Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Some Game Observations

Originally posted by RikWriter

Oh look, it's the Trash-Talk Twins, joined at the lip. :rolleyes:

More name calling?

Tsk, Tsk:shakeno:

Re: Re: Re: Some Game Observations

Originally posted by Emskirch

Whats his record as a Starting QB?

So your contention is that he won all those games on his ability? That our defense and running game had no bearing on it and can't be given credit for the wins?
Then I guess all those losses are solely his responsibility too, by your own logic, and he must be the sole reason we got spanked and embarrassed in playoff games against the Raiders and Ravens? Right?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Some Game Observations

Originally posted by juniorseau55

You just don't get it do you? Like always bazinet, Rikwriter is right and everyone is wrong.

I don't see what kind of logic you are trying to apply. It's obvious that every game situation is different and the game against the giants was different. Not only were the giants real agressive up front, but they were playing agressive on the air as well. We had a couple of our receivers drop balls all over the field. Mainly because their defensive backs were playing on their face. The steelers haven't been able to execute what the giants have against the pass so you can give most of the success for the browns passing game for the steelers lack of playing inconsistent pass defense.

Bazinet also defends Fiedler too much, Fiedler forced the ball and he was lucky for the second week straight that he didn't threw a possible of 3-4 interceptions. Our offensive line also needs help but my friend Bazinet here needs more help counting because I don't remember Fiedler Running all over the game after every snap. Yes, if he would have had 2 seconds to throw the ball then he would have to be pulling some michael vicks. We are fine at the moment, we won a game and Jay Fiedler kept the ball moving to put us in a good situation even though he risked putting us in bad situations by forcing the ball to much. Ricky Williams couldn't get it going and it was mainly because the Giants worked all week to stop him for a reason and it didn't win them a game. Ricky couldn't also stretch down the field because there was almost no holes for him to hit. We won the game and that is all that matters and who cares about stats if you can't win a game, boring game overall but we won.

I don't think I defend Fiedler too much. I did admit he played a so-so game. What I'm saying is the guy had no running game, taking away the play-action pass that this offense thrives on. He was under heavy pressure all night. I exaggerated when I said he had 2 seconds to throw all day, I thought that was understood, but my mistake. If you could find a QB that could light up against a top 10 D in these same circumstances, I'd be impressed. There are maybe only 2 or 3 who could do it. Also, the last thing I don't think anyone is considering is that the Giants secondary was NOT going to let Fiedler pass all over them. Overall, this was a good game by the offense, and a GREAT defensive effort......

They are not a top ten defense against the pass Bazinet.

They suck against the pass because they "sell out" to the run.

What I am thinking is that I can't believe that our passing game is so inept that we couldn't even get 200 yards against that piss poor effort of a defensive scheme.

Key words "defensive scheme".

Re: Re: Some Game Observations

Originally posted by ZOD

PhinKev,

What your post ignores is the fact of how many players were committed to the rush.

In the preseason nobody bashed our line as much as me.

For what they were facing (amount of men) on the rush, I think the line and Ricky did a good job in both run and pass.

Ricky did not release from the backfield the entire game on a pass. The rush dictated that he remain in the pocket to block.

I put the blame on the ineffective offense on the QB and the receivers.

I agree to some extent, but a lot of teams sell out against the run versus the Dolphins, and we still run. I went back and watched some of the plays on TIVO and they did run blitz and stunt, but there were plenty of times where the D-Line just got penetration very early.

In his press conference Wanny said that there were some missed assignments and we had a new center and a rookie at left tackle. All true, but the offensive line needs to play better.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Some Game Observations

Originally posted by RikWriter

Sorry, but that doesn't mean anything. There are buttloads of people who play or have played football who still don't understand offenses. Dave Wannstedt for one.

And it's still you. The Browns offense doesn't HAVE to live and die by the play action BECAUSE THEY HAVE A GOOD QUARTERBACK. You live and die by the play action if your QB can only get the ball to the receivers if there are no double-teams.

You live and die by the playaction if your qb can only get teh ball to the receivers if there are no double team? and dave wannstead doesn't know about offenses?

What kind of analogy and statement is that. He's been known for being one of the best defensive coaches, specially improving the canes defense from one of the worst in the nation to one of the best in the nation and they went ahead to win the national Championship. Jimmy and Wannstead go way back so when Jimmy started as a coach in the nfl, he brought dave Wannstead in and changed one of the leagues worst defense into one of the best and the list goes on. So therefore its logical that the man understands offenses. He is our head coach and he has improve this team since the days of Jimmy Johnson, and by far. We weren't as competitive as we thought.

By the way your analogy of us using play action makes no sense at all. Play action is mainly used to take the defense off balance and to open up holes for receivers to squeak through. It also makes the running game much more efficient.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Some Game Observations

I'm not even going to argue with Rik anymore. I mean, I study this crap a good 20-30 hours a week, and I'm still wrong? Hell, I guess that means the whole population of football players is wrong and Rik is right because I'm taught what every other football player in the world is taught. I only get an hour of time to be on the internet a day, and I'm not going to waste it arguing with him......

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Some Game Observations

Originally posted by Bazinet37
Hell, I guess that means the whole population of football players is wrong and Rik is right because I'm taught what every other football player in the world is taught.

You are finally beginning to understand....

Back
Top Bottom