL injury. Parker isn't really a guy that gets a lot of separation and has a history of getting nagging injuries and, up until this past season, has been a disappointment. The rest of the group are just jags. So what's so special about this group that would preclude Miami from adding an influx of talent to it if the right situation presents itself?

I’m ruling it out for you.

Albert Wilson, Jakeem Grant and Isiah Ford would make just about every roster in the NFL.

I’m ruling it out for you.

Albert Wilson, Jakeem Grant and Isiah Ford would make just about every roster in the NFL.
I also don't feel that wide receiver is a position that needs to be addressed with a first or second round pick, but I'm also not naïve enough to think Miami has something special going on with their wide receiver corps. Are you telling me that you wouldn't be okay with adding a talent similar to a Debo Samuels or an AJ Brown to this group? I know I would.

Back
Top Bottom