Some Draft Thoughts After Looking at Some Early Mock Drafts | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some Draft Thoughts After Looking at Some Early Mock Drafts

I've seen Payne on mock going to Pitt at 29. I think 11 would be way before his time and you'd be drafting yet another guy that won't play all that much his first year or two. Not saying Carroo was as good a player but he can't get on the field because we have 3 guys way ahead of him. Bring a DT and you have Suh, Phillips, DG and Taylor already. Don't make sense to do that at 11 with all the holes we have and bringing in Suh who was way better coming out than Payne hasn't help as much as we had hope. You need LB's and DE's to win

Ozzy rules!!

How many dynamic LBs are there outside of Smith? Give me Payne over Rahsaan Evans all day.
I agree that other than Smith there's not many LB's that you would even look at around the 11 pick. DE's depends on the combine I guess

Ozzy rules!!

I agree that other than Smith there's not many LB's that you would even look at around the 11 pick. DE's depends on the combine I guess

Ozzy rules!!
I agree, but outside of Chubb I haven't seen any sure fire 4/3 DEs. I haven't had change to look at Davenport. Don't even know what school he attended.
Payne has 1 sack and 1 TFL on the season, with only 18 solo tackles. He's strong and occupies blockers, but that's not hard to find. No reason to consider him in the 1st.
So we are looking for consensus too 7: Minkah, Derwin James, Chubb, R Smith we have agreed. We are having discussion about remaining 3 spots.

Are you talking about everything outside of QB? Darnold is a lock if we are talking QB. Mayfield and Cleveland seem to be a lock too. Cleveland loves him

I agree, but outside of Chubb I haven't seen any sure fire 4/3 DEs. I haven't had change to look at Davenport. Don't even know what school he attended.

So we are looking for consensus too 7: Minkah, Derwin James, Chubb, R Smith we have agreed. We are having discussion about remaining 3 spots.

I have no idea what you're trying to say.

I would add Orlando Brown.

Roq smith will be there and he'll be the pick. You can sharpie it onto your mocks since there's squat weakside lbs in free agency and that's our greatest need. I hope oak takes one of fitz and James. If he's taken i'd see, andrews, brown if James is traded, the clemson dline men since wilkins can play some le, landry at de or a trade down. Fitz and James might be in talk if we really mean moving mcdonal around.

I think Harold Landry is a top 10 lock. I understand the reservations about him.

Roq smith will be there and he'll be the pick. You can sharpie it onto your mocks since there's squat weakside lbs in free agency and that's our greatest need. I hope oak takes one of fitz and James. If he's taken i'd see, andrews, brown if James is traded, the clemson dline men since wilkins can play some le, landry at de or a trade down. Fitz and James might be in talk if we really mean moving mcdonal around.
I like Smith as well but would prefer James. Happy with either. James has great versatility. He can play LB in a big Nickel package, you can keep him on field with TJ & Jones, great in run support.

I like Smith a lot but his size concerns me quite a bit as well. He's super fast and athletic but again he's undersized so you'd expect him to be a high twitch kinda guy. We've drafted tons of guys I've disliked more, I actually wouldn't mind Smith but again the size is a concern.

Havent seen much on Sutton but he intrigues me, especially with Landry possibly leaving. Does Miami want to take a wr again in the first after Parker who is a bust in my opinion? Ridley will be there and I like Ridley but I see him as more of an elite number 2 not a 1.

I really like the idea of finally fixing the oline and Nelson looks like a 10x pro bowler to me. I also like Mincah as a combo DB and Derwin James as a safety if we moved McDonald to wlb which I think is actually a pretty decent idea.

Back
Top Bottom