Some Draft Thoughts After Looking at Some Early Mock Drafts | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some Draft Thoughts After Looking at Some Early Mock Drafts

Apparently the owner of the Colts has made his feelings known and wants the GM to draft the RB at #3. So if he gets his way, it looks like Barkley will be an Indianapolis Colt.

Barkley would be a nice addition to go with a returning Andrew Luck.

Trade back into later in the first round then trade back again. Need lots of help. Trade back to 16-22 for another second or third this year and second next year. Then trade back again for more of the same. Can get major help with two 2nd second and two 3rd rounders. 5 players in first three rounds gets you help at LB, OL, TE, CB, and FS.

Things will change a little at the combine etc, some players may get pushed up some, those QB’s will stay in front of us cause we’ll their QB’s. Let’s hope no injuries to any of these guys heading into the draft.

I agree. They need to stop getting so many picks and they need to start cashing them in with quality instead of trying to get more quantity. I heard they actually want Allen as their QB but of course we're going to hear all kind of stuff from now till April

Ozzy rules!!

Apparently the owner of the Colts has made his feelings known and wants the GM to draft the RB at #3. So if he gets his way, it looks like Barkley will be an Indianapolis Colt.

Basically cause he said Luck will be ready to go I suppose.

Things will change a little at the combine etc, some players may get pushed up some, those QB’s will stay in front of us cause we’ll their QB’s. Let’s hope no injuries to any of these guys heading into the draft.
Well also free agency will dictate a lot of stuff too. I know teams will say that free agency won't matter but it does. Who you lose and who you get might change some of the things you do with the draft

Ozzy rules!!

I just can't see it man but again, I think he'll be gone anyway. Last year the top guard was there too and we didn't take him. Funny I see a mock that has us taking Jackson at 11 which I highly doubt too and then I see another two mock with us going Corner......with Tank and Howard is hard to believe we'd go corner

Ozzy rules!!
Lol, no way either of those happen. Tannehill is without question the plan at QB for next season and beyond. We're set at QB, I've always been a firm believer in drafting BPA but within reason.

If all the QB’s actually declare. I think it’s safe to say that Rosen, Darnold, Allen and Mayfield go top 10. But if Drew Lock declares he potentially goes #1? And is at the very least another top 5-6 candidate?

We should be taking Roquan Smith out of Georgia. I would not be adverse to taking Quention Nelson out of Notre Dame either
Can you elaborate why you would be against taking Nelson? I agree 11th is too high, but if we could trade back and get some extra picks, I think it would be a good move. I know it is not a sexy pick.

If Nick Chubb is available for us in the second round, we'd be crazy to pass on him. He reminds me so much of Frank Gore, it's ridiculous. And yes, I know how many (MANY) other needs we have. But this kid is special.

With his injury history, is it wishful thinking that he makes it to round three?

Can you elaborate why you would be against taking Nelson? I agree 11th is too high, but if we could trade back and get some extra picks, I think it would be a good move. I know it is not a sexy pick.
No I would be perfectly fine taking Nelson at 11. If Smith is gone that would be my second choice.

I think the further you trade down the less chance you have at getting one of those premium guys. It's better to just go ahead and take the plunge instead of putting it off.

Too many times people get caught up in picking someone too high. If that guy is best at his position and it is an immediate need you take them.

TJ's deal is super cheap and easy to get out of. He was brought in to give the team more hybrid looks and maybe even as a coverage guy on TEs . . . We had both FS go down and had no chance to utilize that strategy.

TJ and Jones being resigned should have zero effect on this team grabbing a FS.

James is enough of an athlete to be that guy, but damn he could be Eric Berry like at SS.

Maybe it's just me, but I like Harrison better than James. Also think he'd be a better fit.

Trade back into later in the first round then trade back again. Need lots of help. Trade back to 16-22 for another second or third this year and second next year. Then trade back again for more of the same. Can get major help with two 2nd second and two 3rd rounders. 5 players in first three rounds gets you help at LB, OL, TE, CB, and FS.

Because what this team needs is more Odricks and Misis and fewer Earl Thomases.

Back
Top Bottom