Some Draft Thoughts After Looking at Some Early Mock Drafts | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some Draft Thoughts After Looking at Some Early Mock Drafts

There won’t be unless it’s josh rosen or Sam darnold.

If you made me as a gm have to put my job on the line for any qb in this class in terms of long term I’d say it’s darnold or no one.

But Rosen’s game fits our o the best. Darnold could probably adapt to it as long as we implemented a heavy dose of primary read stuff and predetermined throws. While his progression game developed

He’s gonna come in the league if he comes out this draft a heavy primary read and take off with it qb

Not that it matters he won’t be there at 11

QB Kyle Lauletta is someone fins should look at in the 2nd to 3rd rd but I got a feeling he's going to fly up draft boards.

That’s what miamis gonna struggle with with Roquan outside of the size thing which doesn’t look to be something miami is willing to deal with in a top 12 pick.

A big part of Roquans value is his sideline to sideline range. That’s not magnified as much at weak as it would be at mike in the center of the field and bottom line is if you draft a off the los top 12 he comes in a guaranteed lock to play every down out the gate.

I think something miami would consider here would be Kiko at strong in base. He’s 6 foot 3 he’s 233 lbs he dropped 5 lbs from mike to play weak they could ask him to gain that back and put him at strong. Is it ideal no poa play is not his strength is it best bang for his contract buck no but he would play a 2 down strong and a starting nickel. Plus I have maintained from the get go that I don’t love Raekwon’s range for the nickel and that was before an acl injury robbed him of a year

I don’t believe miami wants to move Raekwon’s inside the tackle poa play outside they tried hull there this year hated his poa play so much we signed Rey mauluga and miscast a poa guy in chase allen there even.

Poa play and gap integrity is a big part of our scheme. That aspect of the game is not one I’d say is a strength of roquans at that size I think miami would see weak

But money in Kiko and snaps for him and the fact 2 down strong isn’t hard to find or implement in our scheme and we have in house options already for us and of course the major factor being roquans size relative to our scheme ask relative to the value of a top 12 pick asset in terms of what they expect the prototype to be for the positions and that’s why I think of the kids I saw this weekend miamis gonna take a real hard look at the de Ferrell from Clemson at pick 11.

Ideally they’d love to see Brandon chubb and run that card up but if that’s out I think Ferrell becomes at least a heavy conversation piece.

If they don’t green light roquans size for their scheme ask and more importantly relative to the value of the pick than he will be out from the get

I think they would go undersized at some point obviously but it would probably be on a day 3 or Udfa type of add. Not top 15 unless they are willing to make compromises

If they don't take Smith are you more inclined to go with Nelson Or trade Down?

This is the first time I've seen Kameron Kelly listed in a top 150. Been hyping him for months - long, physical CB, with good ball skills, and he hits like a SS. I have him in the 2nd/3rd range, and he's currently my favorite Sr CB. Tests are important for the position, so he could rise or fall from there, but no doubt that he can play, and, given his limited time at the position, he's just getting better.

That's been my favorite team the past few years. Kelly is a well spoken kid. Much better prospect than Kazee from last year, but almost exclusively due to size. I think Kazee supported the run more dependably.

Very lanky player. Great blitzer. Looks like a Seahawk cornerback. I'm not convinced he's better than Michael Jackson of the Canes but I understand Kelly rated higher since he's had more playing time and used in greater variety of roles.

I still don't know what happened in the bowl game. San Diego State is typically so well coached. Army made them look stupid and out of control. Kelly wasn't aggressive enough but he made fewer mistakes than most of the Aztec defenders. Yes, I am annoyed at that game because I lost a wager. Had it won with less than a minute remaining, although rightfully it was never supposed to be a win.

In fairness to Kelly, Army spent most of the game picking on the young cornerback on the other side -- Woods. He didn't know what to do with that Cadet offense, including on the winning 2 point conversion.

Last edited:
I like McSorley (Penn State Qb) in the 2nd or 3rd round. In his bowl game he was mobile, played under center, bought time in the pocket, scrambled out of the pocket and threw a good ball, stepped up when needed. A lot of good QB skills that helps an offense to keep drives alive.

I would personally hope to trade down, and pick Mark Andrews later in the 1st.

We really need a TE we can count on, and once we finally do have that talented TE, the offence will be special...especially if Tannehill can come back with little signs of rust or surgery bothering him.

If we can't trade down, and Smith is still there when we pick, then just take him, nothing wrong with taking a quality LB for the 2nd year in a row...especially with our LBers.

I’ve never seen him play but I’m gonna go ahead and pass on any football player that only has one hand

It's not a JPP situation where he had to all of a sudden learn how to wrap up with only one after having two his whole life. He's been doing it successfully for years. Dude only a few missed a few tackles and actually had some picks.

I don't know if I trust it at LB but if I liked him enough as an end I'd be all over it.

Read this article and tell me you wouldn't want this on your team. I laughed pretty hard at the 'I took a few balls to the face before I learned how to catch' part.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.si.com/college-football/2017/11/16/shaquem-griffin-hand-ucf-nfl-draft

It's not a JPP situation where he had to all of a sudden learn how to wrap up with only one after having two his whole life. He's been doing it successfully for years. Dude only a few missed a few tackles and actually had some picks.
He actually had an interception when he had a cast on his one hand.

I’m not. Take one of my 4th rounders

guy plays all out with heart and can line up multiple places and is a force, I really thought for a moment if the one hand would cause him some problems at the pro level before the bowl game watching him play- and mentioned it out loud it front of a group of people watching the bowl game.. got comments back "he already has learned how to adapt" "his other arm is stronger" etc. could effect him some but man - I'm in with a later pick like that.

Griffin’s a tweener which isn’t gonna help so it’s hard to say where the best fit is.

But I bet he’s gonna test similar to his brother and that dude will beast on specials be an absolute leader in the lockerroom and community and work his ass off to the point where anyone in front of him will always have to bring it. And I wouldn’t rule out either him playing a role in the d even in 2018.

That kids gonna refuse to hear the word no

Like I said take one of my 4th rounders

I don't know if I trust it at LB but if I liked him enough as an end I'd be all over it.

Read this article and tell me you wouldn't want this on your team. I laughed pretty hard at the 'I took a few balls to the face before I learned how to catch' part.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.si.com/college-football/2017/11/16/shaquem-griffin-hand-ucf-nfl-draft

I'm rooting for him at the next level-partly because on my UCF connection but he is such a great story.

Back
Top Bottom