Some Draft Thoughts After Looking at Some Early Mock Drafts | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some Draft Thoughts After Looking at Some Early Mock Drafts

Sony Michel is impressive. I'd heard for awhile how deep this RB class will be, saw it first hard with Georgia's two backs. Michel looks more explosive than Chubb.

Baker Mayfield was under constant pressure last night but none of it was coming from his blind side. Orlando Brown Jr. was probably OU's best offensive player yesterday and Georgia brought the house the entire 2nd half.

Chubb still doesn't have all of his explosiveness back from the devastating knee injury he suffered against Tennessee in 2015. He's still only has around 70% of his explosion back.

Before the injury, Michel was never as explosive as Chubb.

Michel is more elusive and cuts sharper. Chubb has better balance and more power in his lower half to break tackles. Top end speed is also Chubb when healthy. Michel has oddly small calves. Both are excellent backs that are great people. Phenomenal teammates.

Chubb is gradually going to get back his explosiveness in increments from here.

Chubb still doesn't have all of his explosiveness back from the devastating knee injury he suffered against Tennessee in 2015. He's still only has around 70% of his explosion back.

Michel is more elusive and cuts sharper. Chubb has better balance and more power in his lower half to break tackles. Top end speed is also Chubb when healthy. Michel has oddly small calves. Both are excellent backs that are great people. Phenomenal teammates.

Hey Slimm. What are your thoughts on Taven Bryan? Is he worth a top 15? Also, if Roquon Smith is gone is there another linebacker worthy of that #11 spot?

Hey Slimm. What are your thoughts on Taven Bryan? Is he worth a top 15? Also, if Roquon Smith is gone is there another linebacker worthy of that #11 spot?

We don't know yet...haven't seen him test and perform. But he's a good enough athlete at his size to go top 15. He's a monster. That's my thought on Taven Bryan.

What makes you think Roquan Smith has to be gone in order for there to be another linebacker worth taking at 11? I don't necessarily subscribe to that theory.

We don't know yet...haven't seen him test and perform. But he's a good enough athlete at his size to go top 15. He's a monster. That's my thought on Taven Bryan.

What makes you think Roquan Smith has to be gone in order for there to be another linebacker worth taking at 11? I don't necessarily subscribe to that theory.

Thanks. Trying to get a feel as to where Malik Jefferson could go and whether he could be an option for Miami at #11.

Miami needs to

trade up. ever heard of that? been happening a lot last two drafts

Ya I have "heard of that" and for the second time - highly unlikely to happen, I know you want to move on from the QB but the FO and Gase don't seem to at this point.

anyone see Parker play? all positions are open
Dude, there's no way we're picking a receiver that high if Landry, Parker, Stills, and Grant are all on the roster come April.

I do agree that if Landry goes elsewhere, then Ridley/Sutton might not only be a need but possibly BPA as well. I don't see Landry leaving, however. Don't see Parker getting moved at his lowest value either.

Vander might be even better then Smith. Both have top instincts but i think Vander is the more physically gifted of the two and it will get seen after the combine

One thing I always think about, and I'm sure the front office thinks about, is who would make the biggest immediate impact.

Great running backs seem to impact right off the bat. Barkley and Guice fit that. But, with the way Drake played I think the team just needs someone to complement his style of play.

Nelson, even though he is a guard, could have a big impact because Miami is so weak there and he could maybe be an instant pro-bowl talent.

Smith is a weakside linebacker where the Dolphins currently have Alonso. Could the team trade Alonso with that contract? Alonso could perhaps move back to the middle with McMillan at strongside. That could be a temporary fix. I thought Alonso played better in 2016 in the middle.

Jefferson may be another linebacker to look at. I think his best position could be strong side, but is he worth that 11th spot and would he make a big impact off the bat?

Andrews the tight end could make a pretty nice impact right away, but he's likely more of a late 1st.

take the guard. i heard he can block. 2nd round also take someone who can block. then we'll have two blockers. i'd start charging them 10k for every false start and holding call too. maybe we'll get lucky and Pouncey will go to the afterlife and try to free Hernandez before next season.

What a sad life one must have to think this stuff up.... especially a football player.

If we take Smith, where does that leave Raekwon? aren't they both MLB's? Unfortunately Kiko is only worth a damn at MLB as well, so we would have 3 on the roster.

Will Chubb's explosiveness return or is it lost due to injury? Michel has had the better burst 2nd half this season.

Back
Top Bottom