Some Draft Thoughts After Looking at Some Early Mock Drafts | Page 27 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some Draft Thoughts After Looking at Some Early Mock Drafts

In middle of the post we made an assumption, 3 QBs and Barkley will be gone.
That means Miami wil have choice of 7 players. Trying to create an early agreed upon top 7.

I wouldn't be surprised to see 4 or 5 QB's go top 10, but Mayfield (if he has 9"+ hands) is the only one I'd trust (on the field).

Courtland Sutton is better than any of the 2016 or 2017 WR's, and 3 WR's went top 10 im 2017. He's probably off the board at 11.

OL will depend upon testing and measurements. If Brown looks and tests great, he'll go top 10. If not, he'll fall. Same for Connor Williams, Okorafor, and Nelson - and even Tyrell Crosby and Martinas Rankin. Rankin is probably too old, though. All of these guys have really good tape, and it will come down to tools/character.

Chubb is a lock, and I think Davenport will be, too. No DT's.

Roquan Smith and Leighton Vander Esch look like they'll be in that range, but tests and measurements will be important for both.

Josh Jackson probably doesn't have the speed to go that early, but if he's faster than expected, he should be in that range. Fitzpatrick seems locked in.

DeShon Elliott is a big, fast, instinctive ball hawk, who tackles well and makes plays at every level. He reminds me a bit of Harrison Smith. Unless he tests much worse than I expect, he should be in that area. James probably goes top 10, but I don't necessarily see FS instincts. Rich for a SS/Joker, but he's good.

I think he wants to decide the top 7 prospects. Probably excluding QB and Barkley

I argue Guice is a top 10 lock but i guess nobody else is on board with that

I think on a RB needy team and if he tests well, I could see him going top 10.

How is Guice as a reciever and in pass protection?

He good enough...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

He will stick his head in there as a blocker and he is an above average receiver...maybe not on the level of Barkley, but he is a more fierce runner.
Guice.gif

guice.gif

RigidFlashyBassethound-max-1mb.gif

lsu-s-derrius-guice-just-trucked-louisville-s-188-pound-kicker-like-fournette-would-ve__875142_.gif

I think on a RB needy team and if he tests well, I could see him going top 10.

He good enough...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

He will stick his head in there as a blocker and he is an above average receiver...maybe not on the level of Barkley, but he is a more fierce runner.
Guice.gif

guice.gif

RigidFlashyBassethound-max-1mb.gif

lsu-s-derrius-guice-just-trucked-louisville-s-188-pound-kicker-like-fournette-would-ve__875142_.gif

He's excellent - much better instincts than Barkley, more decisive. Health is the main concern. His violent running style is fun to watch and very effective, but he hasn't posted a complete season. At his size, and seeing how he runs, that does concern me.

He's excellent - much better instincts than Barkley, more decisive. Health is the main concern. His violent running style is fun to watch and very effective, but he hasn't posted a complete season. At his size, and seeing how he runs, that does concern me.

If we were in a position to make a luxury pick and with Drake on the roster...I would take him. With that said, I know we have more pressing needs and hope he ends up with an NFC team.

Be careful, there are alot of fin fans that don't like their players to play with passion. i.e see Landry

I don’t mind passion, doing things that cost your team and drawing penalties or ejections concern me though.

I think JDW had it right- that spoke to Landry and had it under control but those last 2 games, not so much.

Im going to say Smith goes to Oakland at 10 and we draft James at 11. Thats where Im at the moment. Next choose would be best DE most likley.

Last edited:
Regarding Landry- he had same amount of penalty yards as Antonio Brown, less than Kenny Stills and only 10 yards more than Hopkins & AJ. Keep in mind the mess of a season it's been. Crap QB play, supporting WR undependable, Fales at QB last game vs rival. Frustration built up- give him benefit of doubt.

Jaqueem Griffin is exactly what our defense needs, the kid can instinctively play the game and play it at multiple positions, your also getting hi end pass rush ability with explosive attributes in quickness and speed.

Don’t care if he only has one hand..he has a rare trait and that is counter athleticism.. meaning his body reacts athletically to get itself into position to finish after the offender makes a move.

This team needs an attitude adjustment.. I think his courage will humble the spoiled vets..

And we can probably get him as a steal

I don’t mind passion, doing things that cost your team and drawing penalties or ejections concern me though.

I think JDW had it right- that spoke to Landry and had it under control but those last 2 games, not so much.

Im going to say Smith goes to Oakland at 10 and we draft James at 11. Thats where Im at the moment. Next choose would be best DE most likley.
Funny you say that because this draft site tankathon.com has the raiders taking James and us taking Smith. Till recently I didn't think we'd draft a Safety but I can see is possible depending on what we do with free agency. I know everyone is thinking LB but what if we get one in free agency?

Ozzy rules!!

BTW, I like Edmunds from VT. He looks fast out there with his closing speed and strong. Very dynamic for what I've seen so far. Don't know that he'd be there at 42 for us but if we trade down then who knows.

Ozzy rules!!

Funny you say that because this draft site tankathon.com has the raiders taking James and us taking Smith. Till recently I didn't think we'd draft a Safety but I can see is possible depending on what we do with free agency. I know everyone is thinking LB but what if we get one in free agency?

Ozzy rules!!

Honestly, all these same names for the most part are being discussed, just depends on how they get shuffeled around and who is still there at 11, and of course maybe the possible surprise that slips in.

Honestly, all these same names for the most part are being discussed, just depends on how they get shuffeled around and who is still there at 11, and of course maybe the possible surprise that slips in.
Along with who has a very good showing at the Senior bowl and combine workout and rises up the board.

And even thought most FO/Coaches say free agency doesn't matter, it really does. Players we think might be going to a certain team might not depending on what that team does in free agency, I have no doubt that somebody will fall but how many times have we seen a guy fall to us, only for us not to draft that player? The fact is that at this time there doesn't seem to be a clear guy that we'd want to draft at 11 of the players that have a real chance to be there. Even Smith, there are concerns there too

Ozzy rules!!

I hope we find our own version of Russell Wilson in the 2nd or 3rd round...I don’t have confidence that our FO knows what QB they would draft in the 1st and they’d probably pick the wrong one. Let them roll the dice in the 2nd and 3rd. It’ll be less painful if he doesn’t pan out.

I hope we find our own version of Russell Wilson in the 2nd or 3rd round...I don’t have confidence that our FO knows what QB they would draft in the 1st and they’d probably pick the wrong one. Let them roll the dice in the 2nd and 3rd. It’ll be less painful if he doesn’t pan out.
Not only that but with the first pick we could draft a player that will start from day one.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom